Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Endless Space 2

Arnust

Savant
Anyone else played supremacy? Thoughts?
I've played a bit, but haven't finished it yet. I think I'll try to actually start and finish a run with it soon enough while the next Stellaris update is baking. As for my impressions, I think you'd have to ask more specific questions. I did play it in the very release and it had some pretty serious balance issues but there's been like four patches now. Overall I liked the Hissho stuff, and Keii seems like something way more exploitable than I considered (technically you don't really have a system limit anymore) and I appreciate that even smaller quests will give you some, which is always useful. But the Behemoths felt pretty ehh to me in overall implementation, at least pre late/endgame. Once again, very vague impressions, I know.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've played a lot of it, actually. Behemoths are a cool concept, but it's even more micro. I refuse to make mining/terraforming behe simply because I know I'm not gonna bother checking on them every turn. So to me they are simply a new system improvement + the new and improved bc that is better than carrier. Fine addition, can't complain.

Hissho are also ok. Not a huge fan of their mechanic since it kinda forces you into war and rewards gimmicky gameplay, but if you play it right they have a lot of potential.

Still think vaulters are the strongest, because they are a lot more consistent while Hissho NEEDS to spawn close to minor civs. They are basically Vodyani 2.0.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Still think vaulters are the strongest, because they are a lot more consistent while Hissho NEEDS to spawn close to minor civs. They are basically Vodyani 2.0.

Dude, both Hissho and Vodyani are capable of doing amazing victory tactics without any early warfare at all. For vodyani it's due to broken-ness of the ark essense generation - their expansion at start is slow but it swiftly turns into 1 arc every 2 turns (and their overall start is still fasts as Vodyani are just too imba of population). For hissho it's due to ability to sacrifice pop for 5 happiness - since their resources are overflowing and their early start is lightning fast, it's not a big deal. But it gives you a huge window to expand. Pacifist Hissho are quite easily doable (even though this is not their best build, obv).

And vaulters are pretty meh because they're actually highly dependent on spawns. If there's no quadrinx nearby, your timings will be awful. Now, behemoths can alleviate this issue but you still need to have a proper type of system for that (the one where they can harves quadrinx, 2 types of them, forgot which ones exactly).

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Unless the vody got buffed when I wasn't looking, ark essence gen is really underwhelming compared to leeching. I remember 4x alchemist video discussing win rates of all races and while there are some clear patterns (horatio victory more likely the longer the game drags on), the vody are completely lolrandom. It all comes down to spawn. Spawn with 4 low tier planets + minor civ nearby = snowball into victory. Start with only one available planet and no minors = might as well just quit.

No wonder there is a ton of vody reworks around, the faction is very all or nothing, not consistent at all.

As for Hissho, sacrificing pop for keii is only possible during the correct 20 turn period and since you can't stockpile keii, and the only other reliable non-warring source only kicks of very late game (maxed out conselors) you're left with invasions as your main source.

Both these civs (+ cravers) rely on constant warfare to be effective. Can they go pacifist? Yes. But why not just play OP unfallen instead?

As for the vaulters, their ability to choose the first planet + material expertise + passive generation of titanium and hyperion is what makes them very likely to overcome a bad start. They have plenty of ways around limitations and rushing titanium modernization is super strong early on. A flat +40 ind and food means all your core worlds will grow faster than the competition. Not to mention their zero risk expansion mechanics.

Lastly, quadrinix is the green lightning resource, an ultra late game resource. I think you might have confused it with something else?

Pope Amole II

Developer
...stuff...

The no-suck vodyani work easily on the endless difficulty with great victory timings so anyone who's calling them non-viable probably hadn't played the game. Or maybe is just a retard, that's always a possibility. They can win pretty much any start locations in a more or less swift fashion, if only because arks are freaking fast and moving to greener pastures is easy. In fact, the no-suck vodyani may easily have better tempo on Endless as they're not as affected by pirates and you don't need to invest that much into leechers (which are helluva expensive).

Keii is given through quests (including tier rewards) and exploration - quite a bit of that, actually. And those long periods are long enough for it to work out. I've had easy victories with pacifist hissho so you absolutely don't need to go warring with them, thus you don't depend on your neighbours. Not to mention that they build their fleets turbo-fast and they invoke Star Boogie easily, thus having extreme reach anyways.

Both of these civs are better than unfallen because they can have equal (if not greater) early game economies while not having any defensive vulnerabilities. Unfallen have no advantages over them.

Vaulters currently are meh at best because their titanium generation is slow while every upgrade draining 32 units of that. Doing tier-1 titanium is just not viable (unless you have turbo-lucky start). They have a bit of easy colonization early on but then that seriously stumbles and their overall growth speed is meh. Outside of quadrinx combos (meaning you don't even grade into tier-2 until you get that), they're not worth anything.

lightbane

Arcane
So, I've been checking this thread and it seems that unwanted populations are an annoyance and hard to fix. Well then, no more! When the devs fail, mods arise!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276150834

Wrath of the Righteous (Purification Actions)
Are you tired of having Xenos spoil the Beauty of your glorious Empire? Tired of your gulag technology being so outdated it takes ages to purify your systems? Well, fear not, for this mod has arrived.

Adds 2 System improvements for every civ :
-The Hunt : Get rid of any number of your Non-Major population, you can build this improvement as many times as you like in one turn (as long as you have the required amount of Non-Major pop) and it won't even stop your production! Gain dust per turn in exchange for each population killed but watch out, you'll also gain unhappiness from every xeno scum remaining in your systems, better get rid of them quickly. The population is chosen based on the lowest number of population in the System (except Major pops).
-The Purge : Decolonization action : Only available when 15 or more Aliens are in the system and after researching . Gain a big amount of dust instantly, based on the number of population in the system and the value of improvements. Scales with Dust inflation. You'll also get a brand new colonization ship.

Both actions will raise the Religious party support in all your systems, this is intended to help you put your religious party in power.

Also adds new effects to Religious party laws for non Ship-bound factions, they're meant to give players who want their Empire to be pure an alternative to Diversity :
-Species Stability : +10% FIDSI on Pure Systems, -10% FIDSI on Impure Systems (Republic : +15%/-15%).
-Admit and Improve Bill : -20% Cost reduction of ships/improvements on Pure Systems, +20% Cost on Impure Systems (Republic :-30%/+30%).
-Peace and Prayer Act : +20% FIDSI on Pure Systems, -20% FIDSI on Impure Systems (Republic : +30%/-30%).

Normal effects also still apply.

This mod should be compatible with most mods, the only files being modified are Simulation/SimulationDescriptors[LawEffect_mod].xml and LawDefinitions[mod].xml.

Give feedback and such, no idea if it works. I'll try to start wtih Endless Space 1 before Legend this week ends, if possible.

EDIT: Found another:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505425416

Populace Control
This allows for the conversion of a faction's major population unit into any other population unit contained within the system and vice versa. This is done with genetic manipulation via industry constructibles. The cost of a population conversion is a single turn.

To make room for arriving population units in crowded systems, The constructible "Soylent Green" is provided. It sacrifices a major population for a temporary increase to dust production in the system.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
DOUBLE-KEYART_Web.png

Hey everyone,

After the resounding success of our previous content packs, Untold Tales & Lost Symphony, we thought: why not give the people what they want? So we're back with a music content pack, Harmonic Memories, & a quest content pack, Celestial Worlds. Both content packs are priced at $2.99 / 2.99€ / £2.49 with a 10% discount until Thursday, November 22nd!Want more details on the good stuff within? Read on!

Harmonic_Keyart_Web.png

Harmonic Memories

There's nothing quite like music for immersion, and the Endless Universe is no exception. We've worked with our one and only FlybyNo to reimagine, remaster and remix 9 tracks from Endless Space, first of its name, and bring them to Endless Space 2. If you're looking for one more excuse to go ahead and get the content pack, read what our favorite composer had to say:

"For this musical add-on, I chose my 9 favorite songs from Endless Space and modernized them with new instruments and musicians.

In two pieces we recorded some “duduk”, the Armenian flute emblematic of ES1's main theme. I also recorded a duet of singers for all the choir parts (that I had sung myself at the time, and I can tell you that I sing particularly badly!). All the rhythmic parts were redone by my assistant Alexandre, and I replaced most of the synthesizers with brand new ones. The new synths include John Bowen’s Solaris and The River, a rare French synthesizer of which only 20 copies have been produced to date. I hope you enjoy listening to this creation as much as I did producing it."

The content pack also includes the Harmony hero, FES2 Reflects. Reflects is a fatalist hero who has decided to accept Dust as a natural part of life to be understood, resulting in Reflects’ integration to the Academy.

Celestial_Keyart_Web-1.png

Celestial Worlds

In a new huuuuge quest line featuring 14 chapters and multiple endings, Isyander begins to lose his grip on Academy operations. Restless heroes start to make their own decisions, as they realize Unique Planets are sources of power that could be anybody’s property… Places to be, people to meet.

Additionally, discover 2 new Unique Planets, 6 new Weapon Modules, and 8 new Empire improvements.

Hero_Web.png

Patch 1.3.27

[BALANCE]

Lumeris:

• Added a repeatable improvement to reduce inflation on Empire by 25%
  • Added an effect to tier 3 population collection: 5% of net Dust added to influence
  • Colonisation cost is now less impacted by inflation
  • Added 2 new traits to the faction:
  • "Free Market Experts" trait gives -5% inflation per Trading Company on Empire
  • "Alternative Imports" trait gives -50% on Marketplace tax
Vodyani:

• Unlocked Ark ship designs (yes, finally!)
  • Added an effect to tier 3 population collection: +2 movement points on Fleets
  • Added a natural conversion of Essence -> Manpower (5% of Essence consumed, granting the equivalent of 10% to Manpower)
  • Added an "Essence upkeep" to keep track of consumed Essence
  • Changed Vodyani Food consumption: it will now scale depending on the proportion of Vodyani pops on the system, up to -50% like before
  • Lowered advanced leeching module techs by 1 stage (they're now in S3 and S4 of Science and Exploration)
  • Leeching modules effects will now scale with hull size
  • Lowered all % values of "All must..." modules
  • Leeching module will now also grant Essence per destroyed CP in battle
Horatio:

• Added a weapon availability on existing slots for the following ships:
    • Small attacker

• Small support

• Medium attacker

• Carrier
  • Reduced the custom faction cost of Perfect genes from 20 to 10
  • Tweaked the Price of Perfection trait:
    • Industry malus has been reduced from 25 to 20%

• Added a 10% damage bonus to ships

• Reduced the cost of the trait for custom factions from -20 to -10
  • Converting a population into a new Horatio with Genetic Alteration Lab will now only cost 640 Industry
Riftborn:

• Biophobic trait will now add population slots on Sterile planets and remove some on Fertile planets
  • Added a star system improvement and an empire improvement to add population slots on Sterile planets
  • Reduced Riftborn Singularities Empire effects from 25% to 10% Empire-wide bonus
  • Swapped Freeze and Rip Empire-wide effects
Hissho:

• Observances can not be stacked anymore
  • Hissho will now suffer a malus of 5% FIDS on their Home System (or Best System) for each system above over-colonization threshold
  • Lowered over-colonization threshold by 1
  • Hissho AI now has a base Keii income (stronger when under colonization threshold) depending on game difficulty
Unfallen:

• Unfallen vines will now take time to recede even when incomplete
  • Unfallen vining modules are now 20% faster
United Empire:

• Mezari Population will now grant +0.5 Influence and + 1 Science per pop
  • Mezari Population collection bonus 2 will now grant +10% Science on system with Mezari pops (instead of + 15%)
  • Mezari Population collection bonus 3 will now grant -10% Technology cost (instead of -20%)
  • Martial Science will now grant a + 10% Science on Empire (instead of +15%)
  • Sheredyn population will now grant +0.5 Influence and +20 Manpower capacity on System
  • Increased Science gains of Science agreement
  • Mount of Zelevas will now grant +2% industry on System per pop type in Empire in addition to its other bonuses
  • United Empire Population Collection Bonus will now grant +0.1 Influence per Industry spent (cumulative with the original bonus due to Emperor's Will)
  • Silken Diplomacy was replaced by Iron Will which grant a +10% Industry to all Systems when staying United Empire
  • United Empire military choice of "A hidden Rebellion - Part 1" quest will now only ask the player to reach 800 maximum Manpower on Empire
  • Sheredyn 50 population collection bonus will now grant +5 Influence per 100 Manpower on System

Accompanying tweaks:

Economy:

• Militarist super-law now doesn't grant an approval bonus for wars with Minor Empires
  • Inflation formula now also depends on the number of players on a map
  • Trading companies:
  • Costs of Dust/Luxury improvements are now more tightly linked to their types (there still is a base increase for each bought upgrade)
  • Lowered Costs of Dust/Luxury improvements
Space Battle:

• Changed starting tactics
  • Put some tactics usually found in curiosities inside the tech tree so as to remove effects that were too similar or situational
  • Put some tactics that were in the tech tree but didn't fit with the new repartition anymore in curiosities
  • Removed tactics playdecks granted in the 5th era of the military quadrant to reduce the clutter in the total amount of tactics
  • Rebalanced the effect of some of the tactics as they were put in the tech tree
  • Changed the composition of tactics playdeck in the tech tree
  • Boosted DPS of Basic Plasma Beam to 11 (instead of 9)
  • Science from scrap will now grant 20 science per CP destroyed
Others:

• Dirty Hand Acts is now 50% weaker
  • Corsair faction trait now only costs 5 points

[FIXES]

• Fixed game getting stuck when a mining probe is placed on a Lodestone (Academy quest) and the Lodestone is captured by any side of the quest (as reported in this thread)
  • Illo hero (Tlikkit Goktok) was changed to Technologist - Overseer as intended (had the class but not the related skill tree). Any skill point invested in the Counselor or Primitive branches of Tlikkit Goktok in previous saves will be lost, as the branches have been replaced with the Technologist and Overseer branches. This implies a potential re-lock of higher tier skills, depending on how the remaining skill points have been spent
  • Fixed an issue that made the Behemoth Discoverer trait not appear in the Empire summary
  • Fixed an issue where Wrath of Tonatsi would appear in the list of available modules when equipping a destruction module
  • Fixed Ancestral reverence conversion description in System Food & Industry tooltip
  • Fixed non-functional boost experience module for hero ships
  • Solved custom faction Ship Bound + any affinity mapping that caused a crash
  • Corrected an issue where 2 technologies were overlapping when playing as a custom Vaulters Gene Hunter faction
  • AI's Behemoth Terraform Planet action can no longer be used by players when clicking on Behemoth then on the orbited System
  • All Juggernaut weapons are now functional, fully loaded and operational

We hope you all enjoy this chance to make the game even more immersive! What's your favorite ES1 track?

Pope Amole II

Developer
This patch is so awful. They have a small and very, very unskilled community which just whines, whines and whines over again. It's even having some godawful balance patch (g2g or something it's called?) which has zero connection with reality but which is popular anyways. Relatively so.

And so all these changes are based on this stupidity.

Lumeris are always a steady race, mb even the 4th best one - they don't need so much buffs.

Vodyani are losing the only flaw they're currently having and that is, well, not so wise given they're tier-S race already.

Horatio is the worst faction of the game and while these buffs do help them a bit, it's nowhere near close enough.

Riftborn is another tier-S race (Vodyani are 1, rifts are 2) and so buffing them is once again not so smart.

Hissho nerf is relatively reasonable as yes, they're the third best race etc. Not too big of a nerf, though.

Unfallen were right in the balancing middle so I'm not sure if that buff was that needed - like, the plan is to make stuff more or less equal, not to launch the endless powercreep.

Empire nerf is ridiculous as they're the third worst race in the game currently.

Sophon & Vaulter nerf via Dirty Hands act is ridiculous as these are already some of the weaker races in the game and their buildup tempo is already awful.

Craver nerf via military superlaw is stupid as it once again solidifies the stupid religious craver strat as the only decent one.

lightbane

Arcane
Ouch, that sounds bad. Is the balance patch for Endless Legend as bad too? At least it lets you use steam achievements with mods.

Arnust

Savant
Eh. I watched the stream and all the reasonings were pretty, well reasonable. Anyway, I wonder how this "super quest" is gonna play out. Already got it and will check it out soon enough, but from the sound of it it seems to be about as much content if not more than you get from the Major Faction's quest, added to this new planet related mechanic. As for the music DLC, the tracks are sweet as hell as always (even if I kind of prefer the interpretations from the live concert for some of them) and thankfully they only put a hero for the content part, rather than a whole minor faction like in the last.

Arnust

Savant
Well, all Endless game related things. I wonder if the first game is worth checking out...

lightbane

Arcane
Endless Space 1? It feels a bit outdated, but I like it, it's excellent for 4x noobs, has the standard French insanity and cool music (that would get way better)... However, the tutorial is horrible, the manual with the expansion is not included IIRC and you can see the parts were future games would improve on. If you can only get one, I would suggest Endless Legend, which is allegedly an improvement in all areas although it's a fantasy 4X.

Arnust

Savant
Endless Space 1? It feels a bit outdated, but I like it, it's excellent for 4x noobs, has the standard French insanity and cool music (that would get way better)... However, the tutorial is horrible, the manual with the expansion is not included IIRC and you can see the parts were future games would improve on. If you can only get one, I would suggest Endless Legend, which is allegedly an improvement in all areas although it's a fantasy 4X.
Oh I got literally everything else with the Endless name on it, that's mainlyu why I'm wondering if to check out ES1 for historical purposes more than anything. Probably won't, really. One 4X is already a handful and I've got three or even four to rotate semi periodically around with.

lightbane

Arcane
I see. I'm also getting close to an Economic Victory in my first playthrough here and it's dragging a lot. I suppose other 4x don't become so slow in the endgame, right?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Test3.png

Plunge forehead-first into the exhilarating world of Horatio, the Endless galaxy’s most perfectbeing. Experience life as a freshly-decanted Horatio clone on his first day of cadet school.

Will you be the obedient servant of the great forehead in the sky? Will you manage to wooone four uniquely identical Horatio clones? Or will you skirt the line of disobedience and risk the wrath of the gene-splicer-in-chief?

FULL IMMERSION
eye.jpg

An exclusive deep-dive into the culture of the most fabulous being in the Universe. Your body and genes have never looked this good.

Multiple narrative arcs & endings
Choice.jpg

Choices matter! Will you find your way to the battle-training simulations or end up bathing in a tropical waterfall? Survive or thrive, it is up to you…

Colorful, retro-futuristic hand-drawn art style
joli2.jpg

Life as Horatio can be stressful at times, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy it in a gorgeous, unique 2D art style. Only the finest stuff…

An almost canon story
The Endless Universe’s “true story” gets rebooted every time you start a new game. Love Thyself: A Horatio Story positions itself firmly on our in-universe sliding scale of canon as a “dude, probably.”

test2v2.png

line.png

TestPart2.png

lightbane

Arcane
It seems a new DLC with a new faction is incoming: It will be about the Academy guys, who have their own fleets, heroes and such. There's also at least one new minor civ in the making as well.

aris

Arcane
It is pretty good, yes. Definitely worth a try when on sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom