Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Herumor

Scholar
1718125081202748.jpg

:dead:
Not enough clutter, I can still see what's going on.

Vulpes

Scholar
Have you faggots only played DA:I or something? Walk in na straight line - combat - walk in a straight line again - combat - walk in a straight line a little bit more - combat - is standard DA gameplay.
That's been the case since Baldur's Gate 1. Besides maybe a rare few cases in NWN, I don't think their games ever offered you alternative paths through a combat zone.

Semiurge

Cipher
Don't worry guys , here Good news guys. Everyone is Pansexual in Veilguard. Now that's what i called:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:
https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon...want-will-include-nudity-it-gets-pretty-spicy

Speaking of spicy...​

Of course, Dragon Age: The Veilguard is a BioWare game, and games from the studio — specifically those in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series — are known to have some fairly explicit sex scenes

No they're not. Origins never showed any nudity, and whatever is in the rest is PG13 compared to what the Witcher series has shown. Dragon Age is a kids' franchise from uptight leftoids.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I mean I get it that Triple-A productions want to escape the photorealism timebomb due to the horrible aging/dev-cycle trap by leaning heavily into stylized visuals.

But please, not like this. Stop taking cues from Marvel shit and try to make a sincere effort on your own!

Reinhardt

Arcane
seriously tho, shit is just sad. half of rpg maker games on steam probably has better writing. that's what happens when you never interact with real humans.
ea, put them out of their misery already.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I really liked the part at the beginning when invading demons gracefully avoided the party to not interrupt their walk and talk. Who could've guessed that even demons can have good manners?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I used to criticize JRPG`s here in codex by :
  • Main character androgeny/gender ambiguity
  • Too much bloat in UI
  • Dissociation of gameplay and lore
Now I can`t... Because western RPG`s imported everything bad from JRPGs.

This is how an game UI should be imo

fcZgy1p.png

I wish there was a vomit button.

Sure, vomit would be a ability in 666 second cooldown, inflicting poison and corrode that combos with the strong independent woman strike and deals 200% your weapon damage in damage

Looks like some mobile chinese shit you can grab on google play store.

Nope. The mobile shit will come with attractive females, instead of females made by commiefornia manjaw industrial complex. Even if is only to take money for simps that waste money in gatcha...

half of rpg maker games on steam probably has better writing.

Half? I would say almost all if not all.

EDIT : Watched the gameplay

1 - Very flashy and non lethal combat
2 - FL4 style dialog(8:58)
3 - Arrows that "regen" over time (11:00)
4 - I bet that regardless of player choice, things will go in the same way(14:46)

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't worry guys , here Good news guys. Everyone is Pansexual in Veilguard. Now that's what i called:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:
https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon...want-will-include-nudity-it-gets-pretty-spicy

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Romance Details Revealed, Including Confirmation That All Companions Will be Pansexual​

"Of course, we are an M-rated game. We do have nudity."​

Alex Stedman Avatar

BY ALEX STEDMAN

POSTED: JUN 11, 2024 12:00 PM

Previously, BioWare general manager Gary McKay told IGN in an interview that Dragon Age: The Veilguard will allow you to "romance the companions you want," sparking speculation that the fourth game in the series would be making a change to the way romances were handled in previous entries.

Now, in a new interview with The Veilguard game director Corinne Busche, we've confirmed that yes, you will be able to romance any companion you want, regardless of your character's gender or race. It's a bit of a surprise for fans, considering that in previous Dragon Age games (excluding Dragon Age II), the romanceable characters had different sexual orientations. Some were pansexual, sure, but others were heterosexual, others were only attracted to the same sex, and some could only be romanced if you were a certain race (Dragon Age: Inquisition's Solas, for example, could only be romanced by female elves).
But Busche pushes back on the idea that The Veilguard's companions are "playersexual," a term used to describe games where NPCs are specifically only attracted to the player character. She says she's seen playersexual "done in a number of games," and "it can be really off-putting where these characters are adapting to who you, the player, are."
"It's not until the later parts of the game where you really commit to romance and it gets pretty spicy.

Rather, Busche insists that they're all specifically pansexual, and that might come through in what you learn about their backstories.
"Their past experiences or partners, they'll reference them and indeed who they'll become romantic with," Busche tells IGN. "For instance, we saw Harding. I might be playing a straight male character flirting with her, but I choose not to pursue a romance. She might get together with Taash. So my perception, my identity has no bearing on their identities and that comes through really strongly."
When asked if that means it won't take long for romance to become an option in The Veilguard, Busche confirms that you'll be able to start flirting with everyone pretty early, as you recruit all seven companions throughout the first act. But, she clarifies, "it's not until the later parts of the game where you really commit to romance and it gets pretty spicy."
Lace Harding, who appeared in Dragon Age: Inquisition, will be one of the romanceable companions in The Veilguard. LACE HARDING, WHO APPEARED IN DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION, WILL BE ONE OF THE ROMANCEABLE COMPANIONS IN THE VEILGUARD.

Speaking of spicy...​

Of course, Dragon Age: The Veilguard is a BioWare game, and games from the studio — specifically those in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series — are known to have some fairly explicit sex scenes. Busche confirms that The Veilguard will be no different, particularly towards the end of the game: "Of course, we are an M-rated game," she says. "We do have nudity."
There's also some obvious parallels to be made between The Veilguard and last year's critical darling Baldur's Gate 3. The latter became known not only for its deep romances (like The Veilguard, Baldur's Gate 3 player characters can romance any companion regardless of gender or race), but also for its sex scenes, including one involving a Wild-Shaping Druid that went pretty viral.
Busche isn't afraid to admit that she has played Baldur's Gate 3, and loved it, as she's an "an RPG fan through and through": "The more character-driven party-based RPGs with deep emotional connection, the better."
"Just like real life, our companions have such diverse personalities. Some of them are more physical, more aggressive.

"What I love about the two games is I think they live side by side in a really interesting way," she continues. "They're very different games, but those emotional connections and how the narratives hook you, I think there's space for both."
Specifically in regards to the sex scenes and how The Veilguard will handle theirs differently, Busche says some of Baldur's Gate 3's scenes were "shocking and comical in some ways, and I would say I loved that."
"Our companions, we want them to be relatable and fully realized. So they can get spicy, but in a way that I think people will actually relate to," she says.

Dragon Age: The Veilguard Screenshots​

dragon-age-d3c1f5a5a18b33bbf955-1536x864-1717959054060.jpg

dragon-age-the-veilguard-official-reveal-trailer-xbox-games-showcase-2024-1-17-screenshot-1717965427124.png

48 IMAGES
dragon-age-the-veilguard-official-reveal-trailer-xbox-games-showcase-2024-0-34-screenshot-1717965427117.png
dragon-age-the-veilguard-official-reveal-trailer-xbox-games-showcase-2024-1-54-screenshot-1717965427126.png
dragon-age-the-veilguard-official-reveal-trailer-xbox-games-showcase-2024-1-46-screenshot-1717965427125.png
dragon-age-the-veilguard-official-reveal-trailer-xbox-games-showcase-2024-1-27-screenshot-1717965427125.png

Basically: no bear sex. Busche goes on to say that how sexually explicit the scenes are, too, will vary between characters.
"Some of them are more spicy than others," she reveals. "Just like real life, our companions have such diverse personalities. Some of them are more physical, more aggressive, and some of them are more... we have a gentleman necromancer, for instance, that is more intimate and sensual."
Our interview with Busche comes as BioWare continues to roll out information about the highly anticipated Dragon Age sequel, with a cinematic trailer having dropped at the Xbox Showcase over the weekend. Dragon Age: The Veilguard will debut sometime this fall.
I hate larian and its influence bg3 will go down as the worst thing to happen to crpgs
Inqusition was already degenerate enough, even without Larian this was expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom