Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

roll-a-die

Magister
You're assuming I know what that means... Lemme find you in game if you're playing right now, I'll join the guild at least.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Any advice for a chucklefuck trying to figure this game out? I'm on a first life level 6, been playing a solo halfling rogue with the great-crossbow spec right now. And I'm struggling to figure out what content I'm even supposed to be doing...
This guide can help you out. He mentions in the first post that after feedback he would recommend doing Normal difficulty on your first life, Hard on your second, Elite on your Third, and Reaper on your forth. If you want to give his build a try on your second life you can, as I've personally tried the build and it is solid.

Also, joining a guild like Reinhardt's will give you a significant power boost. Guild buffs do a great job of providing extra power. As for learning the game, that will come over time as you familiarize yourself with the content. Youtubers like AlbarDDO and Vodoospyce provide videos that offer lots of help for newbies.

Edit: Here is guide link https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...g-Paladin-18-Rogue-2-for-Free-to-play-players

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Also what fucking server are you folks on?
Argo.
If you are not there and didn't bought any tomes for your character yet starting on argo is not that bad idea. All servers are equally ded anyway. 6 level is not much. You will get all benefits of shitty low level guild but zero responsibilities.

Last edited:

roll-a-die

Magister
Also what fucking server are you folks on?
Argo.
If you are not there and didn't bought any tomes for your character yet starting on argo is not that bad idea. All servers are equally ded anyway. 6 level is not much. You will get all benefits of shitty low level guild but zero responsibilities.
I'll think about it. I've got some stuff on this character I really like. And don't know if I can get again.
Any advice for a chucklefuck trying to figure this game out? I'm on a first life level 6, been playing a solo halfling rogue with the great-crossbow spec right now. And I'm struggling to figure out what content I'm even supposed to be doing...
This guide can help you out. He mentions in the first post that after feedback he would recommend doing Normal difficulty on your first life, Hard on your second, Elite on your Third, and Reaper on your forth. If you want to give his build a try on your second life you can, as I've personally tried the build and it is solid.

Also, joining a guild like Reinhardt's will give you a significant power boost. Guild buffs do a great job of providing extra power. As for learning the game, that will come over time as you familiarize yourself with the content. Youtubers like AlbarDDO and Vodoospyce provide videos that offer lots of help for newbies.
Did you forget to link the guide? Or is the guide somewhere in this thread?

roll-a-die

Magister
Thank you, and it happens to everyone.

As Alex Jones would say...

THE INTERNET CAUSES HOMOSEXUALITY AND THEY CALL IT ADHD! IT'S IN THE GAMMA WAVES!

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'll think about it. I've got some stuff on this character I really like. And don't know if I can get again.

To be honest i doubt you could even get by level 6 something that is really good and hard to get. My only thought is you used anniversary raid coupon for something like sword of shadows on this character? But it's your call. As i said - codexia is very speshul guild. Whatever guild.

roll-a-die

Magister

To be honest i doubt you could even get by level 6 something that is really good and hard to get. My only thought is you used anniversary raid coupon for something like sword of shadows on this character? But it's your call. As i said - codexia is very speshul guild. Whatever guild.
Anniversary Raid coupon on a magic quiver.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Welcome. Codexia stronk!
So basically now you just solo how you want and when you want, but with guild buffs.

Last edited:

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Playing together with someone else really does make a difference.

Yeah, I'm cool with playing with anybody, as long as it's the content of correct level and not like "hey, we're doing r3 on our fourth-life chars". The problem is usually finding a good time for everyone involved and staying on the same level.

And I'm struggling to figure out what content I'm even supposed to be doing...

That's easy, just open this link, pick a level-appropriate pack and find the first quest:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs
The first quest wiki article usually says how to get to the zone from Stormreach. Since you have that free adventures pack, you should have everything except Sharn, Ravenloft and Feywild available. For level 6 it's Three-Barrel Cove, if you like pirates, yarr, and Delera's Tomb if you like undead in the graveyard. White Plume I've missed out on since they give you XP plenty and you tend to outgrow packs quickly. Devil Assault is just stand in one place waiting for waves of mobs to spawn.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait until 10 and charge with barovia xbow prepared. Or if you want earlier - craft anti-undead weapon. When i started doing ranged lives it's first thing i learned - craft new weapons for different levels. Bludgeon and force damage on xbow is good at early levels. Especially if it already have some inbuilt damage penetration like adamantine.

roll-a-die

Magister
I tried to do Delara's tomb awhile ago because people recommended it and because I'm a Gygax fan, it was like right when I hit level 6.

It went about as well as you'd expect. I made my way through the zombies just fine, but there were... I think ghosts or something, that I couldn't damage with my normal arrows on normal hits. I eventually gave up when it dropped me into a room where I couldn't backpedal and kite the fuckers because the doors closed after I grabbed an item.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm level 7 and planning to do first delera quest and necro 1 opening quests later today or tomorrow on elite for bravery bonus(but not reaper - too dark, everyone is resistant to my pew-pew already, closed spaces. fuck reapers). If you are in range we could duo. Imagine TWO useless xbow persons of color instead of one scratching skellingtons to death. What could possibly go wrong.

roll-a-die

Magister
I game very slowly. Like senior citizen slow, so I likely won't be in range in time for that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Don't worry about it. Btw there is good chance i will still be in range later too. It's not like i'm efficient or something.:negative:
If not and it's too hard to solo - just wait for lvl 10 and free anti-undead Barovia weapon - i see you bought expansion. There is enough quests for first life character to not bother about skipping some until later.
Do 3 barrel quests tho - they are good exp + part of saga for even more exp.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I tried to do Delara's tomb awhile ago because people recommended it and because I'm a Gygax fan, it was like right when I hit level 6.

It went about as well as you'd expect. I made my way through the zombies just fine, but there were... I think ghosts or something, that I couldn't damage with my normal arrows on normal hits. I eventually gave up when it dropped me into a room where I couldn't backpedal and kite the fuckers because the doors closed after I grabbed an item.

Ah, you need ghost touch. That bypasses the etheral displacement wraiths and spirits have. There is a level 3 quest called housekeeping (you should have it with the coupon you used) that has a chance to drop a level 3 trinket called the book of spirits that gives you ghost touch on any weapon you equip. Probably the most valuable item for physical weapon users. The highest drop rate for named items is on elite difficulty, so you probably want to wait a bit before considering farming that quest.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Tome of learning is really worth it. 50% bonus for first completion was the difference i was missing.

roll-a-die

Magister
So of the expacks, I have Underdark, Ravenloft, Shadowfell, and am looking in the next few weeks to purchase another one, just because I enjoy knowing I have the content to complete.

From researching, I'm guessing Sharn would be the best one to buy currently? At $40 is it worth it? Or should I wait for it to go on sale/be in the DDO store as just the adventures for less?
EDIT: It's already in the DDO store. Doing the math on cost now.
EDIT2: Only a 7-10 dollar discount if I buy the points for the AP...

EDIT3: I might just buy the expack from the shop, the Tiefling is one of my favorite races...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom