Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - From Suikoden creators

Yuber

Educated
How many hot babes are available to recruit?

KeAShizuku

Novice
Also, on a related note, the intro for Suikoden 3 is my favorite jrpg intro.

I really, REALLY don't want to be a graphics homosexual but I couldn't handle the terrible PS2 3D art style of Suikoden 3.

I'm sure I would have loved the game if I had played it back then.

lametta

Educated
is it me or is this game just basic.

I started it on gamepass and played just a little bit after the boss fight at red rock.

Combat is a snooze fest and makes you just spam attack/heal. No real strategy or tactics needed.
Some Characters seem copy pasted (skill wise)
Worldmap and towns are dead and empty. You can walk into 1-2 building that are copy pasted and have either no or cheap items in them.
Story seems boring so far.

Will the game get much better combat or story wise?
Does the side content consist of just finding other characters to recruit?(minigames usually dont hook me...)

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1716887390798.png

so far 12 hours in playing with max difficulty. couple bosses had good difficulty on em had to attempt few multiple times

so far magic feels shit other than healing for bosses. pretty much stack defense for front row + attack for every1 is the way to go

not being able to use items in combat feels pretty mandatory if you want to have any challenge

enjoying it so far even when its pretty basic. using multiple chars is slightly painful to set chars up + upgrade weapons

sad that Mio is awful my samurai mommy too squishy + low attack

also I downloaded "Eiyuden Chronicles Translation Fixes" mod which was probably a good call

Retardo

Learned
also I downloaded "Eiyuden Chronicles Translation Fixes" mod which was probably a good call
What state it is now?
Last time I checked, it was very limited and you had to manually update it every patch.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
:hmmm:

isXhvHG.png

who the fuck came up with these consumable items u get plenty of em endgame

ZnR68Pn.png

so yeah early/middle game difficulty was good but after mid it becomes way too easy. random encounters are too slow
story is clusterfuck + nobody dies
minigames are tedious and take too long
balance is fucked attack magic is trash + 99% of combos are worthless just basic attack + buff + heal is the way to go

I'm probably like 3 hours away from finishing this game but cant be arsed. not gonna replay this one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom