Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fate Gates of Dawn

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by theverybigslayer, Oct 18, 2008.

1. :Flash: Arcane

:Flash:
    The manual from http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/ should be good enough, it is text, but includes page numbers. Also the maps.IFF can be viewed with IrfanView.
    It is important not to have a cracked Version, as it has never been properly cracked, and cracked versions become unplayable with time. The HD version from that site should work.

^ Top  
  2. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    Man, this looks awesome, gotta try someday

^ Top  
  3. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    the dev, Olaf Patzenhauer, died some years ago though so the fans are making (or is finished, i dunno) Fate 3.

^ Top  
  4. warmonger3 Scholar Patron

warmonger3
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I got Fate running now. Found a decent Amiga page with everything I needed . I'm having issues with my mouse double clicking, argh, I had this problem before.

I need to work on my config, I'm currently alone and trying to recruit members with zero success. Haha they hate me. Then I pissed a Wizard off and he nuked me to death. Good times.:love:

^ Top  
  5. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    decent Amiga page? seemed broken to me.

btw, i asked around and a collector guy i know in Germany have this game in unopened condition, but he wants like 80 Euro for it, which is kinda expensive but it is MIB after all.

i added it to my BUY LATER list.

^ Top  
  6. :Flash: Arcane

:Flash:
    I assume it is this dude?
    Dude from Australia is selling it for a a lot less.

^ Top  
  7. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    yep, he linked me the same auction.

and i dunno, got some other expenses this month.

also, some jerk has prob put a 500 AU dollar bid on it, since i cant break his lead.

^ Top  
  8. warmonger3 Scholar Patron

warmonger3
    Scroll down to the bottom. All the kickstarts and workbenches are there which is required to run uae and the game. I didn't try any of the game links.
    That is a nice collectors item, seems a shame not to open it though.

^ Top  
  9. Wolfus Cipher

Wolfus
    HD version works, my friend finished it. WHD version also works, but you need registered key (or use save state in WinUAE).

^ Top  
  10. warmonger3 Scholar Patron

warmonger3
    So far, so good on the HD install. I'm barely just starting the game though. I have to build a party first and in Fate that is a main quest all to itself. I need to scour the countryside for better equipment so that the Knights are impressed with my advanced weaponry. They will be sure to join me then. :smug:
    Was too easy to get Warlocks and Witches but they are basically money whores. Knights won't join for money.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.