Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Lords extravaganza

Jinxed

Liturgist
Tags: Dungeon Lords; Heuristic Park Inc.

According to <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/">Worthplaying</a>, Dungeon Lords is too cool to be true. Their <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=24525">article</a> is hype central, without neglecting comedy gold moments as it usually is with half assed previews.<blockquote>I gotta tell you folks: this game had me talking to myself. At first glance, it plays a lot like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. You have total control of your hero in an over-the-shoulder third-person perspective. Sidestepping, jumping, strafing - you name it, and it's there. But be warned: the learning curve is pretty steep, and I felt more like a pincushion than a mighty warrior for quite some time. The baddies come at you in hordes, and just when you think you have a second to breathe, here comes another slew of them.
<br>
<br>
Utilizing the tried-and-true WASD movement scheme, Dungeon Lords makes use of movement to enhance combat. No quick "walk up to a monster and just start clicking the right mouse button" here, gang. You better pay attention to each thrust, parry and strike if you want to keep your spleen and various and sundry other organs on the inside of your body. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
There is nothing better in an rpg than 3rd person action camera ala Vampire, which in addition requires extra mouse aiming skills to attack enemies correctly.<br><br><b>Dungeon Lords extravaganza Part 2</b><br><br> If you're still interested in this title, head over to <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com">RPG Vault</a> to get a peek at 6 <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/601/601805p1.html">new screenshots</a>. <br><br>It looks like someone forgot to turn the lights on in that game.
<br>
<br>Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com/">Bluesnews</A>

PennyAnte

Liturgist
Dungeon Snores, Dungeon Bores,
I think I’ve seen it all before.
It’s the same old game,
Just with a new name,
And still we’ll try it, still we’ll still buy it,
And there’ll always be … more of the same.

bgillisp

Scholar
Sounds like they added a rest button (so I have been told), which will help. That way we can skip the night time period where you cannot see at all.

Now, I just wish Wizards and Warriors had included such a feature. Wonder why no one thought to add tihs to the game before? Wizardy 6 - 8 had a rest button, so why was it 'suddenly' removed.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Barghest said:
I'll cut me nackers off before I even contemplate playing this game...

Don't worry I'll save you any harm by playing it on your behalf.

I've set up a PayPal account, where I accept donations for the purchase of said execrable game. I will then play the game in a full Crap Game Proof (tm) vinyl faux-leather bodysuit. Leftover funds will be used for therapy.

So don't hesitate, send donations now!
The Codex will get its review and I'm the one to do it!*

Unfortunately to view the review you will need to borrow my Crap Game Proof (tm) vinyl faux-leather bodysuit. I charge out at $20 an hour.
It'll be worth it, honest.

*Disclaimer: I don't work for the Codex and there is no way in hell they'd really let me do a review of it if I did. I was just being dramatic :wink:

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
This is obvious proof that previwers don't actually play the game when pre/reviewing it. How can they not miss all the fucking bugs that plague this piece of shit?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Naked_Lunch said:
This is obvious proof that previwers don't actually play the game when pre/reviewing it. How can they not miss all the fucking bugs that plague this piece of shit?
Some previewers just treat it as an advertising piece.

He refers to the goblins as "little troll thingies" or something. He obviously never looked at the status bar when playing. Its like he only played it for an hour before writing the preview.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Preview said:
At first glance, it plays a lot like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. You have total control of your hero in an over-the-shoulder third-person perspective. Sidestepping, jumping, strafing - you name it, and it's there.

This is kind of like saying Harbinger plays a lot like Diablo 2. Well, yeah, it's technically true, but one system works and the one that comes later is a very pale impersonation of the first. Unless they release a new demo of Dungeon Lords where the combat is greatly overhauled, I stand by that critique.

Slaytanic

Educated
At first glance, it plays a lot like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. You have total control of your hero in an over-the-shoulder third-person perspective. Sidestepping, jumping, strafing - you name it, and it's there. But be warned: the learning curve is pretty steep, and I felt more like a pincushion than a mighty warrior for quite some time. The baddies come at you in hordes, and just when you think you have a second to breathe, here comes another slew of them.

OMAGAH!!!!!! WTF !! THAT GHAME IS THE BEST EVEAR O !!!!! IMG THE FIRCST ONE TO BUI TIT !!!!! WTF !!!!!
:D

What the FUCK !!! I'd rather play Doom3 while being ass raped by a biker gang called SaTans ungworthy SLUTS Z !!!

Fez

Erudite
I'll donate if I get to see Shagnak in his Crap Game Proof (tm) vinyl faux-leather bodysuit.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:

For example I have found only one(!) bug : if I use 1024x768 resolution, the background colour of panels was magenta.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Fez said:
I'll donate if I get to see Shagnak in his Crap Game Proof (tm) vinyl faux-leather bodysuit.
Oh of course; as a reward for the donation all contributors will get a personalised thank-you card with a picture of myself in said get-up. In lewd poses. With nipple clamps.

So get donating now!!

Deathboy

Liturgist
Shagnak said:
Oh of course; as a reward for the donation all contributors will get a personalised thank-you card with a picture of myself in said get-up. In lewd poses. With nipple clamps.

So get donating now!!

Nipple clamps? do you need anyone to test the multiplayer aspect with?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Deathboy said:
Nipple clamps? do you need anyone to test the multiplayer aspect with?
Yeah, sure, but I'll forego the kinky aspect with you - I hear you're into eating people and I plan to keep all my bits thank you very much. :lol:

However, if you're willing to shell out fer your own copy, then Im certain my missus won't mind if you come over so we can hoox up 4 a weekend of multiplayer madness. Bring yer own booze and fatties to eat of course :wink:

Saran

Scholar
hmmm, the more i think about it the more all of these "New Zealand Pork" ads start to worry me, while i like to do my part in helping with the eradication of fatties, i have to admit that id prefer to solve the buttertroll situation at home before i help Aotearoa.

Ahh, to hell with it,

EAT THE FATTIES!

FEZ FOR POPE!

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Saran said:
hmmm, the more i think about it the more all of these "New Zealand Pork" ads start to worry me
Aye, there is a deep dark secret behind the healthy life style of yer average Kiwi...
:wink:

(i.e. we ship the most unfit ones out as long pork, in order to raise the national average fitness standard ) :lol:

Deathboy

Liturgist
Shagnak said:
(i.e. we ship the most unfit ones out as long pork, in order to raise the national average fitness standard ) :lol:
And we deport the dumb ones to Australia as it raises the average IQ of both countries :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Deathboy said:
Shagnak said:
And we deport the dumb ones to Australia as it raises the average IQ of both countries :D

Oh, fucking *ZING*. He nailed you with that one, Shagnak.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Saint_Proverbius said:
Deathboy said:
Shagnak said:

Oh, fucking *ZING*. He nailed you with that one, Shagnak.
Err...ummm...no...
We were both talking about improving the state of NZ at the expense of other countries...
Deathboy's quote is a common one we Kiwis use to get at the Aussies :) ... all part of the whole Trans-Tasman rivalry thing.

So...err... we are on the same side.
What did you read that as? :?

Fez

Erudite
Aotearoa = New Zealand, basically. They both live in the same country, Saint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom