Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I'm not saying the story was good, I'm surprised there are storyfags in the rts genre.

It's actually my main problem with them these days. I liked a lot of the stages, set pieces and gimmicks in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm but then a cut scene fires up and my eyes start trying to roll out of my head.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
It's actually my main problem with them these days. I liked a lot of the stages, set pieces and gimmicks in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm but then a cut scene fires up and my eyes start trying to roll out of my head.

Really? I thought the exact opposite. The story is pretty good for what it is, the campaign missions were a load of bollocks.

I really despise Blizzard's current approach of treating the campaign as strictly tutorial, especially since it makes no sense 'cos HotS was released long after everyone already knew Zerg mechanics, and the single player dropped the macro mechanics anyway. It really pisses me off they never give you set piece battles with all the toys available any more. For example. WoL never gives you any opportunity to use battlecruisers except the one mission where they're introduced. Every mission just involves building the one unit they're introducing in that mission.

Even the scenarios with unique rules aren't as interesting as their Warcraft 3 equivalents. (WoL's Char holdout mission vs. Mount Hyjal, or collecting crystals on the lava planet vs. collecting lumber in Ashenvale.) The work they put in to the AI also sucks, especially considering some of the improved AI mods fans have produced. The way harder difficulties work was excusable in Starcraft 1 when people were playing on Pentium 90s, it's inexcusable now. Playing against the cheating motherfucker AI on the hardest difficulties is a miserable experience. The whole thing makes me pine for some good old fashioned gold mine races like from Warcraft 2.

Sykar

Arcane
Typical excuses for the hot messes Bethderp produces by the average drooling Bethdrone:

"I don't get why everyone in the comments is like "So many problems and it still gets a 9? Are you kidding me!!??111"
The reviews mentioned only 4 small problems.

1. Glitches. Those can be fixed easily. The game just launched, so I'm sure patches are coming soon.

2. Poor AI. Yes, the AI is terrible, but who even cares at this point? Bethesda always had terrible AI. I mean, it's not like enemies are unbeatable without them. At least your companions can shoot 'em.

3. Not much has changed. Does it mean bad? No.

4. Ugly graphics. Huh? It looks fine to me. A lot of colour and detail to the gore. It almost looks cartoony at some places, which gives it a little bit of uniqueness. I do agree about the character models and mouth movements, though. Shit's ugly.

So yeah, I don't get the amount of negativity in the comments. The positives oveweigh the negatives by a long shot. But this is Internet. It can only get worse and worse."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhpUNNPhToE&google_comment_id=z124yt0wwkb5u1fw004cfz2p0kmgwn0p0kw0k

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
More Fargo on Fallout 4.

Strong connection? The same type of strong connection George Lucas feels for Indina Jones?

indianasp.jpg

Adon

Arcane
4. Ugly graphics. Huh? It looks fine to me. A lot of colour and detail to the gore. It almost looks cartoony at some places, which gives it a little bit of uniqueness. I do agree about the character models and mouth movements, though. Shit's ugly.

:retarded:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Ok so.. the graphics are pretty decent.. shitty from what you would expect but still decent enough. character faces fucking bad, animations bad, textures some good most shit.. but i dunno.. graphics feels fine enough, whatever.

Actually liking the intro story so far.. expecting everything to turn to shit any second.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Ok so.. the graphics are pretty decent.. shitty from what you would expect but still decent enough. character faces fucking bad, animations bad, textures some good most shit.. but i dunno.. graphics feels fine enough, whatever.

Actually liking the intro story so far.. expecting everything to turn to shit any second.
I thought the character faces were p. good. Considering it's a Bethesda game.

Perkel

Arcane
Why play?

To find out personally it is shit and then spend 200h on nexus and play maybe 50 hours.
Also it is kind of required to play something to form an opinion which will be important later when for next few years we will be jumping on it.

Doma

Augur
How come I get a Power Armor and a minigun like 20 mins into the game? I am fighting raiders in loincloths and I am a walking tank. What the hell. This feels weird..

Sykar

Arcane
How come I get a Power Armor and a minigun like 20 mins into the game? I am fighting raiders in loincloths and I am a walking tank. What the hell. This feels weird..

Thats because Todd thinks you should be awesome at every moment of the game, just like he is:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom