Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview DS expansion Q&A at HomeLAN Fed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna

There's an <a href="http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=16241">interview</a> at <a href="http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a> concerning the upcoming expansion pack to <A href="http://www.dungeonsiege.com">Dungeon Siege</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>HomeLAN</b> - What other improvements and additons will be put into the expansion?
<br>
<br>
<b>Ian Davis</b> - We've focused a lot of attention on the UI and AI. Characters are more responsive to their party-mates' situations, and the player will find the additions we made to the control-grouping scheme priceless. In LOA, using the ctrl-groups lets you store not just which slot is active, but which spells are in the active slot. This really opens up quick access to the whole variety of spells for the user!
<br>
<br>
<b>Tara Teich</b> - One of my favorite new features is Redistribute Potions. With the click of a button, your party members run together to share out your potion stash - melee fighters getting the bulk of the health potions, and mages get the mana potions. Right before battle, I always hit the button to make sure everyone will be prepared!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
If they add a <i>move to the nearest monster</i> button, you could play the entire thing by just clicking two buttons. Wouldn't that be fun?

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
One of my favorite new features is Redistribute Potions. With the click of a button, your party members run together to share out your potion stash - melee fighters getting the bulk of the health potions, and mages get the mana potions. Right before battle, I always hit the button to make sure everyone will be prepared!

What about a "win game" button ?

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
what I actually find more irritating then the new features is the excessive use of exclamation points! seems like every freaking dev interview has these now! I guess so that we know how exciting the product will be! which is good because if they didn't I'd have no way of knowing that the game was gonna be great! can't figure that out just by reading the facts!
damn regular vists to this site have substantially improved my crankiness!

Rayt

Liturgist
Eh, I'm not sure what you guys expected, especially if you've played the first one. They're just streamlining the combat, which is what this game is about.

If the guy had said "Well, we just finished codeing the 45,000 lines of multi-pathway dialogues and now we're straightening out the bugs caused by the non-lieair, always evolvoing, living world 10 times the size of Morrowind", then I'd be suprised.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Rayt said:
Eh, I'm not sure what you guys expected, especially if you've played the first one. They're just streamlining the combat, which is what this game is about.

If the guy had said "Well, we just finished codeing the 45,000 lines of multi-pathway dialogues and now we're straightening out the bugs caused by the non-lieair, always evolvoing, living world 10 times the size of Morrowind", then I'd be suprised.

if ever there was a game that didn't call out for its combat to be *more* streamlined it is DS.

Rayt

Liturgist
Crazy Tuvok said:
if ever there was a game that didn't call out for its combat to be *more* streamlined it is DS.

Well, I did get cramp in my pointing finger by pressing the "H" key all the time. That should be automated.

:)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
There was an auto-potion script for the game released after it came out, Rayt. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom