Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After some weeks playing, decided to play DDO again.

In the The Lost Thread

I did the quest multiple times already. I would say that there is like 1/3 of chance of in the exactly end room, nothing happening and I unable to fight the boss. Usually waiting a eternity before killing him can solve such problems but is not always sure. This time, I did the quest on elite. Nothing happened. Did again on hard and :

LpCvOVB.png

Got the same bug twice.

I lost all desire to play DDO after this... I will be back in few days.

Reinhardt

Arcane
After some weeks playing, decided to play DDO again.

In the The Lost Thread

I did the quest multiple times already. I would say that there is like 1/3 of chance of in the exactly end room, nothing happening and I unable to fight the boss. Usually waiting a eternity before killing him can solve such problems but is not always sure. This time, I did the quest on elite. Nothing happened. Did again on hard and :

LpCvOVB.png

Got the same bug twice.

I lost all desire to play DDO after this... I will be back in few days.
never had any problems in it. maybe it's another new fuck up. they are closing broken quests left and right lately.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
never had any problems in it. maybe it's another new fuck up. they are closing broken quests left and right lately.

Looked in wiki

"Possible bug: killing the first group of slaves in the final fight too quickly (such as with an AoE insta-kill ability) may result in the boss never emerging from behind his magical barrier, and the quest becoming incompletable. Allowing enough time for the second set of slaves to emerge seems to avoid this problem.
"https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Lost_Thread

So yes, found the problem. I always start encounters using Dragon's Breath + Maximized Empowered Freezing sphere.

Reinhardt

Arcane
oh, it's pretty common in various quests. DON'T delete encounters before objective to delete it appears. same as killing bosses before enetering boss room.
didn't happen to melee, because, well, you need to enter boss room, but old inquisitive with hunt's end could just delete some bosses with good crit roll and get stuck. like killing reaver in magma must flow before triggering his fight can lead to barrier not being removed. or killing final boss in another eveningstar quest from outside the room.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
oh, it's pretty common in various quests. DON'T delete encounters before objective to delete it appears. same as killing bosses before enetering boss room.
didn't happen to melee, because, well, you need to enter boss room, but old inquisitive with hunt's end could just delete some bosses with good crit roll and get stuck. like killing reaver in magma must flow before triggering his fight can lead to barrier not being removed. or killing final boss in another eveningstar quest from outside the room.
Huh, interesting. I play melee so didn't know this was a thing either.

Reinhardt

Arcane
skipping spies in da house and every other jumping quest this life. shit is completely unplayable for me.

deama

Prophet
skipping spies in da house and every other jumping quest this life. shit is completely unplayable for me.
Jumping stuff and platform stuff is my favourite, but I play as a monk so the feeling you get when you manage to figure out a way to break the platform puzzle is nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom