Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fall query dance on GGMania

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fall: Last Days of Gaia; Silver Style

<b>Carsten Strehse</b>, big guy working on <a href="http://www.the-fall.com/">The Fall</a>, has been <A href="http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5585">interviewed</a> by <A href="http://www.ggmania.com">GGMania</a> about said post apocalyptic role-playing, hole diggin', tank drivin' CRPG. Here's a bit about that:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>GGMania: What other gameplay elements does the game have?
<br>
<br>
Carsten Strehse:</b> Everything the role-playing gamer wants to see: More than 1000 NPCs with their own behaviour, lifestyle and dialogues. day- and night-cycle with affects on sight and battles, possibilities of interaction with the environment such as digging for water, hunting and gutting animals, more than 300 different weapons, armor and other items and a lot of other stuff. It would be too much for this interview. A special feature is the use of vehicles. The player can drive pick-ups, buggies or even a tank.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<b>Two words:</b> <i>Diplomacy skill(s)</i>
<br>
<br>
Spotted this on <a href="Http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Speak softly and drive a big tank?

The main reason I'd like diplomacy skills is what if I just don't want to use the tank? What if I want to see how differently I can handle a situation from game to game? What if, the second or third time through, I get bored with one particular combat area?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Is it just me, or is there a huuuge trend of "ripping off" the Fallout Franchise? It seems to me there´s a new game that seems heavily influenced by it announced every week. Maybe I´m a bigot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Whipporowill said:
Is it just me, or is there a huuuge trend of "ripping off" the Fallout Franchise? It seems to me there´s a new game that seems heavily influenced by it announced every week. Maybe I´m a bigot

I'd rather ask, Why didn't this happen sooner? than, Why are people ripping off Fallout? considering the popularity of the games themselves.

chiefnewo

Liturgist
Barghest said:
Who needs Diplomacy, when you can drive a Tank?

You need diplomacy to convince the guy with the bigger tank not to crush yours into scrap metal. Or you could use the threat of your tank to avoid battles like Role-Player suggested. Or you need to actually get something from the people in front of you that would be destroyed if you ran over them. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom