Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
With Bethesda everyday is a day number woof. :shittydog:

This is the perfect theme:

Last edited:

Hines

Savant
dqpkDDE.png

juliushorst

Literate
Another very special development from Bethesda! Now people's private info has been leaked!
It's a feature. Now you can send legitemate death to people's homes when they piss you off in the game. What other PVP game allows this?
Star Wars was a dying thing until Zahn's books hit the shelves.

Splinter of the Mind's Eye was complete crap, and the comics didn't do that well either. The resurrected Emperor and World Devastators were so far out there that it was hilarious.

Then Zahn hit, and suddenly, the EU exploded. It was a great time for Star Wars, despite a few shits that were thrown in (Crystal Star, I am looking at you). And then the fucktards ran out of ideas and brought in the Yuzhang Von or whatever the fuck that race of masosadists were called and the brown matter hit the ventilation device. Everything since was crap, with all sorts of Mary Sues and emotards everywhere. And then, they introduced Episode 1-3 which were crap in terms of writing (dialogue, etc.), but not too bad otherwise. THEN, they sold to Disney. Oh, muh stronk wymmyn!

:timetoburn::timetoburn::timetoburn:
Traitor by Stover was a part of that Yuuzhan Vong series and I really liked it... I didn't really mind this series but it was rather chear the twist at the end wasn't planned from the beginning and was only something they came up when planning the last few books. What really disappointed me was how they killed most of major characters for almost no reason during Legacy of the Forces run.
Okay, so this game is a dumpster fire, nobody likes it. My question is: How much money are retards still spending on it?
I think at this point even the most retarded retards hate this crap or laugh at it.

Turjan

Arcane
From Todd with love...

I expected a marriage proposal at the end, but alas, you can't have everything.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Fallout 76 is indeed fun with friends, had a friend to watch a glitch compilation on you tube and we had a great time together. Thanks Bethesda.

U-8D8

Savant
I don't watch this guy, but comparing Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 to the current rot of battle royale games is incredibly stupid.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
At least Yahtzee has the right general idea, even if he falters on some of the particulars.

I used to watch his videos MANY years ago, so it's always vertigo-inducing to see one posted and realize that he's still there cranking them out.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Back when I had godly reflexes and hastened the breaking point of many aspiring school shooters, Quake 3 was the only FPS that could allow me to reach my full potential as the undisputed apex predator. UT '99 was too sluggish and lacked that impact to the gameplay. I felt like I was put on a leash, like I was deliberately having my deadliness drastically lowered so even the amputated could stand a chance. I don't like that.

Nowadays I'd probably enjoy UT '99 more because I'm a washed up, broken down, used and abused shadow of former glory. But back when I was a gladiatorial savage with the blood of lions bolstering my every rocket jump and railgun shot? Q3, all day.

msxyz

Augur
Back when I had godly reflexes and hastened the breaking point of many aspiring school shooters, Quake 3 was the only FPS that could allow me to reach my full potential as the undisputed apex predator. UT '99 was too sluggish and lacked that impact to the gameplay. I felt like I was put on a leash, like I was deliberately having my deadliness drastically lowered so even the amputated could stand a chance. I don't like that.

Nowadays I'd probably enjoy UT '99 more because I'm a washed up, broken down, used and abused shadow of former glory. But back when I was a gladiatorial savage with the blood of lions bolstering my every rocket jump and railgun shot? Q3, all day.
That's about the only advantage I give credit to Quake 3; I remember playing UT at 1.2x speed or something like that with friends. UT99 though had better atmosphere, more varied weapons that made you think, even in the thick of a battle. With the editor, it was also possible to crank all sort of cool tricks, like maps with inverted gravity or traps that could be player activated (and the game would still acknowledge your kill, even if it was triggered by an external event). Still a masterpiece that has aged gracefully.

Astral Rag

Arcane

I was a young adult in 99 but I can still hold my own against Q3A's nightmare bots in the current year.

FBC949036B0D01B3F38134F09F70E48AA879A076

:smug:

Too bad fake id basically killed Q3 when they released that QL abomination. Quake Champions is the final nail in the coffin.

F

Kitchen Utensil

I was a young adult in 99 but I can still hold my own against Q3A's nightmare bots in the current year.

FBC949036B0D01B3F38134F09F70E48AA879A076

:smug:

Too bad fake id basically killed Q3 when they released that QL abomination. Quake Champions is the final nail in the coffin.

F

Should you ever feel like playing a Q3 duel (osp 1.03) or two, let me know. :D
Maybe we could even organise a Codex FFA or TDM or something?
I'm super rusty though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom