Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Again, I'm yet to see any evidence that the game will flop. The numbers that we do have look decent.
I also don't think this steaming turd will flop, regardless of dozens of grifters poking fun at it on youtube.

Codex cocoon/bubble seems to underestimate how the severerity of average consoomer retardation has progressed during last 2-3 years.

I would've agreed, but the recent string of disasters over the last year or two cannot have been good for BioWare's hopes.

Even the mainstream is tired of activist corporate media. The reason is simple: nobody wants morality dictated to them by megacorps.

We'll see real soon how sales do.

thesecret1

Arcane
Again, I'm yet to see any evidence that the game will flop. The numbers that we do have look decent.
I also don't think this steaming turd will flop, regardless of dozens of grifters poking fun at it on youtube.

Codex cocoon/bubble seems to underestimate how the severerity of average consoomer retardation has progressed during last 2-3 years.

I would've agreed, but the recent string of disasters over the last year or two cannot have been good for BioWare's hopes.

Even the mainstream is tired of activist corporate media. The reason is simple: nobody wants morality dictated to them by megacorps.

We'll see real soon how sales do.
Normalfags have never really minded moral preaching before. The core cause of all these flops is not that they're woke, but that they're SHIT (though that is kinda caused by them being woke). Everything indicates that this game will be no exception.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Dont give attention to this guy, he is one of the rare cases were someone is actually a grifter. Some leftie youtube channel uncovered old posts and videos of his and he was shilling for Ubisoft and Microsoft and saying stuff like he loves black people in games and things like that. He created this persona when his last channel died.
Some leftie youtube channel said so eh?

lol...

Yeah he called this out 2 days ago in a video.

Elttharion

Learned
Dont give attention to this guy, he is one of the rare cases were someone is actually a grifter. Some leftie youtube channel uncovered old posts and videos of his and he was shilling for Ubisoft and Microsoft and saying stuff like he loves black people in games and things like that. He created this persona when his last channel died.
Some leftie youtube channel said so eh?

lol...

Yeah he called this out 2 days ago in a video.

Wacth the video and make your own conclusions. A dude who says 'I dont want to be political', 'My favorite game of 2022 is Deathloop (the negro game) and second favorite is Halo Infinite', 'I love Skull and Bones and Watch Dogs 2 (both UBI DEIfied slop)', 'I couldnt put Rage 2 down' etc and less than 4 months later he goes into a 'gas all homos' rant and 'all modern games are gay', yeah, I am gonna be suspicious.

He also purged his old channel when he was called out.

Hedasd

Literate
People are blinded by wokeness and shit on the game without having played it.
It looks good as the gameplay seems inspired by persona, especially how the menus appear during combat.
The graphics and the setting also look good.
And it's not open world slop like the third game.
I'm optimistic about this despite their admittedly bad marketing turning potential customers away.
Im a fan of Dragon Age series, even liked Inquisition a lot after some light modding and forcing myself to ignore certain things yet I opened an account here just to shit on this game and its developers. That should tell you enough. Also if you think gameplay looks good after watching 30 seconds of actual footage, my English knowledge isnt enough to properly describe my feelings towards you.

"Numbers that we do have" are actually telling quite the opposite. Even now with a month before release, Vileguard has fallen back to #118 on Steam and isnt even in top 10 on PSN pre-orders list(Suicide Squad was at top a month before its release, even Concord was in top 5). Im very pessimistic about its sale numbers because I believe it will be regarded "successful" by some made-up metric but Im still holding onto the hope that it will be a huge commercial failure, much much worse than Anthem. Because Anthem was a big financial failure even with more than 5 million copies sold, considering the fact that this Dragon Age game was in active development for at least 7 years(2017-2024), Im hoping even 10 million sales wont be enough to save Bioware and EA decides to not even wait until upcoming Mass Effect game and just fires everyone.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Regarding David Gaider, man, what a faggot. Who the fuck denigrates critique from customers like that by saying: you're just a tourist. In any other industry someone doing that would result in them getting fired or, worse, your company will lose sales, hard. Yet, for some reason, game developers are able to constantly belittle their customers - what a fucked up industry.
Well, my theory is that because they have their backs covered (they receive money to exist) they don't care about making good games. They just care about pushing the agenda. Normally, a company would care about profits and profits come from customers and would refrain from attacking or insulting in any way, their customers. Which brings me to the next point.
Insults. And attacks. These people are not gamers. This industry is populated by suits at the top and devs desperate for jobs or women/trannies hired because diversity requirements. None of these people are gamers. They didn't grow up playing video games. Their hobbies don't include videogames. To the point where a number of them literally coming out and saying they hate games and gamers. Some cases with a writer chick saying that and that other SBI dude/thing saying he wants to burn the industry to the ground.
Now here's the thing: the fans are not gamers either. My theory is that they're movie watchers. They're shallow, superficial and they chase trends.
Back when video games came out they made fun of nerds playing them. Now they are playing as well but for different reasons: trend chasing, shilling, streaming, status etc.
They are the main audience for these movie games or bad, woke games in general.
Did you notice that in the vast majority of cases, reviewers don't talk about gameplay and when they do, they don't talk about the mechanics or go in depth on them? They only focus on story, characters, voice acting, animations, music etc. All of these are movie qualities.
Have you also noticed that in arguments, when actual gamers talk or obsess over certain mechanics or features, the fake fans at some point call them nerds? The same exact insult they used to thtow back when games were in their infancy, so to speak. They out themselves easily. So the modern audience is comprised of very few gamers, a lot of activists for various political and social subjects, shills which are just doing their marketing job, useful idiots who eat shit and order double, trannies (IDK how many there are but there seems to be quite a few which is weird because for them not being able to reproduce they sure multiply) and movie goers who play games for completely different reasons than gamers do.
The gaming industry is dead and the crash/collapse cannoy come soon enough.
Describes Sony's "cinematic" games quite well (Last of Us, God of War). GoW2 practically gives aways the solutions to their puzzles as their target audience was complaining about the puzzles being too difficult in the first game.

And how did Baldur's Gate 3 get to be so huge last year? Going after that same audience...

I played two games that were worked on by SBI: The Crew Motorfest and Mortal Kombat 1. The amount of 'cringe' in both games combined is not even close to what you see in BG3 lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom