Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

promods.
a super messy mess of messed up mess to install, but it's supposed to enhance details and verisimilitude by a lotfold. my experience with it has been strongly underwhelming.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly it's nice just YOLOing this game since it's casual as fuck. I just drive from A to B, then look for new jobs starting in B, and that's how I slowly work my way across the map. Then it's funny to try and speed over roundabouts n shiiiieeet. Apparently the employers don't mind so much that I busted up their truck a little bit. :lol:

Eventually it seems you find your happy place. Like I went down to France, so I just looked for a stream of chansons to listen to while driving through some provincial roads to smaller towns. The sun rising over the forests and fields. Glorious.

I don't want to look up too much about this, but am I correct in assuming it's easiest to just take on jobs, and it's not necessarily worth taking loans to buy your own truck? Best to just stay a wagecuck at first?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
35e358a6b7806c83e7b321447ae37380efbddd65.jpg
It's just enhanced

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I can't even crash through the barriers at the toll booths to give the finger to Macron's tax collectors? :decline:

At least it's nice to drive through Portugal while listening to Rádio Amália. Saudades all day, every day, baby. The viewpoints are a nice touch, although they're usually more of the ports of cities than landmarks per se.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
wwsd said:
I don't want to look up too much about this, but am I correct in assuming it's easiest to just take on jobs, and it's not necessarily worth taking loans to buy your own truck? Best to just stay a wagecuck at first?
It's a make your own fun thing so go with whatever
feelsgoodman.png
to you.

I always tried saving up for my own truck, then my own garage, then filling the garage with all Volvos, then a second garage with all MAN trucks etc. all the while discovering as many new towns and levelling up. After maxing out Euro Truck 2, then moving onto American Truck Simulator and doing it all again.

Jason Liang

Arcane
[
Russia... kind of looks like China
Just a few more map dlc's and we'll be trucking yogurt from Stuttgart to Shenyang in Eurasian Truck Simulator 2.
Are there actual truck routes through Siberia? I mean, how do goods get to Novosibirisk?
(would be interesting if real)

I've actually been to Jilin and Shenyang (several times). A lot of truck traffic there, since that's where most of China's oil is located. I don't think they are owner-operators though.

Last edited:
Are there actual truck routes through Siberia? I mean, how do goods get to Novosibirisk?
(would be interesting if real)

I've actually been to Jilin and Shenyang (several times). A lot of truck traffic there, since that's where most of China's oil is located. I don't think they are owner-operators though.
There's paved highways all the way through, but I don't know how much cargo they move that way, compared to rail for example.
Trans-Siberian_Highway_2018.png

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
ultimate relaxation, this game, until you crash right before the end of a retardedly long haul and the truck becomes impossibly wedged between the road barrier and a plane crash

then the ultimate relaxation becomes not playing it for another year
I think I'm ready to go back

I just got a Logitech G29 wheel - wanted to get a Thrustmaster T300GT but everything in this country is so unbelievably expensive and the T300 was more than double the price.

Anyway I got a bunch of driving games to test it out (Assetto Corsa, Grid 2019, Gran Turismo 7, F1 2020, you name it) and my favourite of the bunch is, by FAR... American Truck Simulator (is there a dedicated thread?)

Not in a million years did I expect to be interested in a game like this. It's uncanny. Driving through the night in Oregon listening to Boards of Canada to deliver some cargo is just unbelievably relaxing. The physics are pretty good and even the G29 manages to feel great in this game, with subtle force feedback cues from the road and even the truck's engine.

I must be getting really fucking old.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
In Russia dlc we will be hauling ammunition to attack Ukraine.

Russia... kind of looks like China
(I mean like the architecture)

Postponed indefinitely I think? No hauling around empty trucks while listening to Vatnik FM talking about how we're rolling up the biolabs. :negative:

Maybe they can do Balkans instead now. Or Ireland. For the moment I'm enjoying driving through mountain passes in Romania while listening to radio stations that play the kind of music that has this kind of Wiki page:

Subject matter and style
Manele are widely criticized for their lyrical content, which often consists of boasts about the singer's supposed sex appeal, intellect, wealth, social status, and superiority over so-called "enemies". Many singers use bad grammar, repetitive and simplistic rhymes suitable for chanting and are sometimes vulgar and/or misogynistic. Singers sometimes make trilling or yelling sounds during instrumental parts of their songs, an aspect that has been parodied many times.

Some manele also have music videos, of which many are of poor quality while others are recorded in nightclubs or during private parties.

Manele composers and players also use the term "oriental music" or "party music" for their creation, and consider their music a sub-genre of traditional, folk Roma music.

Traditional Roma music is usually played on classical instruments by a live band (taraf) of lăutari and has classical lyrics, while manele is usually sung by only one performer using modern instruments (generally synthesizers) as backup. Most manele are recorded in small recording studios, owned by the singer himself or by a group of singers, since major recording labels refuse to contract them. However, there are some exceptions: for example, Stana Izbaşa and Nicu Paleru sing live, often with traditional instruments.

(...)

Public opinion
Manele are a strongly disputed genre in Romania, with many representatives of Romanian upper-middle and intellectual class opposing this "musical" movement (and its popularization) mostly because of its usage of faulty grammar, overly simplistic or childish lyrics and subject matter and/or encouragement of demeaning behaviours towards other people, as well as an antisocial overall message. The fact that manele lyrics are considered by many to be rude and of poor taste, coupled with widespread racist feelings against Roma ethnics (Țigani/Gypsies),[5] who account for the bulk of manele performers, has led to increasing hostility between fans and opponents.[1] This has generated frequent conflicts between the two, often in the form of internet flame wars.

In the media, manele have been repeatedly called by journalists and academics (such as the literary critic George Pruteanu) "pseudo-music",[3] "pure stupidity, inculture and blah-blah" or even "society's bed-wetter".[6] C. Tepercea, a National Audio-visual Board member who did a study on the genre for the board considered it "the genre for the mentally challenged" in an interview.[7] Even proposals to ban this type of music have been voiced.[3]

Romani-Romanian classical musician and politician Mădălin Voicu distinguishes between the original genre and today's interpreters, calling their work "kitsch and bad taste", "bad merchandise, easy to sing, and only sold to fools at a high price", but considers them to be "harmful", "simple music and brain damaging", "a representation of the lack of musical culture in society" and "a fad that is poised to vanish in the future".[8]

:obviously:

Curratum

I just got a Logitech G29 wheel - wanted to get a Thrustmaster T300GT but everything in this country is so unbelievably expensive and the T300 was more than double the price.

Anyway I got a bunch of driving games to test it out (Assetto Corsa, Grid 2019, Gran Turismo 7, F1 2020, you name it) and my favourite of the bunch is, by FAR... American Truck Simulator (is there a dedicated thread?)

Not in a million years did I expect to be interested in a game like this. It's uncanny. Driving through the night in Oregon listening to Boards of Canada to deliver some cargo is just unbelievably relaxing. The physics are pretty good and even the G29 manages to feel great in this game, with subtle force feedback cues from the road and even the truck's engine.

You need to friend me on Steam, mate. I got F1 2019, assetto Corsa, euro and American truck, project cars 2, wrc 7+9+10. We can play multi in all of those.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Are you me? I literally got a G29 yesterday too. Tried out Assetto Corsa, Automobilista 2, F1 2021 and Forza Horizon 5, unsurprisingly FH5 feels the worst because its slippery handling is obviously designed for controller, if anyone has a good setting for it let me know. F1 2021 is the most plug-and-play, while AMS2's handing feels the best so far.

Still have ATS, ETS2 and Project CARS 2 to try out. I can imagine the slow-paced open-world trucking games on wheel are more appealing to filthy casuls like me.

Last edited:

Curratum

Psssst, if anyone gets into Assetto Corsa more, drop a PM so I can hook you up with the good stuff...

:martini:

Curratum

Sukhāvatī

BwyGyRC.jpg

5tTJc1U.jpg

z3CEkWn.jpg

I mean, why spend hundreds of hours finding the good-looking, well-working tracks and the quality cars with good physics, when I've already done it for you and can hook it right up your vein...

Are you me? I literally got a G29 yesterday too. Tried out Assetto Corsa, Automobilista 2, F1 2021 and Forza Horizon 5, unsurprisingly FH5 feels the worst because its slippery handling is obviously designed for controller, if anyone has a good setting for it let me know. F1 2021 is the most plug-and-play, while AMS2's handing feels the best so far.

Still have ATS, ETS2 and Project CARS 2 to try out. I can imagine the slow-paced open-world trucking games on wheel are more appealing to filthy casuls like me.
Against my better judgement, I already ordered a T300 and will be selling my G29 as soon as possible. I've been bitten pretty badly by the bug. I didn't try F1 2021, but 2020 is really great (I suck at it). The consoley stuff (Forza Horizon, Dirt 5, etc.) feels pretty terrible to play on the wheel tbh. A very interesting "game" is BeamNG.drive, more of a sandbox really but the physics model is very advanced. It's still very rough as it's only in Alpha, but I definitely recommend giving it a try. Plays pretty well on the G29 too. Another one I tried that I really liked was Snowrunner.

Here's a page that really helped me set up my G29 across all these different games. The guy has pretty detailed write-ups for each, and for other wheel models too. https://www.briankoponen.com/simracing.html

His settings are great to use as a base - I've tweaked some of them around, but usually he's right on the money. The main concern with the G29 is avoiding "clipping" at high FFB levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom