Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age set for 2009?

DefJam101

Arcane
Volourn said:
I simply state my opinion. just remember, on the internet, an unpopualr opinion is always considered 'trolling' by the majority.

Wow, Volourn pulled a Cleve Blakemore.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
"They did? The interwebs seem to say the opposite. I scoped out the box, and must have missed the list of DRM constraints? Oh yeah, you're an idiot with no ties to reality."

O RLY? Considering this disucssion was in uproar well before ME PC release it should be obvious this was a well known fact beforehand. Not like it was some deep secret. BIo, and EA let everybody know about this. If you ar ether type to buy games simply base don the box you desereve what you get. Do some fuckin' research, DUDE.

Period.

Regardless it's absoloute dogshit, who buys a DVD expecting to only be able to watch it half a dozen times? I pity the poor bastard who buys the game in a store and doesn't live on the internet, the box won't say this game contains DRM which may:
a) send out personal data from your PC to EA
b) cause physical damage to hardware components
c) Only allow 2-3 installs before have to jump through hoops, possibly call international, where the criteria for further activations is arbitary
d) Raise security risks for your PC from third parties
e) Provide you with miscellaneous technical dificulties when trying to run the game

Hell maybe they should start putting that shit on boxes, fortunately it's EA that's doing it, can't rememer the last time they or Bioware actually released something I gave a fuck about.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Xor said:
dgaider.jpg
So does this mean Dragon Age will suck like Daikatana?

MetalCraze

Arcane
hmm let's see
with last 4 games and all those addons it goes pretty much downhill for Bio. plus EA as a publisher...

yes.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Karth is a broken soldier of the old empire, haunted by the betrayal of his superiors that led to the death of his comrades in a bloody battle. Being the sole survivor torments him to this very day and he mistrusts anyone in fear of being betrayed again.

"You just can't trust anyone, not even the King anymore. You won't betray me would you? I'll be watching you closely from now on."

carthda2.jpg

bat_boro

Arcane
Today Bioshock's copy protection, which I believe was similar to Mass Effect's, has been removed and users are now free to install the game as many times as they want on as many machines as they won't.

So I guess there's hope for this shit to happen with ME... you just have to wait six more months to be able to play it :lol:

RK47

Patron
Will there be Dragonbornes who don't understand why they like me?
love.jpg

Kraszu

Prophet
Wow you can't even not engage in that cosmic romance, or can you not begin it at all?

DiverNB

Liturgist
Binary said:
Kraszu said:
Wow you can't even not engage in that cosmic romance, or can you not begin it at all?

Ye're not from these parts, are ye? ;)

We don't take kindly to yer kind 'round here boy.

We have three choices with one outcome and we like it.

RK47

Patron
bastila.jpg

Sharia Bhaan, Grand Paladin of the Order of the Shining Sabers

A prominent member of the Order of the Shining Sabers, Sharia is a woman with a strong willpower. Leading the expedition against the Sin Lord Nevar and his apprentice Malek, Sharia succeeded in besting Nevar with the aid of several Brothers in Arms and her gift of Battle Meditation. However, Malek, the apprentice sees an opportunity and betrayed his master, casting a destructive spell that killed most of Shiaria's men and Sin Lord Nevar before making his escape with the bulk of his forces. Sharia survived the destruction and vowed to bring Malek to justice.

The Order of the Shining Sabers do not believe in killing their prisoners. No one deserves execution, no matter what their crimes.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Oblivion.jpg

Stop Right There Criminal Scum,

My name is Imperial Guard, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are low endurance, low intelligence troublemakers who spend every second of their day looking for laws to break. You are everything bad in Tamriel. Honestly, have any of you ever bought something? I mean, I guess it's fun stealing shopkeepers' property because of your low score in mercantile, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than pickpocketing wandering traders when no guards are around.

Don't be a criminal. Just hit anyone within eyesight. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the running team, and starter on my shouting team. What sports do you play, other than "commit senseless acts of violence and theft against those who cannot defend themselves"? I also have full Imperial Armor, and have arrested the hero many times (She just paid the fine; Shit was SO gold). You are all criminals who should just resist arrest. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me apprehending a criminal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom