Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dragon Age Inquisition Panel at PAX Australia

Delterius

Arcane
The only moral choice is whether to play it. And to be perfectly honest, it's not that difficult a decision. Dear god, the pain inflicted when those characters spoke... it was like sticking your dick into this thing's chest.

Pretty sure you're aiming at an extension of its mouth.

The fast and fluid combat in Dragon Age 2
Fluid combat != combat with ludicrous amounts of bodily fluids spilled.
Fucking Bioware.

The best press release I saw about the 'best of both worlds' was something like 'slow-paced and tactical like origins; but fast-paced and fluid like 2'

FeelTheRads

Arcane
'slow-paced and tactical like origins; but fast-paced and fluid like 2'

:lol:

Everything is everything these days. It's romantic, but full of manly action. It's slow, but it's fast. It's short, but it's long. It's everything... and much more! Buy everything now!

Rake

Arcane

Everything is everything these days. It's romantic, but full of manly action. It's slow, but it's fast. It's short, but it's long. It's everything... and much more! Buy everything now!
The sad thing is that t works. I bet some Biodrone somewhere is :yeah:, they listen to us and we will have awesome slow paced tactical fast action combat

Lerk

Learned

The only tactical element in DA:O was battling the dipshit pathfinding and AI.

That Bioware believe DA2 had any redeeming qualities at all seems to suggest they're as far up their own arse as ever. Internal spin probably chalks up the ME3 ending as "brave and misunderstood".

Eagerly awaiting the inevitable labial piercing and horse-dong strap-on mods for this on the Nexus though :troll:

RPGMaster

Savant
They've been working on this for two years now and they still haven't gotten anything to show or even talk about? I smell disaster.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They've been working on this for two years now and they still haven't gotten anything to show or even talk about? I smell disaster.

Yes, nothing says "disaster" like taking your time to do it properly after the rushed abortion that was DA2. Then again they took their time with DA1 and it was worse than 2.

:troll:

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
It wouldn't be Dragon Age if people don't explode when you poke daggers in them. Gritty, realistic touches like that make DA combat compelling.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The choices you made that were saved in other Dragon Age games will "absolutely come across" to the third instalment, Dragon Age Inquisition. [...] [Cameron Lee] was asked whether BioWare knew how it would tackle saved game imports in light of Dragon Age Inquisition also appearing on new consoles - new technology. "We know what we want to do," he said. "It will absolutely come across - your decisions carry [and] will matter." But he could say no more.

One name - Leliana.

"But I chopped off your head back in the sacred ashes temple!"
"I knew it wasn't my time yet, Maker wants me to live on."
"So...what? You crawl back and put the bleeding head back onto your neck?"

"You're free to make all the assumptions you like." said David Gaider.

I'm assuming chopping off someone's head isn't the same as killing them.

By "your decisions will matter", it's probably going to be another "No, we decide what your decisions are and your expectation is irrelavent".
Next thing you know will be that Anders was pretending to get stab by Hawke. He actually escaped Kirkwall.

Same issue with Zevren. I killed him when I met him in Dragon Age. Bitch would not take no for an answer.
On the other hand, Zevran and the others look so much different from their Origin days that they could easily be entirely new characters. What, you think the bisexual elf assassin is a unique character?

zevran showing in da2 if you killed him in da was a fucking bug and they admitted that(and i think they fixed that in one of the laters patches) . leliana on the other hand:hmmm: i just dont get it why bioware doesnt make their own canon? trying to make everybody happy never works. especially if one game is not a direct sequel to the other. give me a freedom of choices inside one game but than dont try to link together every fucking outcome from 3.5 million players. if that faggot alistair is supposed to be a king so let it be. i will still kill/exile him in my every fucking play:cool:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
i just dont get it why bioware doesnt make their own canon? trying to make everybody happy never works. especially if one game is not a direct sequel to the other. give me a freedom of choices inside one game but than dont try to link together every fucking outcome from 3.5 million players. if that faggot alistair is supposed to be a king so let it be. i will still kill/exile him in my every fucking play:cool:
Yes, million times this. C&C between games is overrated and makes the games more difficult to develop. They should use those resources for making the game better.

Delterius

Arcane
i just dont get it why bioware doesnt make their own canon?
They do, but they also want to acknowledge your previous decisions. :M

Its what I was talking about.

Mind you, what's funny is that BioWare retcons things that weren't that big a deal. They brought Leliana back not because their writers' minds is a black hole unable to think up another character, but because they liked her.

DraQ

Arcane
The choices you made that were saved in other Dragon Age games will "absolutely come across" to the third instalment, Dragon Age Inquisition. [...] [Cameron Lee] was asked whether BioWare knew how it would tackle saved game imports in light of Dragon Age Inquisition also appearing on new consoles - new technology. "We know what we want to do," he said. "It will absolutely come across - your decisions carry [and] will matter." But he could say no more.

One name - Leliana.

"But I chopped off your head back in the sacred ashes temple!"
"I knew it wasn't my time yet, Maker wants me to live on."
"So...what? You crawl back and put the bleeding head back onto your neck?"

"You're free to make all the assumptions you like." said David Gaider.

I'm assuming chopping off someone's head isn't the same as killing them.

By "your decisions will matter", it's probably going to be another "No, we decide what your decisions are and your expectation is irrelavent".
Next thing you know will be that Anders was pretending to get stab by Hawke. He actually escaped Kirkwall.
BW is such a bunch of clowns.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They do, but they also want to pretend that they acknowledge your previous decisions. :M

Fixed.

But seriously, DA2 is distant enough to become something completely non-connected.
Zevran and Leliana aside, I think the epilogues/ending sideshows from DAO also conflicted with DA2.
I didn't notice any contradictions with what I did.

Septaryeth

Augur
Well I can't speak for everyone's experience, just as some people didn't choose to chop off Leliana's head and thus found her appearance appropriate.
I guess I will have to go back and check my game saves to confirm this......my impression was that Awakening doesn't connect with DA2 (and perhaps some part of DAO).
Something to do with Anders and Nathaniel - especially Anders. About him staying as a warden? And Justice didn't possess him?

i dont give a fuck about my decisions in game from 2011 or 2009. whats the fucking point of promising that your decisions will matter in game made 5 years later? it only leads to fucking disapointment. fuck it bioware just leave it. its not that dragon age was supposed to be a fucking trilogy like mass effect where everything was planned ahead:troll:

fucking cd projekt promised the same bullshit and all i got in twicher 2 was a lame armor. fuck importing saves.

It can also be a recipe for bad storytelling. The player should determine
a decent portion of the things that happen in a videogame (not the whole lot - Deus Ex's emergent gameplay still tops 'game interactivity' for me, and that had barely any actual story choice)- that's t he nature of the medium. But putting things in, not for their effect in the current story, but for some hypothetical stroy years down the track that doesn't even have a design document yet? Poor form all round.

The only tactical element in DA:O was battling the dipshit pathfinding and AI.

That Bioware believe DA2 had any redeeming qualities at all seems to suggest they're as far up their own arse as ever. Internal spin probably chalks up the ME3 ending as "brave and misunderstood".

Eagerly awaiting the inevitable labial piercing and horse-dong strap-on mods for this on the Nexus though :troll:

There are some parts of me that admires the titanium football stadium sized balls that their PR folk must have to come out out with this. With every other company it's: 'we now realise that our last game, despite our calling it the best game ever made, actually really sucked. Our NEXT game will fix all those errors and truly WILL be the best game ever made'.

With Bioware it's 'FUCK YOU! OUR LAST GAME REALLY WAS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! YOU CUNTS JUST DON'T DESERVE OUR BRILLIANCE. GO DIE IN A FIRE!'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom