Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age set for 2009?

Warden

Arbiter
Dgaider said:
Really? I'm aware of at least one other whiny bitch, actually.

Yeah, me too.. I apologize. The one who gave birth to you. And I bet she's been whining ever since that happened.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Wow, I thought you're dumbfuck for a reason but now you act like a gentleman. I vote for undumbfucking you.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Mareus said:
Section8 said:
I'm hoping for baldur's gate 2 with better combat

I'm hoping for Baldur's Gate 2 with better everything. Seriously, I just don't get the fascination. It's a game with shit combat, shit characters, shit story, shit quests, (mostly) shit voice acting... What's the deal? I don't care how hard anyone gets listening to David Warner, he's got 190 other credits to his name, go watch/play them instead.

And you have shitty brains, shitty arguments and head full of shit to write such nonsense. I could understand if you said BG has lack of dialog options and lack of real consequenseces, but what you just wrote is apsolute shit.

I am really interested which of your favorite games has better story, better combat, better characters, better quests and better voice acting?

Asswipe.
jacketguy.gif

obediah

Erudite
I'd be excited about this if it wasn't for Bioware's new shit DRM scheme.

Any US citizen that licenses a game with that crap for $50 deserves to be beaten over the head with a barrel of tea by zombie founding fathers.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I don't really have a problem with a copy protection.

The reason im not that excited is that I feel that its going to be a typical modern action rpg with crappy real time combat, mostly linear story line, and not be very long or difficult as to not upset the retarted console fanboys.

On concept alone I really think it sounds interesting. It sounds like an original setting with deep background lore which makes me hope it would be a deep opened ended hardcore RPG, but I know it won't be and I will only be dissapointed once again.

I think every RPG in the last 6 or 7 years have dissapointed me. (At least those from major studios).

I stopped buying all major studio RPG's about 2 years ago, I wait for RPGcodex reviews now to tell me whether its the kind of game Im looking for or not, and usually find out they are not and I save my 50$.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You were disappointed by Arcanum, KOTOR 2, MotB, and The Witcher?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Xor said:
You were disappointed by Arcanum, KOTOR 2, MotB, and The Witcher?

I liked Arcanum but that came out in 2001 I believe?

MOTB was well done and I like the setting but I just don't like epic level D&D even though it was a well made game.

I also thought the Witcher was a well made game but it was more of an action game so It didn't hold my interest all that long.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It'll be 7 years this August.

Also, I forgot VtM:B.
And probably other things.

obediah

Erudite
Saxon1974 said:
I don't really have a problem with a copy protection.

You don't have a problem with magic limit of 3 installs triggered by unknown circumstances? From various reports using up an install can be as simple as installing a new card on your computer, or running it from a different windows account.

There are countless situations where legitimate users will not be able to play the game they paid for, and Bioware knew about them and released it anyway. They have given no indication that they consider it a problem either. Swapping hardware, reinstalling windows, and having multiple machines are all pretty damn common in the world of PC gaming and have fuck all to do with piracy.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"There are countless situations where legitimate users will not be able to play the game they paid for,"

And, these customers knew about it beforehand, and bought the game anyways. If someone doens't like the protection then don't buy the game. or play it. Piracy is wrong. Period.

"You were disappointed by Arcanum, KOTOR 2, MotB, and The Witcher?"

Arcanum: Very good game that I actually overrated when i first played it. good game but not without flaws.

KOTOR2: Overrated, average game. Much like KOTOR1.

MOTB: A pleasant surprise. Awesome game with not much to complain about.

TW: Overrated. Extremely poor writing, boring combat, and a main character that is just plain crap. But, it has B00BIES! YAY!

obediah

Erudite
Volourn said:
"There are countless situations where legitimate users will not be able to play the game they paid for,"

And, these customers knew about it beforehand, and bought the game anyways.

They did? The interwebs seem to say the opposite. I scoped out the box, and must have missed the list of DRM constraints? Oh yeah, you're an idiot with no ties to reality.

If someone doens't like the protection then don't buy the game. or play it. Piracy is wrong. Period.

Be gone you stupid fucking troll. I didn't say a word about fucking piracy.

BIOWARE IS SHITTING ALL OVER THEIR PC CUSTOMERS, THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SUPPORTED THEM FROM A BEGINNING AND THEY AREN'T SAYING A THING ABOUT IT BECAUSE EA IS BALLZ DEEP IN THEIR FACE. THEY SUCK AND DON'T DESERVE YOUR MONEY.(my apologies to the designers there, nothing personal, your games these days are shadows of former bioware games, but still compare well to all the other shit out there)

And that is the truth no matter how much piracy chaff you can come up with.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"They did? The interwebs seem to say the opposite. I scoped out the box, and must have missed the list of DRM constraints? Oh yeah, you're an idiot with no ties to reality."

O RLY? Considering this disucssion was in uproar well before ME PC release it should be obvious this was a well known fact beforehand. Not like it was some deep secret. BIo, and EA let everybody know about this. If you ar ether type to buy games simply base don the box you desereve what you get. Do some fuckin' research, DUDE.

Period.

Xor

Arcane
Volourn is one of the best trolls I've ever encountered.

obediah

Erudite
Xor said:
Volourn is one of the best trolls I've ever encountered.

Maybe, but I don't think so. He is either

1) A run-of-the-mill fanboi troll with a giant hear for bioware and a little brain for deflecting criticism.

2) The grand master of all trolls with no interest in bioware other than it's use for years and years of fun trolling elitest crpgs nerds.

#1 seems the safer bet.

Section8

Cipher
And you have shitty brains, shitty arguments and head full of shit to write such nonsense. I could understand if you said BG has lack of dialog options and lack of real consequenseces, but what you just wrote is apsolute shit.

I am really interested which of your favorite games has better story, better combat, better characters, better quests and better voice acting?

Asswipe.

Baaaww? May my words intrude upon your mind as you touch yourself to Viconia every night.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"1) A run-of-the-mill fanboi troll with a giant hear for bioware and a little brain for deflecting criticism. "

That be funny but since do fnaboys call games overrated (KOTOR), rate a game 75% (NWN OC), haven't played two games of their suppsoed beloved (MDK2, and SS), and considered an expansion pack that got some praise just middling (SOU). if thats' your defintion of fnaboy then up, that's me.

"2) The grand master of all trolls with no interest in bioware other than it's use for years and years of fun trolling elitest crpgs nerds."

While I like to shut down Codexers, I don't troll here (well.. not counting certain times in the past.. do a history check). I simply state my opinion. just remember, on the internet, an unpopualr opinion is always considered 'trolling' by the majority. Afterall, i've been called a troll on the BIo baords for calling KOTOR overrated. *shrug*

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Mareus said:
I could understand if you said BG has lack of dialog options and lack of real consequenseces.

To play devils advocate while I don't think BG2 is especially shit in any of those areas some games that come to mind that did one or more of those things better.

In terms of combat I prefer a lot of the games that use D&D 3rd edition, IWD2, TOEE, NWN2, I don't mind 'Deus Ex' style combat either (Bloodlines), even the actionier types (KOTOR1&2), Gothic 2 Golds combat was great also and the Witchers combat was interesting (only downside was it got a bit to easy, but we'll see what the enhanced edition brings).

For voice acting it's of better quality when looking at RPGs, but if you compare it to say some adventure games then it's pretty average, in RPG's though i'd have to say Bloodlines is head and shoulders above in that department. I guess this ties in to the characters as well, there's something recycled and cookie cuter about Bioware characters, same thing diferent setting. Obsidian is a little better in this regard, their cookie cutters have better writing, and they occasionally do something a litle more original. I won't mention PST.

BG2 has the epic story but to be honest I found things like Bloodlines, Witcher, Arcanum, Fallout, PST even something as simple as Diablo 2s' narratve to be more engrossing. Bio does a decent script though.

For quests it's definitely Arcanum, Fallouts, PSTs, Witcher, etc for me but BG2 has some decent distracting main and side quests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom