Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Wh40k Primarch in terms of fluff?

Which is your favorite Wh40k primarch?

• Lion El'Jonson, Primarch of the Dark Angels

• Fulgrim, Primarch of the Emperor's Children

• Perturabo, Primach of the Iron Warriors

• Jaghatai Khan, Primarch of the White Scars

• Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves

• Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

• Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords

• Sanguinius, Primarch of the Blood Angels

• Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands

• Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters

• Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines

• Mortarion, Primarch of the Death Guard

• Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons

• Horus Lupercal, Primarch of the Luna Wolves (Sons of Horus)

• Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers

• Vulkan, Primarch of the Salamanders

• Corvus Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard

• Alpharius Omegon, Primarch of the Alpha Legion

• Kingcomrade, Primarch of the Codex Cucks

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jaghatai Khan, because space mongols.

Based.

Also Jaghatai is the only Primarch who approached the Heresy sensibly.

Dude gets out of a war against Orks, to see his brothers killing each other and throwing accusations of betrayal like rice on a wedding.
He's the one Primarch who actually joined the Emperor's side not out of pure loyalty (like Dorn, The Lion and Ferrus), nor out of being attacked by the traitors first (Vulkan, Corax, Guilliman), nor for other reasons (Sanguinius, Leman Russ), but because he actually looked at the facts, examined each side's argument, heard their opinions and then took a wise, informed decision. Dude went from being apathetic about the Emperor (to the point the Emperor thought he was a wild card) to being balls-to-the-walls FOR THE EMPEROR because he realized what the real stakes were.

He also actually helped his own team, unlike CERTAIN PRIMARCHS who kept scoring own goals across the Heresy (coff coff Leman Russ coff coff)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Justice

1200px-MagnusFenris.jpg

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
None of them - they were all opinionated, emotional little shits that refused to obey their Lord and Master.

Just look at Guilliman, being presented with objective, empirical evidence of the God Emperor's divinity and yet he still refuses to see, refuses to submit.

Only thing worse than a traitor is a heretic, and all the Primarchs are heretics.

But if I had to choose one, then it would be loyalist Lorgar for seeing the truth of things. Pity he failed his test unlike the Biblical Abraham.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Buttermilk Bob of the Second Legion. An entity that is such a sycophant of all things GW that he willing blows his entire life savings on overpriced plastic toys.

MartinK

Learned
Rawbutt Girlyman - I don’t care much for WH40K, but the ultramarine boss seems to be the most normal and functional of the bunch.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Rawbutt Girlyman - I don’t care much for WH40K, but the ultramarine boss seems to be the most normal and functional of the bunch.
Unfortunately for the Emperor's Finest he is still coming to terms with General Relativity!

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Except that one time where he created his own breakaway empire and almost declared himself the Emperor.

But Gulliman is loyal, OK? Totally loyal.

Caim

Arcane
Ferrus Manus because he died early on in the Heresy and as such the writers will have a more difficult time with ruining his character.

Second place is Angron because of his exchange with Kharn about the scar on his back that was meant to give Angron some gravitas and personality, only for the whole thing to end up sounding like an unhinged rant on par with a wrestling promo by the Ultimate Warrior.

Keshik

Arcane
None of them - they were all opinionated, emotional little shits that refused to obey their Lord and Master.

Dorn doesn't fit that, doesn't even seem to be emotional and is probably the most loyal.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Rogal Dorn and Magnus. I've also started to take a liking to Roman Gorillaman after his resurrection.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I found Corax to be one of the more interesting ones. Despite the "Raven emo kid" reputation he has, Corax was also someone Emperor seemingly had irrational amount of confidence in. He was apparently told about Chaos before all other Primarchs and big E gives him full access to cloning facilities to rebuild his legion. Why? Was his loyalty so absolute or was there something else? I wonder if it was due to Corax's origin story where he's given full freedom to do decide on whether to level cities and kill hundreds of thousands for the greater benefit, and Emperor saw some of his own struggles in making that difficult choice.

madbringer

Arcane
Not the biggest 40k expert but Curze seems pretty cool.

His story is by far the most interesting. Konrad is basically the 30k setting Punisher, moulding an entire planet to his vigilante justice before the Emperor discovered him. Of all the "dead" Primarchs, I am p. sure he will be the one that will be found somehow alive and either amibiguous in his allegiance or for the Empire.

Poseidon00

Arcane
You know what? I'm going to say Angron. His story is rather simple, but he is the most human of the Primachs, and of all the reasons that some Primarchs turned their backs on the Emperor his is the only cause I sympathize with. I can understand the reasons for Horus intellectually, but it's not the same thing.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I found Corax to be one of the more interesting ones. Despite the "Raven emo kid" reputation he has, Corax was also someone Emperor seemingly had irrational amount of confidence in. He was apparently told about Chaos before all other Primarchs and big E gives him full access to cloning facilities to rebuild his legion. Why? Was his loyalty so absolute or was there something else? I wonder if it was due to Corax's origin story where he's given full freedom to do decide on whether to level cities and kill hundreds of thousands for the greater benefit, and Emperor saw some of his own struggles in making that difficult choice.
Wait, Corax was the one the Emperor told about Chaos? I knew there was one who got the full scoop, but I thought it was The Lion
I thought the Lion already knew. You're right, though. It's apparently a choice between the Lion and Corax.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
What's hilarious is that 10 years ago everyone would have hated the Ultramarines. Because GW designer Matt Ward made them the ultimate Mary-Sues. Guilliman obvious the most.

Ward left in 2014, thankfully, and then I'd say Abnett returned Guilliman and his Ultramarines to normal capabilities in Know No Fear. Normal capability as in being able to do awesome things but not perfectly unscathed like Mary Sues.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sanguinius.
Not only he reformed and redeemed one of the most batshit insane and bloodthirsty chapters in the Imperium - The Blood Angels(who were also known as the "Charnel Feast"),he remained steadfastly loyal to the Emperor and to humanity,despite his ex BFF Horus trying to turn him to Chaos. Not to mention the Red Thirst he had to deal with and to conceal it from others,even though Horus was aware of it and promised to keep it a secret(this was before he became Mega Heretic).
Incredibly humble,charismatic(he got along with all other Primarchs,no small feat),and a monster in melee combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom