Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2012: 5th-7th June

A horse of course

Seeing as we're just under one week away from the hardcore old-skool non-linear tactical squad-based RPG event of the year, I thought I'd string together this little list of what's officially confirmed to be showcased (so far):

[Titles confirmed to have no PC release are noted, where possible]

Popamole FPS

ARMA III + DayZ (no idea what DayZ's doing there, maybe just marketing)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (America vs. huehuehue robots)

Halo 4 (360)

Crysis 3

Medal of Honour: Warfighter

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Metro: Last Light (May be withdrawn due to THQ's financial troubles, unclear)

Far Cry 3

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Doom 3: BFG Edition (Doom 3 remastered)

Battlefield 3 MP DLC/XP

Popamole Action

Spec Ops: The Line (Gears of Ghost Recon in post-apoc Dubai)

Star Trek: The Game

Hitman Absolution (Gears of Hitman with cinematic takedowns)

Resident Evil 6 (Gears of Zombies with cinematic takedowns)

Lost Planet 3

Sleeping Dogs (GTA in Hong Kong with martial arts)

Tomb Raider (Gears of QTE)

The Last of Us (Next Big Thing [tm] from Uncharted devs, PS3)

God of War: Ascension (PS3)

Inversions (Gears of I WANT TO BE A GRAVITY GUN, 360/PS3)

Transformers: War for Cybertron (360/PS3, added this but not Amazing Spider-Man since the latter is a direct film tie-in and thus inevitably shit)

Star Wars: 1313 (Gears of Coruscant)

Gears of War: Judgement (Gears of Gears by Bulletstorm/Painkiller devs)

Dead Space 3

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Gears of Splinter Cell)

Lococycle (no idea, 360)

Matter (kinect shit, 360)

Watch_Dogs (Gears of Hackers)

Popamole with swords

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (sic erat scriptum)

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (shitty pc port of a shitty game)

Assassin's Creed 3 (racism)

DmC (Devil May Cry with a gay protagonist)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (360/PS3)

LEGO Lord of the Rings (adding this for the lulz)

Ascend: New Gods (God of Xbox, 360)

Popamole Strategy

X-Com Enemy Unknown (the original game with bugfixes, higher resolutions, remastered graphics and UI and hahahahahaha no I'm just kidding it's the shit one)

Carrier Command: Gaea Missions (Carrier Command re-imagining by ARMA devs)

Eador: Masters of the Broken World (Turn-Based fantasy)

Defence of the Ancients 2

SimCity (Reboot by Maxis, always-online DRM)

Worms Revolution

Company of Heroes 2

Popamole Multipass

Dust 514 (PS3, MMOFPS in EVE Universe)

The Elder Scrolls Online

Neverwinter

Raiderz (Action MMORPG that's like Monster Hunter or something)

Planetside 2

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (Another MMORPG, XP?)

DC Universe Online (XP?)

Everquest 1+2 (no idea what they're doing here)

End of Nations (MMORTS, iirc)

Rift (XP?)

Defiance (MMO Action/Shooter by Rift devs/publisher)

World of Tanks/World of Aeroplanes

Wizardry Online (Japshit MMO of a shit franchise)

Popamole where you play a role (don't give me backtalk, there would be about 2 games here if I used the purists' definition)

Borderlands 2

Divinity Project/Original Sin (by Larian)

Dragon Commander (RTS/Aerial Combat/RPG by Larian)

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Japshit, though level of severity is unclear. PS3 only)

Darksiders 2 (Zelda crossed with Spawn)

Persona 4 Golden (PSVita, Japshit)

TES V: Skyrim - Dawnguard (Twilight with Dragons, 360-exclusive until exactly one month after release)

Dishonoured (hands-on demo booth)

Torchlight 2 (some 3rd-rate Diablo clone)

Popamole beat-'em-up

Persona 4: Arena (PS3/360, Japshit)

Street Fighter x Tekken (PSVita)

Dead or Alive 5 (360/PS3)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (360/PS3)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (DC Universe by Mortal Kombat devs, 360/PS3)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3/Vita)

Popamole Wii U Launch Titles

Pikmin 3

Rayman Legends

Super Mario

Something to do with Zelda

ZombiU (zombie FPS set in london)

Batman: Arkham City - Armo(u)red Edition (1 year old port with some shitty gimmicks)

Scribblenauts Unlimited

A shitload of ports

Popamole I wasn't sure how to categorize

Shootmania (Trackmania franchise FPS that is also an MMO but may be singleplayer too I'm not really sure also it's backed by Ubisoft hurrrrrrr)

Unreal 4 Engine (already shown to journalists at GDC 2012, first real-time footage to be revealed to public)

Quantum Conundrum (physics-based first-person-puzzler)

There are about 20 other officially-confirmed titles, but they're all xbawks live crap, rock band spin-offs, sports franchises, social games or other assorted detritus I couldn't possibly imagine anyone here caring about)

Beyond: Two Souls (QTE-fest from Heavy Rain devs starring Ellen Paige, PS3)

Popamole rumoured/unofficially confirmed to appear

Killzone/Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed/Soul Survivor Vita Editions (PSVita)

The Last Guardian (PS3 vapourware)

Crooked Bee claims that Carmack is working on something for E3, based on an alleged email sent to an alleged fan that I can't find anywhere. Should id showcase anything, be prepared to update your .txts (Since D3BFG is confirmed to be showcased on the floor, I assume that rules out any other games, but will keep this up just in case)

"Project Happiness", by the creator of Harvest Moon, will be unveiled.

Michael Pachter has stated (based on meetings with them) that Microsoft intend to carpet bomb the show with Kinect shovelware and 360 "media hub" nonsense (allegedly including an "Xbox Lite"), so don't expect anything interesting from them. There will be zero chance of any next-gen consoles being announced, although the Wii U will obviously be the centerpiece of Nintendo's slot. There may well be a price drop for either 360 or PS3, though it'll more likely come around October/November. GTA V will almost certainly not appear, as Rockstar prefer to do things on their own schedule (although Pachter says there's an incentive for Rockstar to do something at E3, due to some complicated financial-quarter related stuffies and thingies) Bioshock Immersively Epic has been pushed back a year and will not be shown. The team working on a "major unnamed project" (Dragon Age 3) at Bioware were eviscerated so they could help prop up the sinking TORtanic, therefore Gaider talking about anything not related to ME3 or Star Wars would be a surprise.

In short, it's a good time to be a PC Gamer :troll:

Feel free to let me know if I've missed anything, and I'll update the list.

e3times2012.png

The above only counts for the official press conferences, not GT's exclusive footage.

Bruticis

Divinity Project (by Larian) ->
Divinity: Original Sin

In other news, Larian Studios still can't name games worth a shit.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dishonored?

Also, Carmack's id software seems to be preparing something for this year's E3, although I dunno what.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yawn, its been ages since I cares about E3. Last time when I still read so called gaming magazines.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dishonored?

Also, Carmack's id software seems to be preparing something for this year's E3, although I dunno what.

Got a sauce for id? Unlikely to be Doom 4 since it's supposedly been canned.

No source, just an email Carmack allegedly wrote to someone a couple of weeks ago saying he was "crunching for E3 right now." I'm afraid I can't be more specific; take that for what it's worth.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Nothing there I'm interested in. Diablo 3 was supposed to be my gaming savior and I'm basically left playing in an ocean of my own shit while a limbless naked man using his cock like a propeller zips across the sea of shit and screams "ERROR 37" at me.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I guess I'm mildly interested in Last Light and Warfighter for my molepopping fix. I enjoyed Metro 2033 enough to pay $10 for it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dragon Commander
Dishonoured
...and maybe Carrier Command if it's not total ass.

The rest I really don't give a shit about.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Dishonored?

Got a sauce for id? Unlikely to be Doom 4 since it's supposedly been canned.

No source, just an email Carmack allegedly wrote to someone a couple of weeks ago saying he was "crunching for E3 right now." I'm afraid I can't be more specific; take that for what it's worth.

Ye know too much!

Crooked Bee

Patron
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...lysis-during-spikes-all-access-live-coverage/

Looking for a different perspective on E3 this year? Well, you'll be glad to learn that legendary game designer Peter Molyneux will be joining us for two days of Spike TV's E3 All Access Live coverage to deliver expert insight and veteran analysis on the biggest event in gaming.
Molyneux, the Populous and Fable creator who recently left Lionhead Studios to start up his new indie development studio 22 Cans, will no doubt deliver a unique perspective on the Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, and Ubisoft press conferences while giving his take on the biggest, best, and worst news and announcements that E3 has to offer.
Molyneux will be joining Geoff Keighley and the All Access Live crew (yes, including me…) in our studio as a special correspondent throughout our E3 coverage as we tap him for pre and post press conference predictions/reactions and even turn him loose for demos and interviews throughout the show.
Spike TV's E3 All-Access Live coverage begins Monday, June 4 at 11:30 AM (ET)/ 8:30 AM (PT). More details on our wall-to-wall E3 coverage are coming soon, but for now, feel free to let us know what type of E3 insight you're expecting from Molyneux in the comments section below.

That's just gotta be entertaining.

EDIT. Also, you can add Torchlight II on the list. According to Runic Games' Twitter, they're going to E3.

Astral Rag

Arcane
A selection of E3 1999 titles for comparison's sake:

Thief 2
Omikron
Anachronox
System Shock 2
Dungeon Keeper 2
Shogun Total War
Nox
Drakan Order of the Flame
Pharaoh
Homeworld
Diablo 2
GTA 2
Unreal Tournament
Quake III Arena
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms
Kingpin
Planescape Torment
Soulbringer
Outcast
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Age of Empires 2
Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption

23r90m9.jpg

11w331t.jpg

Deleted member 7219

I thought E3 ended years ago.

E3 used to be good as it was the only way game developers could announce their stuff. Now everyone has the internet. What is E3 good for now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom