Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

This series completely abandoned its roots.

This is a DA:O trailer:

Jokes aside, I am actually totally baffled that they reveal their new game with a trailer that's intentionally funny. Even comedy-heavy games like WoW go for the epic, dramatic route in reveal trailers and the light-hearted stuff is sth. that they show later. Because epic stuff simply gets more attention.

I can't believe how a game, produced by a 100+ people development team, supported by Electronic Arts and their market analysis department, is introduced with something like this. What are these people thinking? Why do they have marketing people if that's the result. Every retard should be able to anticipate the hate that this trailer will get.

9ted6

Educated

Jokes aside, I am actually totally baffled that they reveal their new game with a trailer that's intentionally funny. Even comedy-heavy games like WoW go for the epic, dramatic route in reveal trailers and the light-hearted stuff is sth. that they show later. Because epic stuff simply gets more attention.

I can't believe how a game, produced by a 100+ people development team, supported by Electronic Arts and their market analysis department, is introduced with something like this. What are these people thinking? Why do they have marketing people if that's the result. Every retard should be able to anticipate the hate that this trailer will get.

It's because almost everyone still working at Bioware is a diversity hire with no significant prior experience in anything.

The project lead is a self described "queergendermancer" who I think has literally never worked on a single game project before in his life.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You know, I expected something of epic proportions. Shit, but big. And it's all so...small. In addition, the trailer itself seems amateurish. The animations make it seem like it's just a test and not something you're bringing to a trade show. And the characters themselves are something from the trailer of "le veterani Bioware" and not a proper studio with billions of dollars in financial resources.

iI's just a brown fart.
I wasn't. Nu-Bioware is analogous to the NASA that forgot how to put a man on the moon.
This game has probably been reworked more times than Copper Dreams, I'm impressed that it wasn't vaporware and I can't imagine the bugs.

These animations look really bad. I assume we will get Andromeda Plus, only this time there will be no one to defend this game after five years saying: "It was a good game, people just focused on the animations."
I have the most amazing hate boner right now.
I'm practically turgid.

Look, the cope squad has started to normalize opinions lol. Fucking reddit.

View attachment 50744
Do you have a link for that?

Why can't people just make decent games?
Just search the subreddit by new, there's so much cope there's no point in linking it.

Look at this shit. They're already trying to start a low-sodium sub (re: forced positivity shill sub).

View attachment 50745

Get ready for the bots!

Propaganda cannot replace reality.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1717957680528.png

Oberon

Learned

DEI marketing teams. Nobody knows how to do their jobs anymore, and HR's only mission is to amass as many faggots and browns as possible, talent and even competency be damned.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I wonder of they really just don't hire creatives anymore. May be that they just fill teams with diversity consultants and trend chasing shit tier business management types. I find it hard to believe that humans once had the capacity for storytelling and just fucking lost it. Those people who can do it are still out there somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom