Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout 3 - that's some funny violence!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Kreia, err, Kotor 2 is full of nicely written twists and turns. Also, Volourn can say what he wants, I think Kreia is -the- best NPC ever, bar none.

That said, it's still not a good -game-. Unlike PS:T you're forced to fight hordes of enemies 24/7, without any challenge in the fights too. The only reason to play Kotor 2 is Kreia and the semi-black/white universe it paints, with interesting characters like Kreia, Atris or the Exile.

They should have made it a book instead!

Bradylama said:
Really? Because I thought one of the coolest things was how you could choose whether Revan was male/female and light/dark and have it make a pretty big impact on the story. That's some decent scripting right there.

Isn't that basically what I said?

Oh. I thought you had meant that it was just cool that it was based off a dark ending to the first one. My mistake.

bryce77

Scholar
Yeah, Kreia was definitely Avellone's best work since Torment. He was decidedly... less inspired with what he did in NWN2.

zomg conspiracy theory: do u guys think the excessive time he's spent playing WoW affected his skills when it came time to work on NWN2?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yes they did. The heads of Black Isle Studios were the ones who formed Obsidian Entertainment."

BIS does not eqaul Obsidian. Period.

As for Kreia, she is an okay character but so overrated. She was sorely one dimensional.

"I hate the force! LAWRR!" *yawn*

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Fallout 3 is sounding worse and worse. How are other potential RPGs doing? All I've seen lately is Fallout 3 news. :?

jiujitsu said:
Fallout 3 is sounding worse and worse. How are other potential RPGs doing? All I've seen lately is Fallout 3 news. :?

Age of Decadence is coming along nicely.

The Witcher looks good enough. I like how everything has a consequence, although it might just be Diablo with some minor story branching. Hopefully not though.

Mass Effect could be decent enough. At least good for laughs and slightly better than your garden variety shooter, even though it isn't "supposed" to be one.

The Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion looks pretty much like a hack and slash.

Sellout: PoS 2 still sucks.

bryce77

Scholar
Upcoming RPG's that look great:

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (the first official expansion pack)

Planescape: Purgatorio (a single-player module for Neverwinter Nights 2)

Age of Decadence (for whenever it comes out)

The Witcher (looks like awesome-sauce)

Persona 3 (a continuation for one of the best JRPG series around)

Dragon Quest 9 for the Nintendo DS (same as above)

Final Fantasy IV remake for the Nintendo DS (ah, sweet polygons)

Lost Oddyssey for the Xbox 360

Crysis lewl

M0RBUS

Augur
Crysis looks great. I'd sooner buy it than buy FO3... At least it assumes what it is: an FPS, and looking at Far Cry, it's probably going to be great.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I always thought Crysis looked like a very promising game, but I've never got interested in it, mainly because my computer could never run such a graphical powerhouse.

sabishii

Arbiter
I was going to mention how there are tons of violent movies that aren't hilariously funny...

But then I remember when I watched the new Die Hard movie and everybody in the theater kept on cracking up EVERY SINGLE TIME a car flew through the air and Bruce Willis and his sidekick dodged it. Maybe society evolved and forgot about me (us?).

Lurkar

Scholar
sabishii said:
I was going to mention how there are tons of violent movies that aren't hilariously funny...

But then I remember when I watched the new Die Hard movie and everybody in the theater kept on cracking up EVERY SINGLE TIME a car flew through the air and Bruce Willis and his sidekick dodged it. Maybe society evolved and forgot about me (us?).

DEvolved. Society DEvolved.

Rei

Novice
roshan said:
bozia2012 said:
LONG LIVE THE NEW FLASH!

This is retarded.

PS ATM I'm trying to replay NWN2 but the script and the characters are goddamn stupid and naive.... I can't belive the same people created FO and PS:T and this turd...

NWN2 is a piece of shit.

In what sense?

M0RBUS

Augur
NWN2 sucks because it's an hack and slash game. Point done. It has some nice things, and maybe a nice atmosphere (even if generic) but that's all. And since hack and slash games are pieces of shit, NWN2 is a piece of shit with some strawberries scattered over it... Don't eat the strawberries though, they taste like shit.

fastpunk

Arbiter
M0RBUS said:
NWN2 sucks because it's an hack and slash game. Point done. It has some nice things, and maybe a nice atmosphere (even if generic) but that's all. And since hack and slash games are pieces of shit, NWN2 is a piece of shit with some strawberries scattered over it... Don't eat the strawberries though, they taste like shit.

Out of curiosity, how would you describe NWN1?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
fastpunk said:
M0RBUS said:

Out of curiosity, how would you describe NWN1?

No strawberries. Just shit all over :lol:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
KOTOR2 is technically a ripoff of PS:T - and this makes it a great game.
BUT only for one playthrough - to *know* the story and the characters.

NWN2 OC is also made for one playthrough. Just thinking about the first chapter makes me quiver. Funny thing is that you can slit the throats of your homies during the duergar attack but you can't tell Neeshka and Khelgar to fuck off. Because you gotta have a ROUGE and a FIGHTAR in your company...

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I have basically given up reading Fallout: PoS 2 (vulgo: Fallout 3) previews... They're either written by a bunch of teenagers or brain-dead "journalists" bribed by bobble head figurines...

Bethesda's quotes clearly show the approach they took to this game. And the "upgraded dialogue system" sounds incredible beyond belief. A perfect game for everyone but Fallout fans and RPG gamers. :?

Shannow

Waster of Time
sabishii said:

In case you missed it. (Some codexers have been alluding to it quite often and I think I first heard about it here.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fAYnc_-ddlw

User was nabbed fit

If development of Fallout 3 continues sailing on this course – 2008 could prove to be an Epic year for RPG fans.

Epic failure, amirite?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom