Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorable Witcher review on GameTrailers.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28558.html

Performance issues, lewl. The horrible texture pop-in, glitchy seams and clipping, abysmal framerate and hideous interface in Mass Effect never got mentioned in that game's review, though. At least the user comments here aren't completely retarded.

Mayday

Augur
"It's bound to be overshadowed by a vast number of HIGH PROFILE releases".

Hahahahaha, that's it, I'll never read/watch a video game review again.

Norfleet

Mayday said:
"It's bound to be overshadowed by a vast number of HIGH PROFILE releases".
I dunno, in my line of work, "profile" is synonymous with "target area". A high profile thing therefore presents a large target area. Extrapolated to games, it means that it will suck so much and catch so much flak that we'll all be preoccupied in flaming it instead of talking about the Witcher.

MasPingon

Arcane
"When it comes to rpg elements, it's a bit shallow, especially compared to Oblivion"

I was thinking about ironic comment for this but it doesn't need any. Other then that, pretty fair review with a good score.

Herbert West

Arbiter
MasPingon said:
"When it comes to rpg elements, it's a bit shallow, especially compared to Oblivion"

Argh! My eyes, my eyes! They hurt after reading this!

MetalCraze

Arcane
When it comes to rpg elements, it's a bit shallow, especially compared to Oblivion

Oblivion's rpg elements already became a legend of youtube...

anyway what did you expect from another retarded reviewer? as for me - I can trust only two review sources these days.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

No comment.

HAHAHAHA!!! A God. This made my day.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I... don't see the reason for your reaction?

Is it or is it not true that Oblivion has more skills, like a dialogue skill and thief skills? There's a barter skill, different weapon skills, different magic skills... the character development of the Witcher seems outright shallow compared to that, though of course I might be wrong since I didn't play it, maybe there IS some dialogue skill, barter skill, attributes, different weapons to use, etc, etc in The Witcher.

If there's not the comment is entirely justified because as you ought to know, RPG element usually refers to the stat and skill system. You have to understand that "RPG" is generally used to mean "experience points, stats, numbers, skills, quests, race, class", and in that regard, Witcher simply can't offer so much. Nor should it, it's not that sort of RPG. But to say the comment is wrong when clearly it is not is silly by you; you all are aware what RPG elements means when used by a review site. The RPG elements of System Shock 2 and Deus Ex are not choices, dialogue, blah, no, with them, people mean the skill and increase system.

Suicidal

Arcane
retard said:
Poor graphics, irritating combat system, massive loading times, too high requirements for such a low graphics, almost none face mimic.... "7" is max this game should get.

Poor graphics? wut? I wonder what graphics does he consider good then. And too high system requirements? Yes, they are high, but the game runs smoothly with everything set on max on my PC which is slightly below the recommended requirements, it only lags during cutscenes. I love how he wants to give the game a 7 for only those points, even though two of them are flawed.

Oh, and nothing beats Oblivion's facial expressions during the persuasion minigame.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
MasPingon said:
Jasede said:
I... don't see the reason for your reaction?

Maybe becaouse we actually played both games

Is it or is it not true that Oblivion has more skills, like a dialogue skill

Huh?

Oblivion definitely has more weapon skills, as far as I can tell: swords, blunt weapons, bows... Also, there's a barter skill, race selection, class selection, more attributes to increase, et cetera. All those things are RPG elements and it only makes sense a reviewer would call Witcher shallow in this regard, assuming it doesn't have much of this. Heck, even I would call all Gothic games shallow in their RPG elements, since there's really not many skills, no race selection, etc. This doesn't make it a better or worse RPG, I am just pointing out that the review's remark might very well be justified, assuming Witcher has more of a Gothic-like system.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Jasede, I don't see how "amount of skills = rpg quality". Besides, the skills in Oblivion are only there for the lulz, they don't really mean fuck all, since you become the master of all of them irregardless of what class you designed for yourself. There is no consequence in what you choose yada yada you know what I'm talking about.

MetalCraze

Arcane
+1

Jasede you named so many skills of Oblivion - but the problem is - they do not affect anything in the game - except for cosmetic changes... and speechcraft? important skill? in Oblivion? meh.

fastpunk

Arbiter

Oh great spirit of picard, I invoce thee!!!

1186001753999tj1.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Hey, I was just chiming in as a 3rd party that played neither game.

So yeah, I am talking shit and loving it. :3 I should become a politician.

dragonfk

Erudite
Really Jasede I find it tiring to read your posts in every newsbit about TW and seeing you always try to be so fucking against the game. So why dont you just STFU from now on because we have already heard many times that you havent played the game and really my memory isnt so bad to be reminded about the fact for the 10th fucking time. Of course if you played the game and would like to share you oppinion about it then go for it.

PS. Defending Oblivions RPG qualities is a disgrace and you should be given "Oblivion hugger" tag.

Madman

Novice
Looks like fair review. Only thing i can't stand is this Oblivion comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom