Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA working hard to relieve you of your hard earned monies

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's more than that, considering some DLCs are still coming out for this game.

Do you remember when games used to be a product and not a service? This is what's changing in the game community.

Tytus

Arcane
Yeah, they are trying to move onto license model. Where you buy a license for the game and not the actual game. In a few years there is a danger that we'll reach a point where you "buy" a game through an Origin account and you have a limited time for playing it. Let's say you pay 70$ for a game and the title we'll be available in your Origin account for a year. After that it vanishes from you library and if you want to replay it you have to pay more. Let's 30$ this time, because, you know, EA wants to reward you for buying the game before, so they will be good for their consumers not charging the full price again. Almost a charity, this is how benevolent they are.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I think Ubisoft is already doing that. I bought Splinter Cell Conviction in 2011 and I logged into uPlay for the first time in more than a year in November, and the game is just wiped off my profile. No mention of it or anything.

Remember to keep perspective people. The ones to be mad at are the idiot consumers supporting this bullshit. This dude's job is to suck consumers dry of as much money as possible. Idiots paying for XP boosts in Dragon Age 3 are the ones letting him do it.

What keeps me relaxed about this is knowing that such a business method is bound to fail hard sooner or later, because even the most retarded customer doesn't like to be annoyed. I expect to see a lot of heads rolling once the casual gaming fad is over.

:avatard:

Tytus

Arcane
Remember to keep perspective people. The ones to be mad at are the idiot consumers supporting this bullshit. This dude's job is to suck consumers dry of as much money as possible. Idiots paying for XP boosts in Dragon Age 3 are the ones letting him do it.

What keeps me relaxed about this is knowing that such a business method is bound to fail hard sooner or later, because even the most retarded customer doesn't like to be annoyed. I expect to see a lot of heads rolling once the casual gaming fad is over.

:avatard:

Yes, gaming needs to return to being "Nerd contest of might" :butthurt:

Tytus

Arcane
If people had more money, they would buy more games and not only good ones but medicore ones too.
Still wouldn't help EA.
:martini:
If you know what I mean.

Yeah, but we are talking about the casual crowd that is like - "I don't have the time to play hard games man, I want something I can finish quickly, cause I don't have much time" - those faggots. EA has been targeting these people for a long time. And if they had more money they would buy more medicore games that last 4 hours.

Xi

Arcane
What's next?
Paying by the minute to play their games? I'm sure there are enough properly conditioned consumer drones that it will be possible.
Aski Xi why this would be awesome.

I hate micro-transactions. They can take their horse armor and shove it up their ass! I really like expansions and paying for large amounts of new content however. Yet, they seem to be moving away from this model.

The worst part is that gamers are embracing the flawed rhetoric behind these types of business decisions. Just like americans embracing ever more powerful automobiles (when they absolutely didn't need it - at all) instead of more efficient ones. Embracing the retarded corporate rhetoric goes hand-in-hand with my sig too. ;P

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I did play the Simpsons game. It is not even a game. It acts like a city builder but there is NOTHING to dobesides doing and clicking where the game asks you to. And it is even worse when you consider theh actually poke fun at the f2p games tbat are money traps. The irony is unwelcome.

Tytus

Arcane
I did play the Simpsons game. It is not even a game. It acts like a city builder but there is NOTHING to dobesides doing and clicking where the game asks you to. And it is even worse when you consider theh actually poke fun at the f2p games tbat are money traps. The irony is unwelcome.

Why would you play a Simpsons game?

Tytus

Arcane
Guys, you're making me horny.

But not in a guy way, in a housewife kind of way. It's confusing.

Horny, you say?

ariu2.jpg

Tytus

Arcane
A WILD KEBAB APPEARS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/01/yerli-single-player-games-must-be-online-single-player/

Cervat Yerli said:
“I think the notion of a single-player experience has to go away. However, I’m not saying that there will be no single-player experiences… It could be it’s called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player instead.”

Diablo did it and shitheads gave it a pass becasue "uh, dude, it's Diablo!", so now every publisher exec thinks that he can do the same thing and make the same amount of money. Fuck you Blizzard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom