Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Exclusive first look at the future of Total War" - July 6/7th

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As a Total War fan more than an RPG fan I'm quite excited for ROME 2. I find the Total War series far superior than Most other strategy games due to the tactical nature of battles and less pressure for overland strategy like say, Crusader Kings. Formulating grand strategies against terrible AI (you have to treat the entire map as enemies, you can't even make solid alliances no matter how hard you try, and I have tried and tried) is rather burdensome. :smug:

I've never played Shogun 2 so I don't know if they've improved the AI since the abysmal Medieval 2.

Shogun 2 is probably the best in the series. Although the campaign AI still isn't great. And at some point in the main campaign the entire map WILL be your enemies. Once you control enough provinces or eliminate enough factions, the shogun gets all butthurt and everyone declares all-out war on you, even your close allies who you had great relations with. It's similar to what happens in Civ if you use a nuke. Then of course your economy tanks since you instantly lose all trading partners etc. Pretty stupid mechanic actually.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
The idea of the mechanic is to prevent the game from getting to easy in it's later stages. It's a good idea but could have had a better execution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom