Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I don't have an issue with a character having a peg leg but there better be a good backstory to it.
I guarantee you hers will be something along the lines of "EVIL WHITE MALES cut off my leg when I was a SLAVE in Tevinter" or something

We already know the peg leg exists for virtue signal points. Just like the top scars option. It's very obvious what the devs are doing with this game and none of the representation is authentic.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1728063565645.png

Semiurge

Cipher
We already know the peg leg exists for virtue signal points. Just like the top scars option. It's very obvious what the devs are doing with this game and none of the representation is authentic.

Yeah, think about the party members from the romances point - the only white woman for a hetero Rook is a dwarf, and the only white man is old. Everyone else is different levels of mutt-coded, or honest to god POC (Taash with "her" negroid facial features and the literal black elf).

In this industry every sound idea is bounced back and forth between multiple creatives, as many times as it takes for the idea to become palatable to the most zealoted of activist developers. A former Concord dev already admitted that it was impossible for the creatives to get their "sexier" character designs implemented as is, they always got watered down and made more andro along the way. Every troon dev loves an androgynous female character because they're unthreatening.

Narax

Learned

The view on indulging lusts with a member of the same gender varies from land to land. In Tevinter, it is considered selfish and deviant behavior among nobles, but actively encouraged with favored slaves. Nowhere is it forbidden, and sex of any kind is only considered worthy of judgment when taken to awful excess or performed in the public eye.
They wanted both the homo persecution story and the rainbow utopia setting.
If homosexuality is not forbidden anywhere in thedas why did they feel the need to highlight that fact, it's like the devs are trying to tell the players "look even a fantasy setting is more tolerant than the real world!"

Stella Brando

Arcane
They're describing it in a woke way, but lore-wise it never made much sense that the protagonist could be a blood mage going around casting blood magic in the streets. They're not erasing it from the lore, just not letting you be one.

The strongest game dealing with this stuff was Baldur's Gate 2, which actually had mage-cops.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's just as I said before. A decade passed since Cisquisition, therefore by Godex standards it is now oldschool and good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom