Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Rats, Iron Tower Studio's Age of Decadence dungeon crawler, officially announced

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Is Dungeon Rats going to be set in the same shitty setting as AoD?

They could at least try not to make it look so awful though.

4lFhkKg.jpg

Do you deny, all other aspects aside, that the game looks visually weak? There's no harm in working on the models and the lighting (everything is a bit too dark) to make the player able to at least see what he is doing.
You want brightly lit dungeons or what? I find the enviroment to be better looking in this than in most AoD shots.

Dedup

Augur
The name sounds like a cross of Dungeon Lords and Bad Rats. If that isn't a recommendation :lol:.

But congrats on the game! It definitely sounds interesting.

This makes me excited for their next game, Bad Lords.

Here's a preliminary screenshot I found of the intro.
SVraCyE.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vault Dweller When you release this, you should put it in a Steam pack/bundle together with Age of Decadence, with the option to buy both together at a discount. That way people looking at AoD's store page will also see it.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure I want to play this, and I suppose VD could have used the ressources into the colony ship game instead of making this. Not sure we needed a AoD dungeon crawler, but alas, I will of course try it :)
This game will bring in the resources necessary to create the Colony Ship RPG. That's why you have to buy Dungeon Rats.

Hyperion

Arcane
Leave the title as is, but make sure nothing too difficult occurs until at least 2 hours in so the casuals can't cry for a refund.

Gotta jack up those sales numbers somehow.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
The gift that keeps on giving.
Best luck for this new project future success, let's hope the combat oriented aspect makes more ppl pay attention and give a try to AoD.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I don't really see anything wrong with the name, so long as it's a subtitle. Like, Age Of Decadence: Dungeon Rats. Makes it more clear that it's a spin-off thing? Maybe more people going "oh i've heard that name" rather than blending in with the 8000 other "dungeon" games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom