Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ok, the key question is: Who is going to be the sacrificial lamb to keep playing on the NCR main campaign to report if it is more than horrid Fallout 3 shooting sections with CoD on rails shit on top of it?.
Nah the whole NCR main campaign is linear with a lots of shooting and explosions.

The Frontier features 3 distinct main quest lines, each totaling up to 15+ hours of gameplay each, with the NCR being the longest at 35+.
The New California Republic questline will take you on a linear, action packed adventure with in-game cutscenes and state of the art scripting.
The Northern Legion is a dialogue heavy adventure with an expanded view of the Legion.
And The Crusaders of Steel are a wonderful blend of the two, with state of the art scripting and complex dialogue and topics.
Jesus, who would want to play 35 hours of CoD on Gamebryo?

TheBreadcrumb

Novice
OH MAN THIS IS EVEN WORSE THAN NEW CALIFORNIA. I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.

This fucking mod apparently has a fucking vault full of fucking warrior lizard people turned stoners. And they're fucking defending it too.
See for yourself if you don't believe me
BONUS LINK

What's bad about that? This is Fallout after all.

A bunch of fans create a huge, ambitious mod for free, for other fans, a labor of love, and yet there's so much negativity here. Not sure what your problem is.
It's cool to live in a world in which games are moddable and nerds create this sort of stuff for others to enjoy, in their free time. Even if not all of it is cream of the crop.

I'd be inclined to agree with your sentiment, problem is that the devs for this mod sperged out about modern politics and other retarded topics as seen here: https://vocaroo.com/1hTolZvFdCtK
"Encalve is a fascist power fantasy!"
"Lizards aren't trump supporters!"
"The enclave and legion are trump supporters!"
"We didn't add enclave option since we don't support the power fantasy!"

Spouting these kinds of lines tend to generate some animosity. Myself included.

Lol what is next? a vault full of talking Deathclaws?
That was also pretty terrible. But Black Isle studio didn't rant about politics so that makes them infinitely better than these devs and the dumb shit they put in more forgivable as the game they're in is far superior to, if what I've read is true, a linear COD-ish mod.

The Jester

Cipher
So, a bunch of resident Trumpists got triggered by some crap the devs said so they will now shittalk the mod?

Oh, you precious little snowflakes :)
All they needed to say was:
"The Encalve were designed to be generic big bad guys, and we will not change that"
BUT NO they had to shove the "MUH BOOGEY ORANGE MAN, MUH FASCIST" down their fans's throat.

Lemming42

Arcane
This mod looks retarded but I won't stand for the S'lanter slander (S'lander) going on here. On the whole it's for the best that they were cut, but there's nothing really brain-meltingly stupid about them. They broadly make sense within the game's internal logic - FEV does whatever the plot demands, moreso in Fallout 2 obviously, but still in Fallout 1 - and their area was going to have a cool caste conflict going on which the player could tip the balance of. If handled well it could have been a nice nod to the type of silly pulp fiction that Fallout already leans heavily on, and there's no reason why the racoons couldn't have been handled just as seriously as every other faction in the game.

Yosharian

Arcane
1f2qCAc.jpg

:prosper:

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, a bunch of resident Trumpists got triggered by some crap the devs said so they will now shittalk the mod?

Oh, you precious little snowflakes :)
Nah, care less about devs being retardred, most are, so that isnt news but not a fan of playing 35 hs of CoD on Gamebryo. Also, most characters have this fanboy attitude with endless inside jokes about New Vegas instead of saying something interesting and they also have this attitude of teenagers trying hard to be gruff military types with cringe as fuck lines that makes CoD looking mature, my cringe o meter is through the roof now. I mean, sure, it is free content but what is the point if it isnt fun? Yeah, going on a party of heroine addicts and used Aids ridden needles everywhere on the ground is for free and they took effort on their party but it isnt necessarily a good place to be.

Gonna take the effort to see where this rabbit hole goes but by what I witnessed, I have the suspicion it is on Fallout 3 kind of stupid but made worse for they trying to make a CoD shooter out of it.

Zer0wing

Cipher
This mod looks retarded but I won't stand for the S'lanter slander (S'lander) going on here. On the whole it's for the best that they were cut, but there's nothing really brain-meltingly stupid about them. They broadly make sense within the game's internal logic - FEV does whatever the plot demands, moreso in Fallout 2 obviously, but still in Fallout 1 - and their area was going to have a cool caste conflict going on which the player could tip the balance of. If handled well it could have been a nice nod to the type of silly pulp fiction that Fallout already leans heavily on, and there's no reason why the racoons couldn't have been handled just as seriously as every other faction in the game.
Exaclty. Because Black Isle (they weren't called BI before 1998 but c'mon guys, it's Black Isle) understood their limits and that they won't be able to make it work.
You tried to escape current day politics again. You won't. You can't.
c6CkFf9.png

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

This fucking mod apparently has a fucking vault full of fucking warrior lizard people turned stoners. And they're fucking defending it too.
BONUS LINK

Unverified leaks have it that the Fallout universe is going to gradually lead to the Elder Scrolls universe.

Are the mod developers hoping to get this game included in the official canon by creating Argonians in Fallout??

The Jester

Cipher

BONUS LINK

Unverified leaks have it that the Fallout universe is going to gradually lead to the Elder Scrolls universe.

Are the mod developers hoping to get this game included in the official canon by creating Argonians in Fallout??
They are more like snake people.
Screenshot-65.png

Codex Year of the Donut

BONUS LINK

Screenshot-65.png
the shissar
hope they include vah shir too

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Stupid question. I can alt-tab out of NV but not get back in. Is this the fault of NVSE, , vortex, the 4gb patch or something else?

Pot smoking lizards. They probably thought pot smoking cat people would have been over the top.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

BONUS LINK

Screenshot-65.png

Tsaeci?
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Tsaesci

DeepOcean

Arcane
Jesus Christ, I just played a mission where you need to get going through the streets of post apocalyptic Portland, defending a tank from anti tank fire. If the tank gets too much damaged and it is destroyed, you fail. They give you something for you to fix the tank when it gets damaged.

Ok, typical CoD nonsense right? Yes but it gets even better. The tank actually is very resistant and can kill all enemies fine on its own, independent of your input, actually trying to help is really discouraged because the tank is a bigger threat to you than the enemies as its big gun hits have a big area of effect and you have zero control over what it is aiming. It gets even better, loads of enemies with area of effect guns and while the tank blocks hits, it doesnt block the AoE they cause, so when you go fix the tank, you blow up.

It gets even better, on the begining of the game, you have the options of choosing a weapon, if you dont choose a rifle, you are fucked until you find one as pretty much most enemies on this scripted sequence have AoE guns and are firing from high ground, outside your guns range and if you didnt pick a rifle, you will only have access to peashooters that do nothing and trying to shoot the enemies will only get you killed.

It gets even better, there are plenty of places on the streets where you dont even have cover to flank and do something, after you finally reach the end, then, plot twist, the legion attacks and you are captured.

It gets even better, the levels of tardation keep going until reaching a climax, not even Fallout 3 manage that but I will get there, the legion captures you and everybody on the legion knows you are the legendary courier just by looking at you on a world where there are no cameras pratically everywhere. The retardation keeps getting better, the legion head honcho himself comes to torture you.

It gets even better, they didnt include the Enclave because it is a "facist fantasy" but the legion leader pretty much tortures you with a hammer and cut the arm and leg of some random NCR NPC with an axe and then just cut his head later, making the Enclave look like hippies in comparison. The legion leader looks like some comic book villain and decide to crucify you after you fail to give him any info about the NCR goals and how are you supposedly to know that when you were just recruited. Wouldnt be smarter he trying to recruit you into being a double agent?

But no, oh no, they are commited into showing how retardly evil the dude is, you are crucified.

Then, the retardation reaches its climax, some band of NCR deserters, have more Vertibirds than the entire NCR had on Hoover Dam and mount a complicated rescuing opperation behind enemy lines to... rescue you, yeah, just you, the legendary Courier that everyone and his mother knows about. I mean, woah... it is a pity because you see they actually tried hard to script all this bullshit, it is a pity that despite their work, it is still bullshit.

Last edited:

oregano12

Educated
Never thought there would be something capable of attracting the same amount of trannies and russians on a consistence basis, but somehow New Vegas proved me wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom