Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
This can't be. They restarted DA4 in 2017. No way they could make it this year with pandemic going on.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
This can't be. They restarted DA4 in 2017. No way they could make it this year with pandemic going on.

They made Dragon Age 2 in like a year, per EA's demands, so never underestimate corporate insistence.

DAII was released faster because it only had the human protagonist. I believe that DA:I's development was extended by a year to allow for Dwarven, Elven and Qunari PCs. If they go the "human only" (and especially male only) route they could probably shit it out in 3 years without much effort.

It really depends on scale - a lot of the bigger games that were in development hell this last gen were like that because people weren't really working with a strong vision and kind of just meandering around prototyping shit and testing things and not really knowing what to do, right up until the brass pulls the plug and you have to glue a bunch of stuff together and put it on the marketplace.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm just saying EA could absolutely have told Bioware to get a Dragon Age game out in 3 years, since they already had them do it in 1 year before. Whether they actually did that, who the fuck knows.

it's not like they started totally from the beginning, most likely they used the previous concept art , assets and recycled them but just reworked some of the quest lines and some gameplay concepts to introduce monetization features.

aweigh

Arcane
i hope the women keep their thigh gaps.

you could drive a truck through Cassandra and Sera's thigh gaps, and in the end that's really all th at matters ^_^
Cassandra-thigh-gap.png

Xeon

Augur
I kinda enjoyed it. Some of the areas are pretty amazing to go thru and see the difference between DAO and DAI.

The most I disliked are the controls for M+K iirc. Quests are kinda MMOish for the most part.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it worth Dragon Age Inquisition gay of the year edition at 9.99€?
I liked the first episode.

it's p much a single player mmo. if you like mmos and mmo-like tasks (IE:run around an open world and collect 20 herbs) it'll be right up your alley.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So... does anybody even like Varric? BioWare's so hellbent on making him the legacy character or whatever, but he's lame as fuck.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I loved him in DA2, he kinda lost most of his charm in DAI.

Fair enough. D:AI gave all the companions MMO-type questlines. I don't remember any of them even though I'm sure I did most of their loyalty quests.

I remember the elf rogue being annoying as fuck and Iron Bull being gay, that's about it.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, Sera was insufferable. I mostly stuck with the default 3 and replaced 1 depending on quests if needed them or something. They weren't that great but I did kinda like and hate Solas for the most part.

I hope we get the option to kill him in the next game, would get a massive negative if we weren't allowed to kill him if we are given a choice on how to deal with him.

Riel

Arcane

it's p much a single player mmo. if you like mmos and mmo-like tasks (IE:run around an open world and collect 20 herbs) it'll be right up your alley.

On the other hand main plot was serviceable which is like two / three levels above usual bioturd and Solas pretty amazing.

Durian Eater

Learned
So... does anybody even like Varric? BioWare's so hellbent on making him the legacy character or whatever, but he's lame as fuck.
Varric apparently being intended as a really cool dude is one of the many reasons why DA2 writing is entertainingly bad - rather than just tediously bad like DA:I.

RepHope

Savant
Apparently yes. He and Garrus are the mandated sycophants Biowoke puts in so their mentally ill fanbase can have the mandatory “bro” who just tells you how awesome you are. If you’re not into that he won’t do anything for you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh maybe,i would recommend trying the high seas tho :). Still it is not that bad if you could enjoy a mindless time waster games. If you look for a good writing or hard tactical combat....no. It has a lot of exploration and collectable things. The main quest is very short and retarded,really bad on all levels. There are enough decent companions to make a perma party so that is fine,i guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom