Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

1, 2. Revolver has been iconic for FNV since day one, rifle is for chumps.

Aoyagi

Scholar
While the rifle featured as the first weapon in the reveal trailer and in the intro wasn't?

Revolvers are for brahminboys and can't even one-hit a deathclaw. A fashion accessory.

Which is why I've always kept several in my pockets.

Jozoz

Prophet
Even Operation Anchorage is better than Fallout PoS and that's saying a lot.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
4NbmOCd.png
The ending sequence is a bit of trick as well.

Vloggifyer 2 days ago
My game had a truly spectacular bug where an enclave soldier was also in the room, stood between my & the slide show, & just stared at me for the entire section.

Last edited:

pippin

If I remember correctly, the endings are like an actual slideshow presentation, which has your character in a a dark room watching the ending slides. That's why you still receive the Vault 13 Canteen messages and etc.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

lol at that part at the beginning where he BS'd about pictures of computer panels. Any new news, men?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
fallout%20anthology%202.jpg

There’s even a disc space reserved for Fallout 4!
Does that mean that Fallout 4 will be the last in the series?
Thank God!

Lemming42

Arcane
I'll probably end up buying that on impulse, just like the Elder Scrolls Anthology and the F3/NV collectors editions.

It's complete bullshit that it doesn't include Fo4, though, because it'll be made outdated pretty much the instant it comes out.

Mech

Cipher
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...w-fallout-4-details-emerge-from-quakecon.aspx

First up is the news that Fallout 4 will include 12 companions who can join you on your journey. You can even romance them, regardless of their gender.

Are you fucking kidding me? A focus on "emotional narrative", dialogue wheel (square?), full voice-acting, and now romances? They've gone full BioWare.

Even better:
In addition, Howard discussed the naming of your character, and proclaimed that they've selected over 1,000 names that include both common real names as well as names that Bethesda believes its player may use, even in jest. By way of example, Howard proclaims that if you want to call your character F---face, that option is available to you, and the game will use that name in dialogue and conversations.
Game of the year innovation right there. :incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Naming your character is too hardcore for modern audiences, so we streamlined character naming.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
When the game comes out, someone please dump the list of names from the data files.
I want to do a dramatic reading of all 1000. It'll be more damning than any review could possibly be of this shit show.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Naming your character is too hardcore for modern audiences, so we streamlined character naming.
It actually worked well for mass effect and the Witcher, tho both went about it in different ways.

Having characters react to your last name in Fallout 4 would be a better system than having countless recorded names, while still allowing the freedom to have user input on the first name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom