Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Enotria: The Last Song - Summer Soulslike Set in a Beautiful Sun-Lit World Inspired by Italian Folklore - coming August 21st

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Anybody actually try the demo? Steam forums are just full of complains.

DemonKing

Arcane
Anybody actually try the demo? Steam forums are just full of complains.
I played for an hour or so.

Graphics are pretty colourful for a Soulslike (so far). Combat is pretty standard for the genre.

There seem to be an awful lot of systems in the game like a skill tree, powers, masks that change those powers, a weird power that let's you temporarily change the environment etc. Didn't feel it was very well explained.

I guess if you finish Shadows of the Erdtree by September wait for reviews and maybe give it a whirl?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played this thing for about an hour and a half. It's alright. Has a few stutters, maybe, but it's hard to say because I was running stuff on a second monitor while I was playing it. Basically bog standard Souls-like with an emphasis on parrying. The timing for parrying is standard, but takes a bit to dial in on. Feels like a cross between say Sekiro and Dark Souls, but with a Lies of P set of characters (living puppets that swap "class" characteristics by switching masks).

My main issue with it other than being "yet another Soulslike" is just that there's a ton of shit you're picking up. Shards of masks, fragments of this and that, upgrade stones, etc. Bleh.

That being said, there are some interesting ideas with tears in reality and being able to phase things in from another dimension. It seems like they took some inspiration from that Lords of the Fallen reboot, except it's less of a pain in the ass so didn't make me immediately hate it.

S.torch

Arbiter
When I think about Italian folklore I think about Roman Catholicism and Greco-Roman religion. This doesn't look like none of these things.

Spike

Educated
When I think about Italian folklore I think about Roman Catholicism and Greco-Roman religion. This doesn't look like none of these things.
There's some other folk tales. Quite a lot, actually.

Litmanen

Educated
I mean, sure. But this says Souls-like but looks like Pinocchio.
Looks like venetian folklore from the Renaissance up to the present day, well reknown for its masks.

Immagine.jpg

So, you are free not to know things, but they still exist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom