Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - A Real-time Dungeon Crawler on IndieGoGo

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Sep 7, 2014.

1. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Sorry if it's not clear in the description on indiegogo, i'll tell you then: we could finish the game with almost no funding (until know i used my own money, but can't go for age like this!), so a flexible campaign helps for getting the money faster and also being able to spend more money on useful stuff for the game, and, if we almost reach the first goal, to work full time on it for the keys members of the team. That way, we can release the game sooner with better content.

9000 euros is not a so high goal for a game as ambitious as we want it to be.
    Some guys told us "why you as so little money for such a game?". This not high or low goal, it is just what we need "idealy" to work full time on it in normal conditions.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Hello everyone, i have a good new:
    We are now GREENLIT !!!!
    [​IMG]

from now, i will fully work on the 2 last days on Indiegogo, and remember that there are only two remaining days to get the game at lower price guys :)
    http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom
    Thanks for your support !!!

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  3. Magellan Savant

Magellan
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Congrats Kanda!

^ Top  
  4. KingDinosaurGames King Dinosaur Games Patron Developer

KingDinosaurGames
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Hey we got greenlit right at the same time, Battle Brothers got in too a few days ago. It's a race to full release!

Seriously though this is great news, looking forward to playing this when it's out.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda

^ Top  
  6. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Well done, congrats !!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. HiddenX The Elder Spy Patron

HiddenX
    Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Every Dungeon Master fan should back this. I already did.

kanda If someone pledges more than once will he get a higher perk?
    I think you have to do it manually because Indiegogo has no function for this.

^ Top  
  8. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Well several options, i can refunds the previous pledge, but we'll lost the indiegogo fee, or just pledge what ever you want, and let me know your wish, you'll get it for sure, no worries for that :)
    I have a "special list" for that purpose :)

For the newcomers, one day left for our crowdfunding campaign, still possible to get a digital copy at lower price :
    http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom

Best regards :)

^ Top  
  9. HiddenX The Elder Spy Patron

HiddenX
    Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Okay, I wanna be a hero :) -> 30€ more for you.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    ^ Top  
  10. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Thanks so much :)
    You are now a Hero :) :) :) :)

^ Top  
  11. QuestionMan Unwanted

Unwanted
    I'm impressed with the visual quality of the level design.

Will the game feature green grass/forest outdoor dungeons as well, or only these cold, snowy outdoors?

^ Top  
  12. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Well, not the first game. We hve so low budget, we have to put some limits to our wishes. I really would like, i love games like Ishar.
    but two facts to know:
    - We will be much more ambitious for the second game, we plan a sequel of course, using the Sign of the Moon money we may earn. We plan this from the begining. And yes the second chapter will get much much more environments, outdoors including, with dynamic weather, seasons, day/night cycle. I worked on such features before, and we plan it for the next game. And not only visual, it will impact the gameplay (like handling water level when snow is melting etc.)
    - That's said, there are still few more environments to show Sign of the Moon.

Regards.
    kanda

^ Top  
  13. QuestionMan Unwanted

Unwanted
    Thank you, looking forward to it.

^ Top  
  14. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    It's become quite silent around this game - no news on their homepage / Indiegogo or elsewhere for weeks. Wasn't the (beta?) release planned for December?

^ Top  
  15. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    Hello vonAchdorf,
    Yes we were supposed to release in december if we had raises enough funds. but as we have failed, obviously we had to get some missions (we are freelancers) to feed our families. That's the first thing. Secondly, we also spent some time discussing with a few publishers and private investors , and depending this issue, make proper plans. It was difficult to announce anything to early. We'll make announcements soon with new screenshots. The good new is we could get a bit more funds, and our investor will not steal us et that we totally keep our freedom. the only change is about the mobile version that will be released AFTER the desktop version (one month later probably), that way we won't waste too much time testing too much platforms for the first release. Please, also note that the early access arrives a few weeks later.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Good to hear that the project is making progress and that you guys managed to get additional funding after the less successful indiegogo campaign. I was just wondering, that there weren't any updates on either Facebook, the website or Steam. Releasing no too close to Legend of Grimrock II is probably also a good thing. Good luck with your game, I really like how passionate but also thoughtful you are about it.

^ Top  
  17. kanda Hydro Games Developer

kanda
    I can only agree, it would be better to comunicate early, but we had to wait the discussions / deal to be done. And indeed the game is making progress :) Thanks for your kind words. Stay tuned, news are coming soon.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.