Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Been having some fun lately with the American Truck Simulator game. Driving them big rigs while listening to country. Very different feeling even though it is of course almost exactly the same gameplay. Just with cooler trucks, huge-ass oversize configurations, and having to stop at the chicken coop. Although for the moment they have still only filled about 1/3 of the map of the US, namely the West Coast and Rocky Mountains states. But the American landscapes are something else. Note there is a secret road leading to the Yosemite National Park, where I sucked down a big fat fine for illegally entering the park with a trailer. :lol:

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Instead of Russia, apparently we're getting West Balkans. All of them! Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Slovenia. This may be old news to most, but when it was posted, I was preparing for my vacation in... Bosnia!

Looking forward to lots of rakija-fuelled reckless driving, crazy overtaking maneuvers, etc.

Curratum

I was mad about them butthurting and not releasing HoR, but having this would play better, as making trips deep into Russia would almost always mean fast-traveling back to a more central and connected part, and this slots very nicely in the general middle of the map so it will play better without fast-travelling.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
unknown.png

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I wanted to wait for the expansion to be discounted, but then I thought: ah fuck it, I have the money, why not? I am what's wrong with the gaming industry. I don't think Texas is even that geographically interesting. SMH. I see their next announcement is the great state of OklaHOMO. After that I assume Kansas, Nebraska, Dakotas.

One thing I will not be ashamed to shell out for is West Balkans.

Needs a DLC where you drive a spiked-up Mad Max-looking rig across the irradiated blastlands.

EDIT: Fuck it, someone make a Fallout Truck Simulator game, because WHY THE FUCK NOT.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Was hoping for a bit more detail in terms of the number of cities and roads. If you compare it to how detailed some countries like Bulgaria or Portugal are, or some states in ATS. Still, it will be a few nights of fun for less money than a hooker.

Edit, for reference:

26e0ecc5a946a912d10fa1db5050c2222c03c4b0.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom