Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
That first companion quest was actually pretty good. It would even be better if you had to chose between ratting out Duras or sentencing an innocent guy to be exiled to the valley of the damned. Now you can point the finger at some unknown random unsub. "It is war so it is perfectly understandable that people drop dead left and right brah".

Also, a breath of fresh air, no overt PC agenda pushing, no sign of identity politics or special interest group pandering, no sing-alongs and the npc population doesnt consist of 1/3 trannies.

No wonder profesjonul gaem reviewers pan it.

Doma

Augur
Correct me if I am wrong. Is there no crafting trainer in Tavar / The Fort?

Oh and how do you change arrow / ammo type?

Last edited:

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
It's the exact same as in Gothic.
It's more of the same.

Good. That's what I wanted.

If only the enemies and gear scaled to your level so content wasn't gated. Shame PB didn't learn from the real masters of the RPG, Bethesda...

I wish we'd go back to posting tubgirl when someone is this stupid.
keep jerking yourself off to the straw man you just built. it's not content that's level gated, it's rewards.
open world should go hand in hand with exploration, danger AND rewards. when you find a fucking light saber and still have to spend the next few hours of the game fighting with a fucking stick because hur dur gothic did it, we're dealing with the most lazy kind of exaggerated balance for the sake of a predictable linear experience in a fucking single player open world game.
i don't have a problem with people flinging insults as long as they have a valid point to make and back it up with good arguments, but you, jasede, are just a fucking imbecile that can't even grasp the most basic of concepts.
an open world game has nothing to offer if character power progression is linear. please take some time to meditate on that sentence. maybe one day you will figure out why both level scaling AND level gated equipment have something in common.

While not necessarily a bad game it's not worth the full prince. I would buy it on sale for 50% or so less. It's not groundbreaking in any way, I honestly have no idea why those people here are praising it. Seems like a joke more than anything.
Or maybe they just like to be :mixedemotions:
I don't know any game that is worth an entire prince. Maybe half a prince, but it has to be a European one.

If you only get half a prince do you go for sucky or fucky?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys, I noticed one thing when watched Pope Amole video - his character wear DIFFERENT pants.
I mean, my char wear them too, but they aren't shown on my character.
This is definitely a bug.

Kahr

nMbIEwn.jpg

Cute.

Doma

Augur
Correct me if I am wrong. Is there no crafting trainer in Tavar / The Fort?

Oh and how do you change arrow / ammo type?

Pretty sure I came across a crafting table in the Fort...

You change ammo type with F
Yeah there are tables. One next to the Doc.

But I need a trainer. To learn crafting skills. Weird if there are none in the Fort.

Brancaleone

Prophet
I refuse to believe that Elex is a worthy heir to Gothic 1-2.

It's not. It's a good game, but anyone claiming this to be a good followup to Gothic 1 & 2 is crazy. It is a (big) step in the right direction, however, and I think it's way better than Risen 1. For me ELEX is PB's 3rd best game.
You are saying that just to make me feel better, aren't you?

I'll have to find out myself when I get enough time for a serious playing session.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
The truth is that the concept of level gated items and your pathetic weakness in this game really make no sense,especially when the story keeps telling you how great the Commander Jax is in the art of war.How come the defected Albs still have ability to use kewl weapons but my Jax can barely pick it's nose without dying,even tho I still consume Elex.

Why the fuck can't these games be like Dark Souls,The Surge,Nioh where you can still be significant enough to do some damage but also get insta-gibbed if you get hit.Running around doing some mundane chores to level up and knowing that if I come back I will one shot that pesky mob is getting tiresome and has to be worst system ever.They really need to work on the ai,hitboxes,animations and really take a look at Darks Souls,where you still have some decency while fighting but also get shit on if you can't press more than one button at a time.

It's not fun anymore because the game is easy no matter what,knowing that all you have to do is,avoid everything till you level up and get some new shiny items by doing some pesky chores and you come back as panzer bullshiting your way through everything.There's no challenge in these games anymore and something needs to be done.
even if all his warrior skills were somehow attributed to his stolen armor it's still stupid as fuck that he suddenly can't wield anything but a stick and can't throw a fucking leather rag on without solving a bunch of other people's problems first. it's a sad thing that fallout 3 made more sense than this game or twitcher 3 for that matter. experience points are an abstraction for the skills you develop in time based on the shit you do. it makes sense when you lived your whole life in a fucking vault not to know how to shoot some mirelurk in the face from half a mile away with a pistol and not miss. and even then they didn't lock that gun away behind a fucking experience wall so you couldn't even hold it. what these crappy games do is use the abstraction without any regard to coherence. you don't have to be a fucking swordsmaster to lift a sword and try to use it. if anything has to be taught it's how to hit your target and defend yourself in the process. by all means, lock skills behind levels. that's what they're for. but don't tell me my character is too stupid or weak to even try especially after you tell me he's this really cool guy who used to be a professional mere fucking days ago. FFS

You must have missed the point of learning how to communicate like an adult while at school.

It doesn't matter if you're young, many young people are very smart, you 'aint'. Maybe learn how to use Capital Letters, sentences then break those up into little mini-paragraphs. That would be a great start.

Even if you have no mental cognitive skills or English is your second language it's not a big deal. What would help is if you simply organized your thoughts a bit and tried to explain what the hell you are trying to talk about as it looks like walls of gibberish to me.

I can't read this shit, you might even have something worthwhile to say but I'll never know because your writing looks like a broken eBook scrambled up with some rotting dragon eggs with a dash of mental illness. There's a reason that people format their diarrhia into something legible, mainly so others might understand what they're trying to say.

If you can't do that (and that's fine), just hit the <enter> key twice every time you hit the (.) period key. You'd probably get at least six or seven more people to read your dribble that way.

Do you comprendo, amigo?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
how great the Commander Jax is in the art of war
WAS not IS.
Are you reading text with your butt?

Played DS and intend to play DS3 later, Elex impressed me - what I'm doing wrong here?

You stupid russian inbreed,I know it's hard for you mutants out there in Siberia to comprehend but let me explain it again.

Jax was on the aircraft going on a mission,he got shot down,then he was barely grazed by a some mumbo jumbo elex gun and somehow in half a day,mister Jax forgot everything,from holding a gun to being incapable to even equip a sword and a pair of pants,are you fucking kidding me.
This has to be the most retarded premise I have ever seen to start as a weak protagonist and some of you are too thick in the head to swallow this shit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ELEX is some strong shit, the withdrawal must be brutal. Man, you even turn white and lose your hair when using! If that is not saying something about the hardcore-ness of ELEX I don't know...

So not too hard to figure out that this is having a big effect on poor Jax, but it doesn't take long to overcome the withdrawal symptoms and became a true master of war without the need for ELEX.

Volken

Scholar
ELEX is some strong shit, the withdrawal must be brutal. Man, you even turn white and lose your hair when using! If that is not saying something about the hardcore-ness of ELEX I don't know...

So not too hard to figure out that this is having a big effect on poor Jax, but it doesn't take long to overcome the withdrawal symptoms and became a true master of war without the need for ELEX.

Does it mean there are no black npc's in the game? So lack of persons of color is lore appropriate for Elex. It could also mean that Michael Jackson was real-life Elex addict.

I hope the mainstream media won't catch up that eating Elex makes you white.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
even if all his warrior skills were somehow attributed to his stolen armor it's still stupid as fuck that he suddenly can't wield anything but a stick and can't throw a fucking leather rag on without solving a bunch of other people's problems first
I should stop this retarded rant and POINT to you sukablyat that Jax is run out of Elex.
You are definitely read and play with your butt.

Elex

Arbiter

Does it mean there are no black npc's in the game? So lack of persons of color is lore appropriate for Elex. It could also mean that Michael Jackson was real-life Elex addict.

I hope the mainstream media won't catch up that eating Elex makes you white.
they are focussed discussing that wolfestein is a game about shooting nazi.

also: Jax awaken and want to avenge and recover.

remember that Alb don't have feeling: they don't even hate, or search vengeange etc etc..

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Yup, it's definitely one hell of a drug. I took a break for an hour and I'm already feeling extreme withdrawal symptoms.

Now imagine Jaxxu who was deprived of it for like a day or something! I shudder to think what it must do to the human organism.

*injects ELEX into eyeball*

Kahr

Does it mean there are no black npc's in the game?
There are really none. Looks like the premise of this game is a planet just filled with white people.
Or all other races died when the meteor hit "Magalan".
Also eternally jiggling boobies...
Magalan must have been great.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

r30wGxI.png
:smug:

Hmmm this reminds me, should we put ELEX on the Codex curator? :cool:

Risen 1 is a better game if you want a more Gothicy experience, yes. But that's why I rate ELEX higher. I'm not saying that Risen 1 sucks, but it's too much of a Gothic derivative without being as good as Gothic. ELEX is trying to be more of its own thing while retaining the elements that PB is known and loved for.

I'd probably rate ELEX higher if not for a bunch of Risen 2/3 leftovers that have made it to the game and which are all stupid. Not being able to loot KO'd enemies, the tarded lockpick minigame, skill-locked chests (although this one is much less of a bother than in those two for sure), human enemies not leaving their weapons behind, the fucking interface, etc.

Still, make no mistake, it is certainly Gud and a much-awaited return to form for PB. It seems that this time "The Publisher Kept Them Down" (tm) has actually turned out true.

I'll take that as a yes!

Last edited:

ortucis

Prophet
In 9 hrs I've played this game, only night time I've seen is when I had to do it for a quest (Cleric one) and that too lasted till I had to talk to him.

Else I keep sleeping and set everything to morning, constantly. You can sleep in anyone's bed, unlike in Gothic where they would get pissed and wouldn't let you. Also, there are beds everywhere you travel. Not sure that's a good thing but I like questing in daylight instead of straining my eyes, so it's morning every few hours for me. :P
Then you're doing it wrong. Different stuff happens at night, everyone is sleeping so you can go from house to house sneaking in and steal all their shit, monster are sleeping and it's easier to sneak up on them etc. and there's special quests and events that only happen at night.

Not really. The only requirement for playing it at night is when you wanna steal or when quest calls for it. Since I wrote that post, I intentionally made it night to complete a quest, but that's all. In-fact, I usually find it easier to steal in morning since everyone is away from their home and I can just sneak in ans steal everything without worrying about accidentally waking anyone up (which has happened thanks to laggy as fuck console controls).

In 17 hours, I am starting to notice more bugs, like controls suddenly stop responding, from jetpack to normal attacks (despite full stamina). Sometimes I will jetpack till eternity and beyond, unable to stop it until it runs out of juice, crashing me to the ground.

Oh and the best bug ever, you can't save beyond 99 saves. You try to, game gets stuck with permanent SAVE icon in-game and refuses to save game to another slot or even load a game, forcing a restart. You CAN manually rename a game save to 100 and 101, etc., but game itself bugs out over 99 saves.

I am going to delete older saves to avoid running into this again, it just gets annoying.

Oh and joined the Clerics, I got PSI thrower first, it was shit. Loaded old save and chose the PSI Amplifier, actually useful. But the SFX looks so weak and wormhole hits friendly and neutral units as well, which means all neutral units start attacking me as well as enemy, while I'm trying to save them. So Wormhole is useless when neutrals are nearby, then comes Chain Lightning, which looks like someone forgot to add lighting into the projectile, lamest effect ever for chain lighting (look at Warcraft 3 for inspiration, PB) and 40 damage is meh. Going to invest more in upgrading PSI damage, right now, invested in Suggestion and increasing Battery Power instantly.

That said, Wormhole is pretty useful in taking down multiple enemies which are way high level. My current succeful tactic, Lure 5 Raptors or Ripper Beasts by hitting one with an arrow > As they all come near me, fly up straight and throw a grenade in advance so they get damages > Since for some reason, you can't change weapons in air, land and spam Wormhole to take them out over and over again, with occasional granada. Has allowed me to take out groups of enemies a few times, but you have to run and use health potions to time it cause the controls are shit. Funny enough, I think Mass Effect Andromeda actually had much better Jet Pack controls than this.

Is there a "auto-regen battery power" item for me to wear? I must find one.

PS: Upgraded my Strength to 33, finally, now I can pick a better axe I was carrying. But I am now aiming for Flamethrower cause the damage is 90 on it..

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Have I ever said that? I've always praised well-designed RT games like PST, Daggerfall, MotB, Gothic, Bloodlines, Darklands, etc.

I can't be bothered to dig it up.
You were talking about how you hated PoE because it's RTwP and I think you said you only enjoy turn based games or something or another.
To be fair I was being hyperbolic and probably mis-remembered the quote.
I prefer TB but I have no existential problem with RT. I didn't hate PoE but wasn't crazy about it either. Unlike Fallout 4 it was a playable game.

My real point was - The combat is literally Left Click Spam to the beat of some Dance Dance Revolution.
It only seems this way. In fact the game punishes you for spam-clicking but you'd have to pay attention to the combat mechanics to realize that.

You Spam Click to the beat of the timing bar in the bottom left hand.
That was the DDR joke.

I am still waiting to hear how this game is mechanically better than Andromeda or Fallout 4 to reap so much praise, when those games are completely despised.

None of the points in your article couldn't be applied to any Bioware game of the last 6 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom