Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

v1rus

Arcane
I've been looking for an MMO to play for past couple of months, so perhaps I should give this a go. Played LotRO in the past, and the payment model was quite gewd if i remember well, and since both games are Turbine, the models are either same or quite similar , right?

Two more questions -
2. Are the servers US/EU only?
3. Well this is way less specific, but eh - How do builds work? How much insight/game knowledge does leveling require? If its anything like real DnD 3.5, you take a bad feat/class level/w/e and that's it boy, you are screwed till you make a new character. I doubt the system is that harsh, but still, I really cant be arsed to make a viable build plan for a game I have never played.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I guess we could just decide which server to play on and give it a go for awhile before starting our own guild (which is kind of gay anyway).

v1rus

Arcane
Unless you are autistic about having super optimal build you shouldnt care. If you go pure feat selection should be fairly straight forward. If you tell me what do you want to play i might give few pointers

Doesn't have to be super optimal, just able to do end-game content.

Well, I'd definitely want to play an elf druid as the main. That's pretty much set in stone (unless elf is THAT bad), the rest is quite open. Now, I've read some basics, and as usually, humans are the best choice for everything druids, while elves are rather sub-par it seems. :( Now, my dream 3.5 build always was the classic elf wizard/druid/mystic theurge/arcane hireophant (with the arcane strike feat and that crazy cold hydra wildshape) , but as far as I can see, chances of pulling that one are next to none. Now, since elves have some nice dexterity bonuses in this game, i'd gladly try a druid gish of sorts, if it would work. So, any chance of pulling some idiotic druid/rogue or druid/barbarian or really, druid/anything, multi class? Spells are the priority here, but I'd like to swing teh scimitar more often than not. Also, i don't particularly care about wildshape. Utility wildshape would be nice, but no need for combat forms.

Yes, rather autistic unusual, I know.

v1rus

Arcane
Why druid?

...when it sounds like you really want a ranger.

No fucking idea, tbh. First classic fantasy class I ever heard of. I've been picking druids in everything for 16 years now. Will gladly try something new for the alt/replay of the game, but my mains were always druids :/

And no, I'm no hippy environmentalist vegan. Could care less for that shit. I just like druids :(

Druids were op when they came out. No idea how is it now. Dont think ive ever seen multiclassed one. Everyone wanted to stack those evocation DC for earth quake spell

So, I'm going to be the lone multiclassed lunatic running around. Sounds fun. How much money for the reset now?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So here's what we're going to do. I'm going to put in a support ticket to get Kazon transferred to Argonnessen. He's only 3rd level so grouping up with 1st's won't incur any XP penalties. We'll give it a go and if we don't all wind up bickering the entire time (which is a distinct possibility) we might just wind up having some fun.

Goal is going to be to get everyone leveled up asap while enjoying the ride. luka has a ton of experience in this game and he can craft some cool shit to twink us all out, hopefully.

I'll post on the results of the transfer.

Mustawd

So here's what we're going to do. I'm going to put in a support ticket to get Kazon transferred to Argonnessen. He's only 3rd level so grouping up with 1st's won't incur any XP penalties. We'll give it a go and if we don't all wind up bickering the entire time (which is a distinct possibility) we might just wind up having some fun.

Goal is going to be to get everyone leveled up asap while enjoying the ride. luka has a ton of experience in this game and he can craft some cool shit to twink us all out, hopefully.

I'll post on the results of the transfer.

Sounds good. I'll roll a char.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah I finished up the n00b island already. Don't worry, I'm slow and I won't out-level you guys.

Besides, you can skip it and head straight to the city if you want to, no?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Might as well start posting our own personal schedules so we can get a better idea of playing times. I'm Kwa West Coast, and I'll tend to play on weeknights from 6:30PST (01:30GMT) until something like 10:30PST (05:30GMT). I will on occasion play on weekends as well, but that may be sporadic as I do actually have a life, believe it or not.

v1rus

Arcane
895 TP cheapest one without sale ongoing.

Thats like 10 dollars, right? Not that big of a deal i guess.

Right. Ill give the game a try tomorrow, or the day after it, whenever i finish with work. Hell, even if i keep procrastinating, I'm done by the 19th.

Sounds like a lotta fun, but damn me if the graphics dont look depressing. Like one of those korean mmo clones.

EDIT - also, warforged artificers. Are they as sexy as they sound?

Mustawd

Might as well start posting our own personal schedules so we can get a better idea of playing times. I'm Kwa West Coast, and I'll tend to play on weeknights from 6:30PST (01:30GMT) until something like 10:30PST (05:30GMT). I will on occasion play on weekends as well, but that may be sporadic as I do actually have a life, believe it or not.

I tend to work and go to bed late, so that schedule works for me except for when it gets busy. Even then I might be able to jump on for an hour or two.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom