Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fallout 3 lead character artist interview

MetalCraze

Arcane
Could you, please write using generic colors?
and don't put your fucking nickname below your posts.

it looks so retarded.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Noctis said:
My worry is that if Beth defends cross-site trolling in such a fashion, then they might try to use it as a PR weapon against the original Fallout community and the Codex to damage our credibility. If Beth is capable of such complex behavior, that is.

Honestly, I didn't believe Pete when he said that they've all played Fallout and are OMGosh big 1337 Fallou7 f4nz! And is it me or do they all only deal with the minor, secondary matters of game development?

- Noctis

That red color on the grey forum boards fucking hurts my eyes. Also, why do you use two different colors in one post?

This is simply retarded and the behaviour of stupid teenie fanbois.

Nameless0ne

Novice
I wonder as to why would it be so difficult for Beth guys to play through both Fallout games???? How can these people work on the sequel without even playing the original!!!??

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I remember Oblivion very fondly. The dialogue in Oblivion was superb and extremely rich, almost on the level of Planescape Torment. And the choices and consequences were there. Will you use magic? Will you use a sword? Will you decline a quest?

I'm sorry that you feel Oblivion was a pile of crap. I personally believe Oblivion is mandatory for every RPG gamer.

Which Dumbfuck am I referring to?

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
I remember Oblivion very fondly. The dialogue in Oblivion was superb and extremely rich, almost on the level of Planescape Torment. And the choices and consequences were there. Will you use magic? Will you use a sword? Will you decline a quest?

My word, who the hell said that?

While I don't think it is mandatory for a game artist working on a sequel to have played the game, hopefully they got art/introductionary courses? Thats what happens on a brand new game too. The artists get details about style, theme, colour palettes, etc. A good, versatile artist with a broad art background will pick up on that and run with it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
My word, who the hell said that?

He did.

*sarcasm detection skill check failed*

I wonder as to why would it be so difficult for Beth guys to play through both Fallout games???? How can these people work on the sequel without even playing the original!!!??

Will you make a sequel to a game you never played and never even heard of it (thus not having any 'intimate relationship' with it) if I will give you lotsa $$$, chicks, cars and booze?

Bethesda is famous for hiring industry noobs or maybe even gaming noobs, maybe its their development secret to appeal all those casual gamers, simply by hiring casual gamers.

Edit: i also fear that the many women(i don`t know exactly how many are there) in the FO3 dev team will make Fallout look soft and weak. They shouldn`t be doing stuff like environment, they add a lot of cute things, which look just "faget" to us, mostly here wouldn`t even notice, i guess, but i see those things and i don`t like them. I`d like to know whos responsible for all the shiny graphics effects.

Morbus

Scholar
Hey asses! Just fucking select the text and read it and stop complaining! Cheese...

:EDIT:

Huh, about the guys on the top of the page...

psycojester

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Noctis said:
My worry is that if Beth defends cross-site trolling in such a fashion, then they might try to use it as a PR weapon against the original Fallout community and the Codex to damage our credibility. If Beth is capable of such complex behavior, that is.

Honestly, I didn't believe Pete when he said that they've all played Fallout and are OMGosh big 1337 Fallou7 f4nz! And is it me or do they all only deal with the minor, secondary matters of game development?

- Noctis

That red color on the grey forum boards fucking hurts my eyes. Also, why do you use two different colors in one post?

This is simply retarded and the behaviour of stupid teenie fanbois.

You know i've always thought of the codex as a grayish blue.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
skyway said:

Will you make a sequel to a game you never played and never even heard of it (thus not having any 'intimate relationship' with it) if I will give you lotsa $$$, chicks, cars and booze?

I would, for sure. But I would also play the games then, because playing them makes me know more about their gameplay and their story/world. If somebody told me "Hey, there was this awesome game called Krutznyksi 2, we should make a sequel about it." I'd go and get that fucking game and play it, at least as long until I know the basics of what made the game so special. Else I wouldn't know how to catch the spirit of the original game and just make something completely unrelated.

Basically, that's what Bethesda do.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'd go and get that fucking game and play it, at least as long until I know the basics of what made the game so special. Else I wouldn't know how to catch the spirit of the original game and just make something completely unrelated.

that's what differs us humans from retards.

Edit: i also fear that the many women(i don`t know exactly how many are there) in the FO3 dev team will make Fallout look soft and weak.

Muties picking up flowers in fallout3?
you don't say.

edit

Edit: i also fear that the many women(i don`t know exactly how many are there) in the FO3 dev team will make Fallout look soft and weak.

like this?

3eba6e7fa441.jpg

hakuroshi

Augur
skyway said:
Muties picking up flowers in fallout3?
you don't say.

Why not? Cute, lovely carnivorous flowers.
I will buy the game if it will be the biggest problem.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Some person under nickname "Pete" commented this
Pete Hines said:
"Internally, we’re a bunch of Fallout geeks. There is nobody [here] who hasn’t played that game and enjoyed it."
with following:
Pete said:
Sorry, I made a general comment based on all the folks on the team I talk to on a regular basis in some way, shape, or form. I had not polled every single person on the team to see if they had all, in fact, played both games, or how much, etc. Sorry if you felt misled, that was not my intention.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Is that concept art straight from Bethesda?

looks like. It has bloom.. so you're definitely right.

Sorry, I made a general comment based on all the folks on the team I talk to on a regular basis in some way, shape, or form. I had not polled every single person on the team to see if they had all, in fact, played both games, or how much, etc. Sorry if you felt misled, that was not my intention.

Well, how about firing somebody then?

edit> wait a sec! Did he just said that as being one of the main guys at Bethesda he does not talk to their LEAD ARTISTS and does not care about shit they're doing?

MetalCraze

Arcane
TNP said:
In the US, there are a few big companies that control the visual media. As an example that i'm sure many of us with children have noticed is Disney. Now, you look at snow white. When it was drawn, snow white was feminine, but not overtly. If you look at the female characters now, such as in aladin, you see the breasts insanly out of proportion with quite the hips, and in my mind that is the attempt to oversex, subtly, kids so as to get them pre-occupied with sex. I may be going out on a limb here, but enticing them to see a real woman, 'know' her, get her pregnant and be tied down by familial responsibility and thus unable to challenge the jewish control of damn near everything. like i said, out on a limb but then again the jews are thinking like a chess player, planning many moves ahead, rather than most people thinking along the lines of checkers, take the opponents pieces and get to the other side.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! O_o

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom