Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty Princes is right... still play NWN modules while can't even remember what was the shit Biowhores published after this game. :oops:

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
"Not really fair to compare a toolset from 2011 to one from 2002. At the time, NWN was one of the best."

NWN is still the best. It was always be the best. there is no other. It is GOD. NWN will never be a LOST LEGACY.It has, it does, it will CONQUER all enemies and destroy pieces of shit like you and wannabe NWNs.

i remember people lying and claiming that NWN would be long forgotten right after its release... that was in 2002... It's 2012 and it is still a BEACON OF LIGHT ON THE CODEX OF FAIL.

NWN 4 EVAR! X0X0X0X0X
y u quote without using the script syntaxt LOL!
Do you ask wind, why does it blow? Then why are you asking Volourn for his stuff.
IRC it's because he fights the ideas, not the people :lol:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would play Dragon Age 2 tomorrow over NWN if you put a gun to my head and made me choose. Decline or not at least DA2 didn't make me want to kill myself from boredom. You can make fun of it if nothing else.

KidBoogie

Learned
I would play Dragon Age 2 tomorrow over NWN if you put a gun to my head and made me choose. Decline or not at least DA2 didn't make me want to kill myself from boredom. You can make fun of it if nothing else.

I paid 60$ for that shit and i'm still not past the 'tutorial'. Maybe it gets better further along but I'd probably just choose death

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
FUCK YOU BOTH! NWN > DAs+ BGs + FOs + EVERY OTHER FUKKIN' GAME CREATED!!!

Cadaveth

Novice

I paid 60$ for that shit and i'm still not past the 'tutorial'. Maybe it gets better further along but I'd probably just choose death

It doesn't tbh, I downloaded it in june, played it for two days and haven't fired it up since. Think I got to Kirkwall and did few quests there.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It actually does but not still not worth the heavy time investment for most people.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Artworks:

http://www.ag.ru/games/dragon-age-3-inquisition/screenshots/461200

It actually looks good. What is this vile trickery?!:rpgcodex:
Is it me or...
wlTQb.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
What is this vile trickery?!
It's called concept art.
Yes, but it surprised me how non-derp it is.

But i just checked DA2's concept art, turns out it was very good too. Strange, i somehow copletely missed it back then, all i remember are horrible screenshots...
Concept art is almost always better than what it ends up as*. Especially for "AAA" studios like BioWare and Bethesda. In their cases, concept art should absolutely be seen as what the finished product will NOT look like. It's the most fantasy Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls will ever be.

*Sometimes it's just as good.

Is it me or...
wlTQb.jpg
What game are the other two pics from?

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
FUCK YOU BOTH! NWN > DAs+ BGs + FOs + EVERY OTHER FUKKIN' GAME CREATED!!!
I'm curious as to what mods for NWN you have played...because certainly, no assuredly, you can't mean the main campaign or any of its expansions.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Okay I think it's safe to say that the game is gonna look very nice, but that means shit in the face of David Gaiders, Mike Laidlaws and Hamburger Herplers deep abyss of horrifying ideas and directions that will further enhance and please the EA executive board Bioware fans CRPG gamers.

EA: "This better be a Skyrim killer or else...!"
Bio: "Sir, understood, Sir!"

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Okay I think it's safe to say that the game is gonna look very nice
*sigh* You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

[/chigurh]

It will use Frostbite 2 engine and run on Next-Gen platforms, so yeah, I know what I'm talking about, her Horsy Majesty Dumbfucky.
Well, at the very least you seem to think that you do.

I don't know how you do it. How can you not be a jaded asshole, Smorgothbord? What is your secret? Lack of experience? Badgers ripped out your eyes when you were six?

Karmapowered

Augur
There exists toolkits that are way better in terms of techical prowess and ease of use, such as the editor for skyrim for example.
Bullshit. So far Aurora Toolset is the most handy, easy to use and yet complex (in terms of possibilities) modding tool I had the pleasure to work with. If you're a script monkey you can do some really great stuff with it. Beth's CS/CK is buggy and sloppy due to its excel interface.

:bro:

The modules of NWN is more a testament to the skill and dedication of the NWN-community, rather than the toolkit. There exists toolkits that are way better in terms of techical prowess and ease of use, such as the editor for skyrim for example.

It's beyond me how anyone could claim that a weak derivative from the "Gamebryo" engine, designed since TES 3 with frenzied monkeys randomly hitting on a keyboard as end-users in mind, could be a superior choice for any long-standing and serious modder.

It's pain enough to debug the (mostly) untraceable crashes, which will inevitably and reliably happen with said engine.

The pain becomes unbearable if you add on top that you will have to deal with the (mostly) inane Bethesda playerbase that will have downloaded your mod, and come furious at your throat pretending that you just broke their game/computer/home/mommy because they can't into processing simple instructions contained within a readme file.

EDIT: Oh, and to return OT, DA3 will suck as cRPG, despite all the (arguably) pwetty graphix it seems to have. You've read it here first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom