Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This is the best one yet.

Also it's hilarious that pretty much everybody is clearly using the same female preset face. That's the one major complaint I have about the creator. All those presets and we only get ONE attractive face.

Anonona

Learned
Also it's hilarious that pretty much everybody is clearly using the same female preset face
I don't know, I have been experimenting with multiple bases and a lot of them you can change to look very pretty, the creator is more flexible than it looks. Certain faces of course aren't salvageable, particularly those with more extreme facial features, but I tried like 5-6 different females bases and got at least decent looking women.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also it's hilarious that pretty much everybody is clearly using the same female preset face
I don't know, I have been experimenting with multiple bases and a lot of them you can change to look very pretty, the creator is more flexible than it looks. Certain faces of course aren't salvageable, particularly those with more extreme facial features, but I tried like 5-6 different females bases and got at least decent looking women.

What I like is even if you're artistically impaired like me, you can get something decent looking without much effort just by picking the base and then the refinements off the base, before dicking around with any sliders and even the mock ups I posted here today each took me like 10 minutes or something. It's more user friendly than a lot of other similar customization tools in games, and has results that look better than many of them as well. (Assuming they don't look like total dog shit in game, which remains to be seen.)

Crayll

Liturgist
It's more user friendly than a lot of other similar customization tools in games, and has results that look better than many of them as well. (Assuming they don't look like total dog shit in game, which remains to be seen.)
Oh, rest assured, you'll spend an hour making the perfect Arisen and pawns only for them to look like complete prosper abominations the minute you leave the character creator.

mediocrepoet

Patron
It's more user friendly than a lot of other similar customization tools in games, and has results that look better than many of them as well. (Assuming they don't look like total dog shit in game, which remains to be seen.)
Oh, rest assured, you'll spend an hour making the perfect Arisen and pawns only for them to look like complete prosper abominations the minute you leave the character creator.
Well, that is the industry standard.

Nathrandir

Novice
The character creator seems more than serviceable for my chosen vocation of Elven Harem Master.

HX10wXN.jpeg

Anonona

Learned
you can get something decent looking without much effort just by picking the base and then the refinements off the base
Yeah, seeing how weird character look in other RE engine games, the DD creator is actually surprisingly good at making good looking characters. Even some of the women used as stand ins for each vocations that I posted earlier look pretty good.

Even if they are not very good, I think these examples display how much the end result can differ from the base even if I didn't change their facial features that much. (Also ignore that both final results look so similar, I'm still trying to decide how my pawn will look)

DD-female-Base-1.png
Female-DD1.png

DD-female-Base-2.png
Female-DD2.png

Mortmal

Arcane
They could have made the presets pretty by default. When it looks like this, there's always a reason, and it's not an innocent choice.

Anonona

Learned
When it looks like this, there's always a reason, and it's not an innocent choice
If I were to play devils advocate, there is the possibility that they both wanted to cover the widest ranges of faces, as there are presets for different races and ages, and because the RE engine seems to work mostly by scanning real faces and then modifying them, those may be just random people took as models.

But frankly, I'm with you in this, sadly Capcom has been "compromised" for a while now. Not as bad as other companies, but is clear they are not free of guilt.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Every time I enter this thread I awake with a tremendous sense of optimism and confidence in my characters' and their future. I obviously created the most masculine battle-hardened male worthy of weilding the great sword. And I put together the best pair of ass cheeks and thick thighs on my archer babe. I am so PROUD of my accomplishments.

The recreations of Arnold don't count. As far as original shit goes mine have been AAA.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
fake red from a bottle look
Redhead means Redhead dammit, not approximately red-coloured-head.
Redhead means natural redhead, not danger hair, you closet degenerates!
Now I'm confused. Isn't natural red, like, you know, red? Or did you gringos screw up the naming convention?
Yeah, no, natural red isn't that saturated. It's not like natural blonde, it looks a lot browner. I have a sister that is a proper redhead, freckles and all. It's more orangey then red.

Here; you can see the difference between the dyejob and natural 'red'.

Whatever Happened To Carrot Top?

mediocrepoet

Patron
fake red from a bottle look
Redhead means Redhead dammit, not approximately red-coloured-head.
Redhead means natural redhead, not danger hair, you closet degenerates!
Now I'm confused. Isn't natural red, like, you know, red? Or did you gringos screw up the naming convention?
Yeah, no, natural red isn't that saturated. It's not like natural blonde, it looks a lot browner. I have a sister that is a proper redhead, freckles and all. It's more orangey then red.

Here; you can see the difference between the dyejob and natural 'red'.

Whatever Happened To Carrot Top?
That and my pawn above was based on (a bit dark but really) Annie, arguably one of the most iconic redheads. Maybe not hot, but neither is Carrot Top. :lol:

You basically get various shades of reddish blonde or reddish brown. Darker shades tend to get called auburn and true gingers are often more orange like Annie or strawberry blonde.

Annie movie.jpg

About as actual red as you get naturally is like the kid who played Ron Weasley or young Nicole Kidman, etc. not whatever AI abomination Mortmal cooked up above.

Ron_Weasley.jpg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Fuckin mongoloids. Sabrina Maree is a redhead and it would be easy to create her. I'd be the first to do it if I had the talent.

I'd attempt Nikki Rhodes first because she is 100% natural from top to bottom. I'm not horny at all.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Forget I mentioned Sabrina. She's a fake redhead. Nikki at one point had a full blown fire crotch. The type you could use to floss your teeth with and keep a few of her pubes in your teeth on the way to work. Nikki is the type of redheaded angel every man longs for.

But she shaved it for some ungodly reason
:negative:

Suicidal

Arcane
Playing through BBI right now and I really hope DD2 has some optional dungeon crawler content like this, or at least something like Everfall but more finished. Would be cool if it's some big mega dungeon you can progress through parallel with the main story quests.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Playing through BBI right now and I really hope DD2 has some optional dungeon crawler content like this, or at least something like Everfall but more finished. Would be cool if it's some big mega dungeon you can progress through parallel with the main story quests.
Look at the director bro. He's up there with a small handfull of legends. I expect much greater than BBI. Anything less than BBI will be a disaster but it's Itsuno. Won't happen.

kalash19

Novice
DD2 is going to be more party based than the first game, that removes the hype from me for this game completely. Because...

In the first game, hybird class is one of things that make the combat so much fun, for example: you play as an assassin and fight an cyclopes with helmet, your arrow cant go through his helm, so you have to climb to his head to force him remove the helmet , that is what i call true versatility in dynamic combat gameplay.
And now, they remove hybird classes, remove the melee weapon from archer class to make them more unique, but actually sounds more boring and just like the dragon dogma online MMO.

Suicidal

Arcane
Look at the director bro. He's up there with a small handfull of legends. I expect much greater than BBI. Anything less than BBI will be a disaster but it's Itsuno. Won't happen.
BBI was added later in the expansion (or was it a re-release?) so I don't expect something of this magnitude to be in DD2 right away. BBI feels like an entirely different game inside DD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom