Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Duel of Champions

Getting a playset of Pao Cocksu Deathseekers seems to be a worthwhile investment, since those are played all over the field.

I myself am wondering about tournaments. Do I have a chance at winning something with my half-built deck or the competition is too strong?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Decay Spitter = yes. Puppet Master won't help you much on later elos, things get too fast-paced for it unless you're playing a seriously stalling deck.

I agree, shadow image is much more ridiculous than puppet master

and it's not like there are non-stalling negro decks lololo

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it's not like there are non-stalling negro decks lololo

My main deck is necro rush and I'm doing quite well with it.

Getting a playset of Pao Cocksu Deathseekers seems to be a worthwhile investment, since those are played all over the field.

I myself am wondering about tournaments. Do I have a chance at winning something with my half-built deck or the competition is too strong?

You see everything in swiss, honestly. Sometimes you get 3 opponents that have fine-tuned decks, and sometimes you go against people who barely seem to have gotten out of the campaign.

Whatever you do, don't quit your swiss. Swiss matches grant as much winning as other matches, and if you complete the swiss you have a random chance of an Emilio's pack regardless of your placement.

So, any hints on first set building? I started with the necropolis set.
Don't spend ur seals on the 1000 seals box, use it on one of the packs that costs 1200. Also the first expansion is mainly the japcrap faction, so only buy that expansion if you want to be a fish japanese. Other than that buying reinforcement packs (12500 gold things) with your money is good until you have a lot of those. And your choice of undead was smart, although you should stop when you start feeling an IRL attraction to pink and long, hard throbbing things.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, if you guys haven't done so yet, go here: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=38932

and try the codes listed. Might yield you some free cards if some codes still work.

Grunker playing undead, what a surprise :roll:

I don't even know what that means.

EDIT: Also, is the community in this game strangely friendly? Only met very, very few idiots, most people seem nice and polite.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
TH4NK5FBF4N5
5ORRY54TURD4Y
WE-ARE-NO-TROLLS
MMDOC-H4S-THE-B3ST-FANS

Those worked, got free packs, thanks.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
EDIT: Also, is the community in this game strangely friendly? Only met very, very few idiots, most people seem nice and polite.
Most people seem to be friendly or ignore any attempts at communication.

Only recall meeting one asshole in total.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I AM SO FUCKING BUTTHURT :x:x:x

Just had the (almost) best game ever, dude got me down to 2 hp while he still had 20, then I started recovering, got to 1 turn from victory but after using my last card I din't have enough time to press end-turn button, the game assumed I was afk or something and I lost :x:x:x

Untitled.png

Zeriel

Arcane
I got to 1500+ (basically the top 1% of players) without ever spending a cent. The rewards are really generous, and you can now buy individual targeted cards whenever you like. Ultimately it depends on how you feel about CCGs. It's one of the best of the genre, but the genre is not for everyone.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
So is this worth the effort or is money required to get anywhere?

It's not like this questions is the topic for 40% of the thread's posts or something.

Could've answered with a simple yes or no instead of typing a shitty remark on the status of a topic where 40% of the posts revolve around an obscure "altar" which may or may not have anything to do with my question so no, fuck you.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Go fuck yourself with your fucking shitty attitude jesus fucking christ we don't need fucktards like you in the game for fucks sake balls.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So is this worth the effort or is money required to get anywhere?

It's not like this questions is the topic for 40% of the thread's posts or something.

Could've answered with a simple yes or no instead of typing a shitty remark on the status of a topic where 40% of the posts revolve around an obscure "altar" which may or may not have anything to do with my question so no, fuck you.

Very first post:

I haven't spend a cent on the game

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah, I was really surprised how fast I got enough premium currency for a 10 card pack (120 cards). While it may not be enough to build a perfect deck it's more than enough for a good deck/s that will last you a long time.

Zeriel

Arcane
And these days a box (which you'll get by the time you play about a day of finishing all the quests/bonus codes) gives you enough wildcards that you can target buy at least a few of the best cards in the game. It is the most generous TCG I've seen on the market, by far.

Yeah, I've been docing for about three weeks and all I'm missing from a T1 deck is basically a hero card. But I'm in no rush to get it, since I'm doing fine with my current hero, so it's all good.

Zeriel

Arcane
Make sure you do the tutorial quests + bonus codes for free packs before you queue up for normal play. Helps a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom