Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Every single issue of Computer Gaming World up for download

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In entirely unrelated news, "not sure if monocle" google image search yielded this:

bear-with-monocle-riding-abraham-lincoln-shooting-lasers-from-his-eyes1.png

Now there's Codexian Propaganda poster material if I ever saw it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I had a subscription to Joystick. When that particular issue arrived, my parents tore the "disturbing" pages and told me to warn them when this happened again.

Yeah, right.

:baby:

edit : my god, how many of us are French here ?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Belgian but still read the Joystick of a friend. He also got a few picture removed from each issue, usually pages detailling Japanese games like Dragon Knight. I remember that another French rag about Sega consoles (Megaforce, while the Nintendo counterpart from the same house was called Superpower) included a booklet in its latest issues about anime, and of course that also meant hentai. Luckily my parents never bother to look into what I'd read. Good times.

My best memories of Joystick though are their stupid videos included on their CD's. On the subject, I still fondly remembers the CD's full of game demos of which only 1/4 agreed to run.

Repressed Homosexual
It really depresses me reading these. I'd give anything to go back to 1997-1998, when PC games were booming, 3D acceleration was getting popular, CD-ROM was starting to get used really well, and there was immense variety and richness across all genres.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom