Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Wh40k Primarch in terms of fluff?

Which is your favorite Wh40k primarch?

• Lion El'Jonson, Primarch of the Dark Angels

• Fulgrim, Primarch of the Emperor's Children

• Perturabo, Primach of the Iron Warriors

• Jaghatai Khan, Primarch of the White Scars

• Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves

• Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

• Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords

• Sanguinius, Primarch of the Blood Angels

• Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands

• Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters

• Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines

• Mortarion, Primarch of the Death Guard

• Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons

• Horus Lupercal, Primarch of the Luna Wolves (Sons of Horus)

• Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers

• Vulkan, Primarch of the Salamanders

• Corvus Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard

• Alpharius Omegon, Primarch of the Alpha Legion

• Kingcomrade, Primarch of the Codex Cucks

Results are only viewable after voting.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Alpharius Omegon because
- REDACTED BY INQUISITORIAL DECREE -
Alpharius is a very interesting figure. I wish GeeDubs would make up their minds when it comes to this primarch. Was he really killed by Rogal Dorn? Was he really the first primarch found by the Emperor? Was he secretly still loyal to the Imperium and Big E? The fluff seems to be that he joined Horus only out of pragmatism,not because he was corrupted by Chaos...

Vatnik Wumao
Alpharius Omegon because
Alpharius is a very interesting figure. I wish GeeDubs would make up their minds when it comes to this primarch. Was he really killed by Rogal Dorn? Was he really the first primarch found by the Emperor? Was he secretly still loyal to the Imperium and Big E? The fluff seems to be that he joined Horus only out of pragmatism,not because he was corrupted by Chaos...
I think that the incomprehensible nature of the Alpha Legion's history & beliefs is a big part of their appeal. Revealing too much would ruin their fluff, so having their lore instead be expanded through various contradictory accounts is the best thing for GW to do with them.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Alpharius Omegon because
I think that the incomprehensible nature of the Alpha Legion's history & beliefs is a big part of their appeal. Revealing too much would ruin their fluff, so having their lore instead be expanded through various contradictory accounts is the best thing for GW to do with them.
Indeed,that is their major appeal. The Alpha Legion was trained for espionage,sabotage and misdirection. Even now,they seem to use Chaos mainly out of pragmatism,not because they are religious fanatics who absolutely hate the Imperium,like the Word Bearers.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sanguinius.
Not only he reformed and redeemed one of the most batshit insane and bloodthirsty chapters in the Imperium - The Blood Angels(who were also known as the "Charnel Feast"),he remained steadfastly loyal to the Emperor and to humanity,despite his ex BFF Horus trying to turn him to Chaos. Not to mention the Red Thirst he had to deal with and to conceal it from others,even though Horus was aware of it and promised to keep it a secret(this was before he became Mega Heretic).
Incredibly humble,charismatic(he got along with all other Primarchs,no small feat),and a monster in melee combat.
Oh yeah, Pre-Sanguinius Blood Angels were abso-fucking-lutely bugfuck nuts ultra violent cannibal berserkers who received cute nicknames like "Revenant Legion" and would turn every planet they assaulted into massive charnel houses where they would engage in massive amounts of murder and canibalism. They weren't even Chaos corrupted and already made the Khornate World Bearers look like prancing nancy fag boys in comparison.

Sanguinius is pretty much WH40k Uncle Ben tho - he's too good for this sinful world so he has to go, and that's why he matters - because he made his sacrifice, he knew he had to make his sacrifice and gladly went to his fate.

I find it ironically sad that he was always so worried about the Red Thirst, because there's some implication that the Red Thirst is not a bug, its a feature. But he was so afraid of his Legion getting the Missing Legion [REDACTED] treatment, he never had the courage to go and ask the Emperor for help with the Red Thirst.

Still, it was funny when Sangyboi realized that he has In-Universe Plot Armor, because He's Fated To Die Fighting The Warmaster on the Vengeful Spirit, therefore he can literally give zero fucks and go Full YOLO on Chaos because no matter what happens, they can't kill him until them. So he just proceeds to dunk on Titans and shit :lol:
Yeah,the Red Thirst might have been intentional on the Emperor's part when he designed the legion. Then again,it might have been a "blessing" of Khorne and had its origins in the Warp...
The good guys of 40k always suffer,whether its the Salamanders and Lamenters or Sanguinius and his "Son. My greatest sun" Dante.

Caim

Arcane
Alpharius Omegon because
We learned more about him in the Alpharius: Head of the Hydra book.

Truth of the matter is that Omegon was actually Alpharius pretending to be Omegon pretending to be Alpharius and Alpharius was actually Omegon pretending to be Alpharius pretending to be Omegon. Alpharius (the real one) was loyal to his father all along and would ensure the continued existence of the Imperium at every cost necessary, starting out as his father's cleanup agent. Nobody, not even the Emperor, knew of Omegon's existence so the Alpharius who stumbled onto Horus was actually Omegon who introduced himself to his brother as Alpharius, even though he was actually Omegon. The Alpharius killed by Rogal Dorn was actually Alpharius pretending to be Omegon, even though it was actually Omegon pretending to be Alpharius.

Also the last line of the book is "This was a lie." Hydra Dominatus.

TL;DR version:

tBlfkmO.jpg

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been going through the Horus Heresy series by ArchWarhammer (makes some great content btw, the fact that the 40k community doesn't like him is indicative of how shit it is), and while I am enjoying the 40k universe and the stories, it strikes me just how full of shit writing it is, with inconsistencies in competence and depiction of every character, from the Astartes to the Primarchs from author to author. It's a bit disappointing tbh.

The Alpha Legion is a perfect example of this, because as cool as the idea is, it makes zero fucking fucking sense at all.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've been going through the Horus Heresy series by ArchWarhammer (makes some great content btw, the fact that the 40k community doesn't like him is indicative of how shit it is), and while I am enjoying the 40k universe and the stories, it strikes me just how full of shit writing it is, with inconsistencies in competence and depiction of every character, from the Astartes to the Primarchs from author to author. It's a bit disappointing tbh.

The Alpha Legion is a perfect example of this, because as cool as the idea is, it makes zero fucking fucking sense at all.
Dan Abnett is one of the best 40k authors. Aaron Dembski Bowden is also pretty good(Betrayer: Blood for the Blood God is killer),also his Nights Lords Omnibus is really good. However,he REALLY hates the Emperor,and goes out of his way to portray him as a soulless, malicious and spiteful tyrant.
Guy Haley is another competent author(his Blood Angels series is awesome,I may be biased since they are my favourite chapter).
Yeah,the community can be pretty dumb,and Games Workshop are fucking Grade-A Heretics.

They are all flawed because they aren't as perfect as the Emperor of Mankind himself. So I have no favorite.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I voted for Adolphius/Ohmygod, but I'd like to make a case for those missing: The lost Primarchs. Some primarchs would be better off shrouded in mystery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom