Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Shrimp

Arbiter
I wonder how common dragonsplague actually is if they feel the need to reduce the frequency of it occurring.
In the 80 or so hours I played the game I've only seen the tutorial notification when I hired a pawn in the rift, but I don't think I ever got to see the symptoms on my pawn.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I wonder how common dragonsplague actually is if they feel the need to reduce the frequency of it occurring.
In the 80 or so hours I played the game I've only seen the tutorial notification when I hired a pawn in the rift, but I don't think I ever got to see the symptoms on my pawn.
My pawn's had aids four times so far, all in the past two days. It seems really common in higher level pawns (above level 70 or so).

Also, it seems only one pawn in the party at a time can have aids, but the infected pawn can change. Once you hear one saying stuff like "I feel full of power, I don't need to rest" or "I feel invincible" or "I feel a great power surging within me" then I'm pretty certain that pawn is infected. If it's a secondary pawn then immediately boot it from the party, if it's your main pawn keep adventuring and resting at campsites until one of the other pawns catches it and then boot them. If the aids won't leave your main pawn, then brine and recover them.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think it may depend on how many drakes you fight and what happens during those fights.

Either way, there's a definite progression to it. I've never seen the glowing eyes, but your pawns start saying weird stuff as it progresses and if it goes far enough, will stop listening to you and even tell you off. It's actually pretty easy to notice if you aren't retarded/are paying attention and it goes down exactly like how the pawns describe in their chatter.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

wtfomg im gonna kill jump off walk into traffic. Dragonsplague was NOT A PROBLEM. I experienced it once in 200 hours and I threw my pawn off a cliff. I knew it. I KNEW IT. I knew the fucking retards would ruin everything!

The signs are so fucking obvious. The pawns were already holding up a giant sign saying "hey master, I feel like killing errybody". It couldn't have been more obvious. Now they are rendering it pointless. It arguably already was. How tf do you make it easier to detect than it already was?

That is all decline. Stupid normie fucks. I want them to die. The real dragonsplague is the whining faggots playing the game.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant

wtfomg im gonna kill jump off walk into traffic. Dragonsplague was NOT A PROBLEM. I experienced it once in 200 hours and I threw my pawn off a cliff. I knew it. I KNEW IT. I knew the fucking retards would ruin everything!

It's not difficult to deal with even if your pawn catches it regularly.

I don't really think reducing its frequency will make much of a difference to me now I think I've solved how it progresses.

Stoned Ape

Savant
One other odd thing I've noticed, if there's nobody around and I pick my pawn up and carry her around my house then after I put her down she blushes and her body language changes. If I do the same thing and there's other people around then this doesn't happen.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

I don't really think reducing its frequency will make much of a difference to me now I think I've solved how it progresses.
The game is ruined. Just as I suspected Crapcom would listen to all the wrong complaints and make the game even more easy. This is why I want a giant meteor to crash into earth.

mediocrepoet

Patron

I was considering letting it progress and wiping out Vermund just to see it.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I don't understand how you can be okay with this. We've all been complaining that the game needs to be more difficult. All those patch notes say is they're making the game less unforgiving. This is a travesty.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I don't understand how you can be okay with this. We've all been complaining that the game needs to be more difficult. All those patch notes say is they're making the game less unforgiving. This is a travesty.
There are a lot of ways to add difficulty and most people are talking about combat.

DragonAIDS isn't so much of a difficulty factor as a minor annoyance and retard filter. If Capcom nerfs it to make things more palatable to mouth breathers and potentially increase ratings and sales, whatever. Maybe it'll actually lead to them properly supporting these titles instead of managing their franchises by jamming their heads up their asses.

As an aside, it's too bad they're making the symptoms more noticeable, it'd be hilarious if having it occur more rarely led to people forgetting about it and accidentally nuking a town due to complacency.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
How do you make the symptoms more obvious? The pawn's personality completely changes + glowing red eyes. Are they going to put a giant arrow above it's head saying "DRAGON AIDS"?

If anything it needed to be more subtle.

mediocrepoet

Patron
How do you make the symptoms more obvious? The pawn's personality completely changes + glowing red eyes. Are they going to put a giant arrow above it's head saying "DRAGON AIDS"?

If anything it needed to be more subtle.
Eyes don't glow at first. I've actually never seen that other than during dragon possession. They could make the pawn's eyes change off the hop though, or have other pawns call them out as having it.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This is only the beginning of the decline. Eventually you wont need campfires, ferrystones will cost much less, and there will be more portcrystals. I fucking knew this shit would happen. They will undo everything that made the game special.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Still no signs of a proper performance patch? I wanna start playing this thing.
Upgrade your PC, bitch, or GTFO.

The issue is everybody has complained about the game being too easy, and the stupid fucks made it easier. I am beyond livid.
Brother, i'm on console and I still get horrible texture pop-in. You can't even turn your camera away for a second and the terrain textures completely unload, sometimes making the whole game look like the original Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) for several seconds. That's not to mention the NPC fade-in as well. In major cities you sometimes have to stand there and wait for the shopkeepers to load.

If they can't get it to run correctly on the platform(s) it was designed to, the problem is with the game.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Still no signs of a proper performance patch? I wanna start playing this thing.
Upgrade your PC, bitch, or GTFO.

The issue is everybody has complained about the game being too easy, and the stupid fucks made it easier. I am beyond livid.

Bitch motherfucker my PC is stronk.
Then you shouldn't have performance issues.

The cities always tank I heard. I'll just keep waiting.

Artyoan

Arbiter
My pawn had the dragonplague one time. She had glowing red eyes which was the only symptom. Weirdly, that went away for a while without her dying. Then returned within a day's time. So I had to brine her. She wasn't disobeying or doing any other random power moves.

So one infection in over 100 hours of play. Hardly needs toned down. But could use some intuitive method of dealing with it beyond killing your own pawn as I don't see why that would make sense from the player's point of view.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Mine got the glowing red eyes but I knew she had it long before then. Their dialogue completely changes. They all say the same exact dialogue all game long until they get it, then they start saying weird shit. It's beyond obvious.

mediocrepoet

Patron
My pawn had the dragonplague one time. She had glowing red eyes which was the only symptom. Weirdly, that went away for a while without her dying. Then returned within a day's time. So I had to brine her. She wasn't disobeying or doing any other random power moves.

So one infection in over 100 hours of play. Hardly needs toned down. But could use some intuitive method of dealing with it beyond killing your own pawn as I don't see why that would make sense from the player's point of view.

I read that bathing in the hot springs can cure it, as well as curatives like heal all or panacea. It seems like it's treated as a status condition that just doesn't show up on the character sheet. I haven't tried any of this and always opted for brine or cliffs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom