Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Wtf you have to manually click to buy a couple of copies of a given item from a stack,if there are 100 items in that stack and you want only 10 you have to press 90 fucking times to get them or hold the arrow key but it's the same fucking bullshit.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Wtf you have to manually click to buy a couple of copies of a given item from a stack,if there are 100 items in that stack and you want only 10 you have to press 90 fucking times to get them or hold the arrow key but it's the same fucking bullshit.
Elex is Dark Souls of inventory management (3/10).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i meet some random mutated wolf

haha stupid wolf, i shall now defeat you using the power of intellection

*darth roxor starts hovering on jetpack to wait for his stamina to regen safely*

*wolf uses some fucking spit attack and shoots darth roxor out of the sky*

:negative:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
And why the hell am I blind like a mole every time I get into a buiding,who the hell thought that would be a good idea

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I'm a bit worried about level progression being too fast, you get to level 3 by basically following Diego to the Old Camp. Seems a bit fast compared to previous games.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What's the deal with Cold, Grunker? How does it work?

Edit:

KTVKTGH.png

dunno soz maybe Darth Roxor?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Cold is supposed to be your dark side ELEXUBERMENSCH meter afaik, but hell if I know what it actually does.

bataille

Arcane
Isn't cold a sort of an alignment meter? The higher it is, the closer you're to transcendence, and the other way making you more humane?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Who gives a shit about the voice work what matters for a game like this depth of game mechanics over the long run and strength of the exploration. We won't know about that until at least a fem days from now

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Vault Dweller Darth Roxor bataille :

Cold is a unique factor in Elex that serves as karma. You can change it by selecting certain dialog lines and making decisions in quests. If you want to increase your Cold then you should select "bad karma" options. The game informs you about every change of your Cold meter (an example is presented in the picture – the message displayed in the left part of the screen) so if you made a mistake, you can load your last save and act differently. Increasing your Cold unlocks unique variants of behaving in certain quests, especially in those that happen at the end of the end story line.

Ugh, that sounds lopsided KotOR-style - I hope that's not the case. Really dislike feeling pidgeon-holed in that way

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The trader woman can teach you 3 skills: emotional (low Cold), balanced, synthetic (very high Cold). Balanced gives a melee bonus, synthetic gives a ranged bonus. So it seems that the Clerics would aim for high Cold, the Outlaws for low Cold, while the berserkers should try to stay in the middle.

ortucis

Prophet
Karma system in every game like this means insta save-scumming from me.

"Wait no, lemme reload that quicksave to get a better result from this conversation." :|

Elex

Arbiter
Cold is supposed to be your dark side ELEXUBERMENSCH meter afaik, but hell if I know what it actually does.
there is some passive skill affected by cold, low cold (emotive) is better magic, banaced better at melee, and full cold good at firewarms.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The trader woman can teach you 3 skills: emotional (low Cold), balanced, synthetic (very high Cold). Balanced gives a melee bonus, synthetic gives a ranged bonus. So it seems that the Clerics would aim for high Cold, the Outlaws for low Cold, while the berserkers should try to stay in the middle.

Not exactly. Low Cold gives bonus for Psi and Magic.

odrzut

Arcane
So, I died 5 times to the first rotoboar. Then I remembered I can fly. Fighting is clunky as hell. Exploration is fun, but they should do sth about turning rate. It feels worse than TW3 before adding alternate movement.

Also everybody have the same face, voice acting is bad and as far as I understand dialogs can't be skipped and most of the time there is no subtitles.

But yeah, it's fun so far, I hope it stays that way. Also trading system has transaction system - you can buy/sold stuff and when you leave the trading screen you can cancel everything. Great idea.

EDIT: ok, you can enable subtitles in options and right mouse button skips dialogs. It's bearable now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom