Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 in 6 Hours or Less

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout 3

IGN managed to snag <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/914/914086p1.html">six hours of alone time</a> with <b><a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html">Fallout 3</a></b>, exploring the southern region.
<br>
<blockquote>Washington DC is barely more than a pile of rocks in Fallout 3. Bombed out buildings house snipers that make your life hell and many of the roads are blocked off by rubble. The easiest way to get around in most cases is to use the subway tunnels. Of course, then you'll have to deal with the aforementioned ghouls. The outdoor area is home to numerous super mutants, massive hulking enemies that don't take kindly to humans. I'm sure there's some reward to exploring the area since a number of famous buildings and structures are still intact, but I barely lasted long enough to duck into Rivet City.
<br>
<br>
Rivet City is an entire living complex built into the heart of a grounded aircraft carrier. It's got everything from a marketplace (where I found the Fat Boy nuke launcher for the first time) to a chapel and more. I only explored the city for about 30 minutes, but I was still able to find a good number of side quests. None were cooler than the one I found that involved the retrieval of the Declaration of Independence. America may have crumbled in the nuclear war, but that doesn't mean your patriotism had to.</blockquote>
<br>
Pros:
<br>
-some areas almost too dangerous for the player
<br>
-city built in an aircraft carrier
<br>
<br>
Cons:
<br>
-ridiculously powerful uberweapon found at a marketplace within a few hours of playing
<br>
-feral ghouls
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/">RPGWatch</A>
<br>

WhiskyWolf

Novice
Cloaked Figure said:
I seriously have mixed feelings about this game. I know it sounds lame, but I don't think it's going to be THAT bad, compared to the other stuff we've gotten recently.
I have to agree with you, this game may have some flows, no game is perfect. I have a feeling that Fallout 3 will turn up to be great.

God

Augur
He saw the Codex, and he saw that it was good.

And then He looked upon WhiskyWolf and Cloaked Figure, and He saw that it was bad. So very, very bad. Then there came a sound. Distant at first, it grew into a castrophany so immense that it could be heard far away in space. "DO. NOT. WANT." There were no screams, there was no time. The one called God had spoken. There was only fire. And then, nothing.

Pastel

Scholar
So is this really God or is it just someone posting with His name?
DU or KC do an IP check.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
You do realize that whoever's alt God is, is God. Right? And he'll totally get biblical on your ass.

About Fallout 3... hey, funny thing: it still sounds like Oblivion.

Dandelion

Novice
God said:
He saw the Codex, and he saw that it was good.

And then He looked upon WhiskyWolf and Cloaked Figure, and He saw that it was bad. So very, very bad. Then there came a sound. Distant at first, it grew into a castrophany so immense that it could be heard far away in space. "DO. NOT. WANT." There were no screams, there was no time. The one called God had spoken. There was only fire. And then, nothing.
Pastel said:
So if this really God or is it just someone posting with His name?
DU or KC do an IP check.
:lol: omg I love this forum

Pastel

Scholar
Andyman Messiah said:
You do realize that whoever's alt God is, is God. Right? And he'll totally get biblical on your ass.
Why? It could be just an account bearing His name, while being controlled by a human.
Think about it - why would He only reply to a post after it was posted? The real God is not limited by causality.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Pastel said:
DU or KC do an IP check.
BTW, what IP does God have?

God works in mysterious ways, my child. Do not try to analyze everything. Just know that he has love for all and that you need give your love in return.

Pastel

Scholar
So if we go by the Bible, are the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost just alts of each other?

Seboss

Liturgist
WhiskeyWolf said:
Pastel said:
DU or KC do an IP check.
255.255.255.255 of course. The ultimate broadcast address. He is everywhere.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Saints are walking the streets of Codexia and God himself talks to its people - truly the <s>lhc</s> end is nigh!

Pastel

Scholar
WhiskeyWolf said:
Pastel said:
DU or KC do an IP check.
Theologically, I think God ought to have the IP 127.0.0.1. God exists in each and every one of us.

skyway said:
Saints are walking the streets of Codexia and God himself talks to its people - truly the <s>lhc</s> end is nigh!
I sense you are a good man, Skyway. Keep God in your thoughts and prayers always and his blessings shall take you far in life.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Kingston said:
(Interesting side note: If you make it to the edge of the map, an invisible wall exists and text pops up telling you to turn back. )

Well, that makes sense.

I'm sure there are a few invisible walls in and around the middle of the map as well, just like in Oblivion, so don't worry about it. What I don't get is why it's text saying "You cannot go there. Go back." when it could have been the voice of a famous B-movie actor giving the God impression his best. "Fool! These lands are not for the like of thee! Turn back, lest I shall be forced to smite you!" or some shit like that. Alot more immersive and you don't have to slow your pace down to read.

Also, speaking of the old fart, I like how you guys are starting to get along with God. It didn't look like it was mean't to be at first, but now he's just one of those "personalities" you hear so much about on "less popular" forums. :che:

DefJam101

Arcane
baby arm said:
None were cooler than the one I found that involved the retrieval of the Declaration of Independence. America may have crumbled in the nuclear war, but that doesn't mean your patriotism had to.

The fuck?

God

Augur
Fetching the Articles of Confederation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom