Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Ryzer

Arcane
it begins
GQDZtjOX0AAKPxA
The monster on the left is hideous even for BioWare standards. What kind of demonic creature is he?
Swen

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
What reddit cares about:

View attachment 51045

:bioware:

No money to even confirm photo mode lolololol.
"rook 6 backgrounds! many important!"
game, literally: "nigga, you are local - where should we go?" "yes, but akshyully no"
And I will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy background reactivity. And they will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon them.

Last edited:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If Larian was making this game they would have given you the choice to be Tevinter loyalist aligned. They would have given you the choice to be Traditional Qunari aligned.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not only that, they would have given you the choice to kill introduced degenerate characters on the spot. As well as sneak on Solas before cinematics show up and shove a knife up his ass which will result in unique dialogue!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
All positives, but also indicative that EA believes this will flop hard no matter what, so the budget was kept moderate.
I was questioned the top stuff in that list as well. EA was mandating some sort of mutliplayer for nearly everything a few years ago. Either they've figured something out that this was a waste of resources and money because it won't be a selling point anyway, or they don't think BioWare is currently capable of doing this, or they're keeping the budget tight. Without multiplayer, there's not a huge amount of point in microtransactins.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
And I will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy background reactivity. And they will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon themu.
Shame that the backgrounds are so very meh.
My fury is more general. It pertains to any sins against reactivity. Backgrounds are just DA4s most visible example at this moment.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I can't believe that they're not allowing blood magic in a game set in Tevinter, what were they thinking? Apparently they're going to shoehorn in some bullshit reason why the protagonist can't use it but whatever the justification is it's still getting rid of something that's interesting and characteristic of their setting. Why do they hate their own world so much?

Semiurge

Cipher
I can't believe that they're not allowing blood magic in a game set in Tevinter, what were they thinking? Apparently they're going to shoehorn in some bullshit reason why the protagonist can't use it but whatever the justification is it's still getting rid of something that's interesting and characteristic of their setting. Why do they hate their own world so much?

Blood magic is like nigger violence. All mages are the good guys now, so blood magic will be quietly written out of the lore. They will claim it was only used in the past by mentally unstable fanatics.

Oberon

Learned

Blood magic is like nigger violence. All mages are the good guys now, so blood magic will be quietly written out of the lore. They will claim it was only used in the past by mentally unstable fanatics.
Blood magic has been deboonked by science.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

"Blood magic" It's literally just an HIV metaphor. This is BioWare fellas.

Vatnik Wumao

"Blood magic" It's literally just an HIV metaphor. This is BioWare fellas.
Those mages should've practiced safe casting))

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Blood magic has been deboonked by science.
Fauci says it's fake news and that this kind of magic did not in fact escape from a lab in Wuhan where gain of function research was conducted and that the whole tevinter sacrificing slaves to physically enter the fade is just a conspiracy theory of the utmost fringe lunatics of society. The circle of WEF confirms all the above and adds that mandatory passes will be introduced so that citizens have a way to prove that magic, especially if the bloody type, does not reside in their bodies and do not run the risk of turning into abominations.
Further legislation will be inked to...aid in the persuation attempts towards citizens to take the tranquility needle, a revolutionary new technology that prevents the catching and transmission of magic between individuals, as well as putting the minds of conscious, selfless people at ease. Of the extreme kind.

Silverfish

Arbiter
"You can nap in the lighthouse"

560b50d469881e006483bfb621926a4f.jpg

"Tell me, what's a casteless dwarf want with being an inquisitor?"

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they will present a valid reason for people not using it, like with levitation in Oblivion, it was simply banned and everyone even the villians make sure to follow the law.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom