Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I was thinking on purchase a CON and STR tome to my warlock(he has 8 STR, any spell/trap that damages STR makes him helpless and it is awful) and because my hireling cleric has many times my hp, but since the servers are too unstable, will avoid spending (more) money... A lot of people complain about content behind paywall on DDO but honestly, content behind paywall is far better than ultra nerfed content...

You can get a free +2 tome for 1750 favor and a free +5 tome for 5000 favor. Since favor resets every time you reincarnate it is possible to get +5 tomes for all your stats. Personally, I would ask on DDO forms about what you could do to mitigate those effects before spending money.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Thread about the great crash on DDO Forums.
Also, thank god I didn't waste a lot of time on hardcore.
E7ygr3b.jpg

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Doing a completionist character, sure miss the utility of alchemist and wizard lives now that I'm playing a fighter.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thread about the great crash on DDO Forums.
Also, thank god I didn't waste a lot of time on hardcore.
E7ygr3b.jpg
as someone who plays a lot of roguelikes, there's absolutely no way I'd ever play ironmode/hardcore/whatever in an online game. If I died because of lag I'd lose my shit.

Strongly agree. I NEVER played D2 online on hardcore by this reason. I din't died on hardcore of DDO but created a min max char only for max survivability and was repeating the same quest eternally on lower difficulties. So I was not having any fun.

Anyway, one thing that i particularly don't like about supernatural bloodline on this RPG's(D&D/Pathfinder, not only DDO), is that pick a sorcerer of draconic bloodline or a dragonborn as a playable race, he gets a lot of powerful stuff, resistance to a energy type but no downside. Would be cool if someone of silver draconic bloodline has weakness to fire, someone of undead bloodline, weakness to radiant damage and sunlight sensitivity, someone of abyssal bloodline, a risky to go frenzy and penalty on concentration checks and so on.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Gave up on playing more today, every few hours the servers go down. Afaik it's some Boston internet thing, not specific to DDO.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wanted to throw some money for premium status to remove annoying money limit and get some shit from deep sales but now i don't wanna.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I know, but still. I've started only few weeks ago so it really kills motivation to continue.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I spent $100 on DDO points at the start of this year during a double bonus point sale. I still have a bunch left, but am saving it for buying future content.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I made new character on Thelanis (because of the almost double population), currently lvl 20 Fighter, started doing epic content.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I'm on Sarlona. Though right now I'm leveling up my toon on an alt account in case there are more quests like the Necropolis one that require 4 people.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does dragons on legendary become much more harder? Not only on "stat inflation" but also casting nastier spells, placing dangerous traps on their lair and so on...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I'm too lazy for this shit.
Well, if you want you can get a permanent gold seal hireling from buying the DDO starter pack. And the collector's edition of either Ravenloft or Sharn come with a permanent gold seal heroic level hireling. So with the DDO starter pack and one collectors edition you would have enough hirelings for a party of four.
I recommend waiting until black friday though, since they usually have the expansions and Starter Pack at 50% off during that time. Until then you can just skip the non-raid quests that require four people and just go back to them later on.

Reinhardt

Arcane
They will laugh because i'm looking for help for lvl 5 quest at lvl 12. so no.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom