Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Rome Released

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Eh...When will deniggerization mod come out? With it installed, and when you feel more like Legatus of Roman Legion instead of NBA coach, this game might be ok. Also, Cleopatra's tiddies are nice (to) touch

Yannos

Educated
It would suck that this is indeed their swan-song game since I'm having a blast with it. The combat is fun and bloody and the graphics are pretty good. I especially like the mechanic where killing lower tier enemies (militia or civilians) restores action-points so you can attack again during the same turn. Really gives you the feeling of cutting through a bunch of mooks with a gang of well trained killers. I also like that it's there isn't a set turn order. So you can spend a few movement or action points, switch to another guy to do some stuff and then go back to the first guy to do some more actions. Feels pretty fluid and fast that way.

It takes a while to finish as well, just reached the last chapter (Gaul) and I'm about 27 hours in. (Edit: took 32 hours in total)
It does seem that they are still supporting it with pretty big patches. There's one upcoming that changes around the Legion battles (which is a weak point right now) so it appears that they didn't all fuck off to that shitty NFT company.

I think the wokeness of this game is pretty overblown in this thread though. I mean yeah, the character portraits for the non-white hirable companions look weird (what's up with the hairstyle?) but the inclusion doesn't bother me that much since you don't have to hire them and they don't play an active role in the game (they are just generic mercs).
And this this is coming from someone who gets annoyed by shit like the overly queerness of the Pathinder:WOTR opening chapters and casting in stuff like that 'Anne Boleyn' TV series or the Witcher (the super diverse population of Blaviken is hilarious). But here it doesn't seen too far fetched. The A-historical nature doesn't matter much either. From the outset it's clear that this is a fictional tale in an historic setting. At least give the demo a try I'd say.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom