Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
MCA engaged

13306.png

13307.png

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Subtle.

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Eurogamer blurb speculates that it will have a voiced main character.

The leak thing we had suggested it would be the player characters that did the "war never changes" speech at the beginning. Although with Perlman giving a wink wink nudge nudge "I can't say anything about Fallout 4" reply, that might have changed especially since I think earlier he said he wasn't in Fallout 4.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I sure as shit hope not. More often than not voiced protagonists detract from the game, and the only way I can take Bethesda writing sem-serious is if I imagine the protagonist says everything really sarcastically or super ironically.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Any chance this runs on CryEngine? Would be pretty damn cool.

:troll:

Can't wait for the inevitable Fallout 4 megathread. :avatard:

Athelas

Arcane

I sure as shit hope not. More often than not voiced protagonists detract from the game, and the only way I can take Bethesda writing sem-serious is if I imagine the protagonist says everything really sarcastically or super ironically.
It was inevitable. Bethesda games were somewhat of an anomaly in the AAA scene, where everything has been fully-voiced for years.

Disgruntled

Savant
Im curious simply because this one is dumbed down for the current generation of consoles instead of the last.
Lets see how much streamlining they can do away with.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So the hope finally dies, it's being developed by Bethesda...

JjIafnH.gif

If anyone was honestly expecting anything else, they deserve to get disappointed. Be happy if Obsidian gets to do another sidequel, that's the best you can hope for.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Man am I glad that the Kickstarter incline happened. No game ever pissed me off more than Fallout 3. This time around I'm almost completely calm.<3 Fuck Fallout 4, FUCK IT!

GrainWetski

Arcane
Im curious simply because this one is dumbed down for the current generation of consoles instead of the last.
Lets see how much streamlining they can do away with.
Are you not familiar with Bethesda? They're going to streamline everything even more.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Fallout subforum soon.

Well, we do have a twitcher subforum already so I don't see why not.

Maybe we could even make a single subforum for twitcher and fo4, for maximum popamole.

Considering the InXile subforum, isn't it more along the line of proper precedent there be a Bethesda forum? You could also throw all the skyrim and oblivion crap in it as well.

Disgruntled

Savant
Are you not familiar with Bethesda? They're going to streamline everything even more.

A sight to behold if they can get away with it. Just make one giant empty desert with no rpg system and watch if it beats Skyrim sales.

"Mods will fix it."
"DLC for the consoles."

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

A voiced main character also makes it pretty much impossible for modders to add new dialogue that doesn't seem out of place. Voiced NPCs are enough of a hurdle, a voiced PC is cancer for quest mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom