Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Cael

Arcane
Treating your customers like shit have also spilled over to the indie-scene. Gaming has really turned into a cesspool unfortunately. The ones that actively try to keep the old style of relationship between devs and customers must be treasured.
It always amaze me that fanbois will utterly refuse to boycott developers who basically shovel shit down their throats and force them to swallow on pain of a kick to the nads. Instead, they will praise the developers and claim the shit tastes good. It is like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I can not tell you how much joy I get from:

- Watching Bethesduh shitting on customers this badly.

- Bethesduh having to deal with lawsuits.

- The raped Fallout franchise has finally mutated into a zombie.

May bankruptcy find Todd Howard.

Oracsbox

Todd+Howard+Fallout+4+Video+Game+Launch+Event+jMrRIdFYtEhl.jpg

Have these two got their other hands on each other's ass ?
Pete is the daddy

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Treating your customers like shit have also spilled over to the indie-scene. Gaming has really turned into a cesspool unfortunately. The ones that actively try to keep the old style of relationship between devs and customers must be treasured.
when? where?

Prime Junta

I watched a YouTube video about this.

Apart from all the rest of it, the game looks like absolute ass. Did Bethesda just forget how to make a game, not even a good game, just any kind of game?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
when? where?

Vince is one. And we got the Battle Brother devs, Atomboy devs to name some.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Apart from all the rest of it, the game looks like absolute ass. Did Bethesda just forget how to make a game, not even a good game, just any kind of game?

I mean, why would they spend money to make a game if they don't have to? Bethesda's been betting against the intelligence of their fanbase for years and it's paid off every single time until now. Sure, they pushed it too far this time, but how were they supposed to know where the line was with these people?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

My guess is that they have an A team, B team, and C team. C team was directed to reuse Fallout 4 and make a cash grab.

Another pessimistic consideration is that, so long as Fo76 turned a profit, C team accomplished its goals. It is not a failure, because people will still throw money at Elder Scrolls 6.

Squid

Arbiter
My guess is that they have an A team, B team, and C team. C team was directed to reuse Fallout 4 and make a cash grab.

Another pessimistic consideration is that, so long as Fo76 turned a profit, C team accomplished its goals. It is not a failure, because people will still throw money at Elder Scrolls 6.
You're probably right. Someone on Youtube thinks that the Battlecry Studio they turned into Bethesda was given the work done on Fallout 4 and told to make Fallout 76 while the normal A team and B team worked on The Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield. A bunch of people who have little to no experience with Creation engine turning an already buggy game built on top of other buggy games into an online game is a bad idea to begin with.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

You're probably right. Someone on Youtube thinks that the Battlecry Studio they turned into Bethesda was given the work done on Fallout 4 and told to make Fallout 76 while the normal A team and B team worked on The Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield. A bunch of people who have little to no experience with Creation engine turning an already buggy game built on top of other buggy games into an online game is a bad idea to begin with.
Most likely 100% the truth

Turjan

Arcane
Bullshit, what game did "team A" make then?
The A team is working on Starfield.

When Todd Howard mentioned how many studios worked together on Fallout 76, I had to think that he made the round asking for leftovers to make a quick buck.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane

Oracsbox

Todd+Howard+Fallout+4+Video+Game+Launch+Event+jMrRIdFYtEhl.jpg

Have these two got their other hands on each other's ass ?
Pete is the daddy

Actually has Pete got his hand up Todd's ass,this would explain a lot Todd being a ventriloquist dummy.The dead glassy eyes, being 4ft tall,only coming out his box for release dates.

ADL

Prophet
I'm glad people are getting what they paid for. They're only doing this because of the massive PR hit they received in addition to the fact that they'd get fucked in the ass by the FTC and a class action suit that they'd definitely lose.
I hope people aren't idiots and remember this going forward with all collector's editions because I guarantee we'll be seeing a *product may vary on the Starfield CE they put out in 2-3 years.

Also I think this is just going to cause everyone everywhere to be more vague in what they're selling because if Bethesda weren't so dumb and they left the material unspecified, they would've gotten away with their shitty ass nylon bag.

ZeniBot

Cipher

Watch people turn this into "see Bethesda were the good guys all along, everything was right with the world, quit complaining".
As long as people remember that Bethesda lies constantly about their games then we might be ok. But regardless you're going to see a lot of stupidity from people in the coming years, just a lot less than what we saw when Skyrim launched.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm amazed they are using the same shitty engine since Oblivion.

What a pile of shit.

An engine's an engine. In theory, one engine could be used to create quality games for decades, if it's a solid and versatile engine and you don't try to push it past its technical limits.

Trouble is, Gamebryo wasn't a solid and versatile engine in the first place. It was purpose-built to do certain things in a certain way at a certain juncture of computing technology. In every sense, it was the opposite of future-proof. Also, it wasn't that great at handling some tasks even when it was new; and they've pushed it far past its technical limits trying to keep up with the latest graphics technologies et al.

Black

Arcane

Watch people turn this into "see Bethesda were the good guys all along, everything was right with the world, quit complaining".
As long as people remember that Bethesda lies constantly about their games then we might be ok. But regardless you're going to see a lot of stupidity from people in the coming years, just a lot less than what we saw when Skyrim launched.

NOW

Modron

Arcane
I'm just glad giving a bunch of retards a different type of bag will solve all fallout 76's problems.
:bravo:
They were pretty shrewd with their time line as well they only have until the end of the next month to claim it and announced it on twitter where i bet not even 5% of the CE purchasers will see it let alone in time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom