Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Frigor is actually useful now as platform.. neat.

abija

Prophet
This isn't BG3, where everyone loves it and western devs are crying that it's impossible for them to produce the same content. This is a game being released with a ton of performance issues, missing features and microtransactions snuck in at the last minute.

Ton of performance issues needs to be put in context. On a 4-5 yr old decent pc the game runs better than most console releases. Bloodborne is one of the games that moved consoles and ran worse than this game does in the so called unplayable cities.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I've used the fighter's shield throw to get a few Pawns into hard to get places. I even used one to throw my pawn over the top of a barricaded door, and she then smashed it open so the party could get in there. Pretty nifty. Though sometimes the pawns dick around and stare at the chest as if I had some other reason to loft them to that spot.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've used the fighter's shield throw to get a few Pawns into hard to get places. I even used one to throw my pawn over the top of a barricaded door, and she then smashed it open so the party could get in there. Pretty nifty. Though sometimes the pawns dick around and stare at the chest as if I had some other reason to loft them to that spot.
Yeah, in my case, my main pawn has it and usually if I stand in place and look where I want to go, he'll set it up. Sometimes takes a bit.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I was standing in the town square, minding my business, when I heard a might roar, and beheld a Cyclops waltzing in and fighting the guards. I can't tell if it was intended emergent gameplay, or if the spawn script fucked up.

I don't think it really matters, since it was such a cool moment.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Ton of performance issues needs to be put in context. On a 4-5 yr old decent pc the game runs better than most console releases. Bloodborne is one of the games that moved consoles and ran worse than this game does in the so called unplayable cities.
Truth, these "issues" are rather petty. It's painful to watch this beautiful gift get dragged through the muck by fuming retards. This must have been what it felt like to watch Jesus get whipped and crucified. We don't deserve this game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I was standing in the town square, minding my business, when I heard a might roar, and beheld a Cyclops waltzing in and fighting the guards. I can't tell if it was intended emergent gameplay, or if the spawn script fucked up.

I had a troll rampage into the town square.

It even clambered up the city buildings.

D73C790F02CAF5CBCA2661CE7D4A0CEEBFD0A8A7

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

I doubt it was a fuck up. I'm constantly witnessing unexpected events similar to this.

sser

Arcane
Developer
My performance is only bad in the cities and I just stopped noticing after awhile anyway. Not that it's any excuse, of course. They'll probably fix it anyway. The MTX are bonkers. Definitely some Japanese madman in the offices got the wrong idea about how to do those and I have to imagine it did way more damage than revenue earned by a huge sum.

Oracscube

Formerly known as Oracsbox
Patron
I haven't played it seven times yet, but I have put nearly 20 hours into it and I played through the first Dogma many, many, many times.

Aside from the shitty frame rate in Gran Soren Vernthingy ..I'm enjoying the game immensely.

I still haven't done many quests or been to the land of the kitties or seen the Elf city yet.

I do know I was outraged by the 20,000g asking price of the prostitutes in the brothel

Combat is great fun with any vocation I've tried and you can be very tactical with it or just charge around like a looney, even more so than the original
Exploration is rewarded
Quest design is vastly improved

Fashion Dogma is already in full swing and bare assed female pawns with breastplates are becoming increasingly noticeable

Pawns are much more interactive and useful than in DD1, so much so I've turned off the quest helping ones.
Combat wise they can be a real help especially if you pick the right ones to fit your playstyle.

Minor SPOILER story and warning concerning Ferrystones and reading comprehension.
In cases of emergency it can be very useful to have a ferrystone to teleport you out of danger..I made it a priority to get one, however..
I bought mine from the forger, who I assumed was similar to the dude who ran the Black Cat in DD1 and sold standard items, however..
His "Ferristone" was different.. I neither read the description nor noticed the different way it was spelt, because I'm a retard.

I had just beaten a skeleton horde and their SPOILER boss and received a great sorcerer staff as a reward, twice as powerful as the one I owned.
Unfortunately I was close to death, but thankfully a campsite was nearby..
Then I realised I had accidentally left my camping gear in storage (for reasons that still escape me) so I had no choice but to try and get to a nearby safe town or village.
Sooooo I started back and it was then that my lamp ran out of oil and in the pitch black I walked slowly, overburdened with loot along a dangerous road I couldn't see.

An ogre jumped out from behind a ruined tower which scared the shit out of me and I had no choice but to run, hoping I would soon run out of his boundary, instead I ran into bandits waiting further up the road..and ran past them into the woods, where a wolf pack was playing..they all began fighting each other and unfortunately me and my sexy pawns.
Half dead and unable to see who was where or doing what..I bravely ordered my pawns to stay and fight, while I ran away once more and when I say run, I mean constantly fall over exhausted, because I'm carrying too much.
..as the screams of the dying pawns sounded in my ears, I knew it was time and pulled out my expensive ferrystone and threw it into the air..
..which normally would activate a teleportation beam that would whisk me to safety..but this was a "Ferristone" and instead of "beam me up Scotty" my character just threw it over the rapidly approaching ogres head ..as I waited serenely for death, a previously unseen slime creature rolled over me from behind and sucked out my innards.

I was so stunned by these events and my failure with the ferrystone escape ploy, that I accidentally clicked Restart at last Inn, instead of last checkpoint and erased three hours of gameplay and my new magic staff.

10/10 GOTY

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Stupid Capcom really robbed the chance of this game ever exploding, because despite everything the game is a fkin blast. If it was released with good performance and microtransaction then it would easily reveice bg3 level
Idk if the game would have exploded as much as BG3. I still ask me why it blown up so much.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Started the second “chapter” and made it to Bakbattahl. Bought a house/tossed my portcrystal down, and headed back to the first zone because the foggy patches were bothering me.

Ancient Battleground->Worldsend Cavern->Mountain Shrine->To now pausing for a rest in Misty Marshes has been a great experience. Perfect amount of visual guidance and letting you find hidden things on your own; always leaving you a thread to keep pulling on. Now I only wish I had saved my portcrystal for what will be these damned mountain shrine treks :shittydog:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, a lot of controversy surrounding the launch eh? Glad I waited.

Assuming that performance, DRM, and microtrans issues all get fixed, I still want to play this some day.

My only question at this point for those who've played some: does DD2 have the "stimpak problem" from DD1, where whenever anything is hard, you just open your inventory and drink 100 healing potions with little to no penalty?

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
My only question at this point for those who've played some: does DD2 have the "stimpak problem" from DD1, where whenever anything is hard, you just open your inventory and drink 100 healing potions with little to no penalty?
Sort of, but I find I’d rather not burden myself with those heavier hp items as I’d rather have room for loot. It has a wound system where your max health will slowly go down from damage; forcing you to carry heavy damageable camping gear in your weight-limited inventory, and find a campfire to use it. I’ve heard people saying they were able to chug just as their health was hitting zero and survive, but it didn’t work when I tried that earlier.

(I will say I’ve still neglected getting a third pawn after 18 hours or so, so I’ve been more weight-conscious than other people will be)

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I've heard this may not be shit, is it true?
You asked this already. You're playing Elden Ring on a PS5 right? This can't reach 60fps like Elden Ring but it also doesn't have that weird stutter ER has which is way more annoying to me than DD2's lower framerate. DD2 also looks far better from a technical standpoint. Yes the game is amazing, like your mom's tits.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I've put over 300 hours into Elden Ring and I have never seen a single stutter ever. And I'm playing it on PS4.

Anyway, I'm asking about the gameplay primarily. I'm sure the game will perform fine on a PS5, it's optimized for it, and I'm not a graphics whore.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I've put over 300 hours into Elden Ring and I have never seen a single stutter ever. And I'm playing it on PS4.

Anyway, I'm asking about the gameplay primarily. I'm sure the game will perform fine on a PS5, it's optimized for it, and I'm not a graphics whore.
The game isn't on PS4 so you can't play it.
bill-paxton.gif

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot

The game isn't on PS4 so you can't play it.
bill-paxton.gif
I will get a PS5 eventually. It's only $500 dorrah.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The PS4 loser makes a good point. Somebody should make a separate thread discussing the "technical problems" aka thread for people being too cheap ass to upgrade their PC so those of us who are actually playing the game can enjoy discussing it in peace. All the tech talk is annoying af. Take it somewhere else.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
My archer's outfit is becoming a distraction. I'll be doomed if I come across an Ogre.

:shredder:

Pretty sure God of War was on PC. I'm talking about Codex GOTY, aka the only one that matters.
Didn't realize you were talking about Codex GOTY in which case DD2 has an even lower chance of winning because it's a japanese game :M
Ah shit you're right. We totally didn't just have one win like a year ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom