Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking, the sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Trading gaming's most underused setting for the game's most overused setting.

Nice.
Expiditions: Modern Warfare

Jesus christ, who the hell hired that woman to narrate,it's like she doesn't have any teeth in front or she must have the biggest gap known to world...

I guess we know who Captain Boreales great-great-great-[...]-grandmother is now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Looks and sounds like

Expeditions: Banner Saga
God I hope not. Last Expeditions game was way better than that crap called Banner Saga.
Nah, Banner Saga did everything Expeditions did better in every way possible. Only the exploring part was missing, which was really cool in Expeditions. So suck it.
LOL?! Turn Based combat was worse in BS. Basically no proper character development system. Resource system was stupid in BS, you could get to 0 resources, everyone would die and the game would continue and act like everyone is not dead.
And then the so called C&C in BS was pure bullshit, it was a guessing game. Fuck guessing games. And it had 0 exploration, very short game and stupid story.
It was one of the worst game I played. Only a fairly interesting combat system made it playable for few hours before I uninstalled it.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks and sounds like

God I hope not. Last Expeditions game was way better than that crap called Banner Saga.
Only the exploring part was missing, which was really cool in Expeditions. So suck it.

I hated the overworld exploration in Expeditions. It was so tedious to get from point A to B and didn't add anything. There wasn't even that much to explore, it was just fucking busywork. Took me a few hours 'exploring' the first Island to realize there is just nothing there at all.

I'd much rather they just had a map mode with spots of interest like Blackguards or automated movement like Banner Saga. They could combine that with branching paths in order to keep the 'expedition feel'. Tactical combat, atmosphere, CYOA parts were bredy gud, exploration was a chore.

ArchAngel

Arcane
WTF, there was a lot of places to find outside the first island (which is just a tutorial area). And lots of goodies to get on the way and enemies to fight. I guess it comes down to people that enjoy HOMM system and those that don't

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks and sounds like

Nah, Banner Saga did everything Expeditions did better in every way possible. Only the exploring part was missing, which was really cool in Expeditions. So suck it.
LOL?! Turn Based combat was worse in BS. Basically no proper character development system. Resource system was stupid in BS, you could get to 0 resources, everyone would die and the game would continue and act like everyone is not dead.
And then the so called C&C in BS was pure bullshit, it was a guessing game. Fuck guessing games. And it had 0 exploration, very short game and stupid story.
It was one of the worst game I played. Only a fairly interesting combat system made it playable for few hours before I uninstalled it.

I found the combat in BS much more thoughtful than in Expeditions. Which makes sense if you think that it has also a multiplayer part which means more balanced combat. Not saying that Expeditions was bad in that aspect, just felt a bit lacking in some points I guess.
BS had though more interesting setting(for me), characters, story, ART, music

I did like the exploration part in Expeditions though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Expeditions had battlefield setup, it had different battlefields, and different weapons. Also the turn based system was more standard, I didn't like how BS had health and damage as one stat and how less troops you had enemy troops got to act more often. It was so gamey and bullshit.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
WTF, there was a lot of places to find outside the first island (which is just a tutorial area). And lots of goodies to get on the way and enemies to fight.

A lot of places like what? Little piles of stone that glow white and give you minor xp? On the main island I can think of maybe five places of interest outside of the main story, I don't think that makes the tedious crawling over the overworld worth it. Might as well just scrap that feature and send me to the points of interest right away. Finished this game soley because I liked the combat.

It was also a bad decision to have no points of interest whatsoever on the tutorial island. I wasted a lot of precious lifetime exploring that one until I realized its pointless.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I found the combat in BS much more thoughtful than in Expeditions. Which makes sense if you think that it has also a multiplayer part which means more balanced combat.
:balance:
Hahahaha BALAAANCEEE
No seriously tho, it was "balanced" in the board game kind of way.

And seriously number 2, I liked both games quite a lot, just Banner Saga left me a better...aftertaste or sth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom