Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age set for 2009?

Apparently with EA at their helm, everyone's second favorite vapourware (behind Duke Nuken Forever, of course), Bioware's Dragon Age, may actually be released some time in early 2009. Spotted this here.

When asked by an analyst about which of EA's new intellectual properties would be among its internal top 10 bestsellers for 2008, Riccitiello began listing his picks. "Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Spore, Dead Space, including subscriptions Warhammer [Online]--but that won't show up in NPD, Battlefield: Bad Company...that'll certainly get in there," he predicted. Then, the executive added "Saboteur and Dragon Age" before quickly tacking on the qualifier, "but those two won't make the calendar year because they're coming in fiscal Q4." EA's fiscal year ends on March 31, 2009, which means that both games will now arrive in the first three months of next year.

Does that mean that a possible hype blitz is on the way? Will there be another 27-page clusterfuck if it has DRM? Will we be able to enslave entire nations with necromancy? Will there be an identical newspost in a matter of hours? The answers may be just around the corner.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dragon Age was already confirmed to arrive in this fiscal year, so before April 1 2009. That this'd be Q1 2009 should surprise no one.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
dgaider.jpg

Best I could do in 30 minutes.

Section8

Cipher
I'm hoping for baldur's gate 2 with better combat

I'm hoping for Baldur's Gate 2 with better everything. Seriously, I just don't get the fascination. It's a game with shit combat, shit characters, shit story, shit quests, (mostly) shit voice acting... What's the deal? I don't care how hard anyone gets listening to David Warner, he's got 190 other credits to his name, go watch/play them instead.

Dolar

Novice
Dgaider said:
Warden said:
His one and only bitch is Aerie.
Really? I'm aware of at least one other whiny bitch, actually.

If Dragon Age isn't shitty I'll be your bitch too. I'll let the Doctors run a train on me.

Just don't screw it up or you miss out on all this hot mansex.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"It's a game with shit combat, shit characters, shit story, shit quests, (mostly) shit voice acting..."

You just described TOEE....

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Yes, that game sucked totally. (now move on and don't take the bait)

It's true that it was a sucky game tho

(I'm not helping)

Yeah, the combat was shit too, fuck you

COME ON TAKE THE BAIT

DemonKing

Arcane
Spacemoose said:

You're pretty optimistic!

I doubt that we'll get a 200+ hour game for starters (I'm hoping for at least 40+ hours though).

Also if the last 3 Bio titles are anything to go by, we'll be getting a game where story and dialog come first, and combat comes a distant second. Now, I guess we should remember that KOTOR, JE and ME all began life on consoles, so there's some hope for DA on this issue, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd really love for Gaider to make me his bitch with this game but it's been vapourware for so long I'm not getting too excited. In any case, the patented Bio-hype machine hasn't got rolling yet so it's still too early to lose sleep over it either way.

Binary

Liturgist
Dgaider said:
Xor said:

SO TOTALLY AWESOME.

I now have a new Facebook pic. :cool:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute... you don't hold the rights to that pic.... that's PIRACY!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :lol: :twisted:

Redlands

Arcane
Binary said:
Dgaider said:
Xor said:

SO TOTALLY AWESOME.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute... you don't hold the rights to that pic.... that's PIRACY!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :lol: :twisted:

Such a scandal can only be known as Gaidergate.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Redlands said:
Binary said:
Dgaider said:
Xor said:

SO TOTALLY AWESOME.

Such a scandal can only be known as Gaidergate.
Now all he needs to do to complete it is to say the quote...

kris

Arcane
DemonKing said:
Also if the last 3 Bio titles are anything to go by, we'll be getting a game where story and dialog come first, and combat comes a distant second. Now, I guess we should remember that KOTOR, JE and ME all began life on consoles, so there's some hope for DA on this issue, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I found ME to be mostly combat.

A gripe I am sure I will have with DA is that it will be short and railroaded. That seems to be the trend.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
are we gonna fight ancient evil that comes back once every century or so years? and we gotta get four pieces of information before we can head to the showdown zone?

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Lestat said:
RK47 said:
are we gonna fight ancient evil that comes back once every century or so years? and we gotta get four pieces of information before we can head to the showdown zone?
Hey, no spoilers in this thread!
Bioware's games aren't about story, they're about character interaction.

Mareus

Magister
Section8 said:

I'm hoping for Baldur's Gate 2 with better everything. Seriously, I just don't get the fascination. It's a game with shit combat, shit characters, shit story, shit quests, (mostly) shit voice acting... What's the deal? I don't care how hard anyone gets listening to David Warner, he's got 190 other credits to his name, go watch/play them instead.

And you have shitty brains, shitty arguments and head full of shit to write such nonsense. I could understand if you said BG has lack of dialog options and lack of real consequenseces, but what you just wrote is apsolute shit.

I am really interested which of your favorite games has better story, better combat, better characters, better quests and better voice acting?

Asswipe.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, lets hope we'll be pleasantly surprised by this game. If it's a typical bioware rpg, fine. Just don't give me the same rather boring party npc's that all of the latest bioware offerings had. I hope they'll take a good look at a game like GTA4 or PST on how to make memorable characters. Otherwise I'm sure it will at leats be a decent offering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom